Witcher 3 - Game of the Month @ GameSpot

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
GameSpot declared The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to 'Game of the Month May 2015':

In May of 2015, it was The Witcher this and The Witcher that. All Witcher, all the time, it seemed, and for good reason: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a phenomenal role-playing game and a worthy recipient of the public's attention.

(...)

Alas and alack, Geralt's silver sword has vanquished these monsters in the race for Game of the Month of May, 2015. You can nitpick its specific elements, but it's hard to deny that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a great accomplishment. Geralt, the witcher of the game's title, is a stoic presence in an unwelcome world. As he navigates one of gaming's exquisitely crafted lands, he witnesses couples finding love amid horror and politicians enduring the turbulence of unhappy citizens. Choice and consequence take on new meaning as you alter the course of people's lives, all while galloping across mysterious bogs and battling ferocious, awe-inspiring monsters.

No game has it all, but The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has an air of totality, giving you everything you might want in an open-air RPG, feeling simultaneously enormous and intimate, thus creating personal connections in kingdoms that stretch on for many miles. Congratulations, The Witcher 3, for inspiring in us a great urge to explore--and for earning GameSpot's award for May 2015's Game of the Month.
More information.

Didn't someone else say Invisible Inc is game of the month?
Maybe I was dreaming...

I remember times when RPS was a good site (Ubi using pirate cracks scandal, EA instabanning people from games after forumbans, etc all covered by RPS unlike sold_their_soul gaming sites).

What happened to them?

So Joxer, you don't like
  • GameBanshee,
  • IGN,
  • GameSpot,
  • Rock, Paper, Shotgun
that leaves you with RPGWatch and RPGCodex…

So Joxer, you don't like
  • GameBanshee,
  • IGN,
  • GameSpot,
  • Rock, Paper, Shotgun

Don't provoke him, HiddenX. Or he will put RPGCodex on the list above! :p :p :p

What kind of change?

New people coming in and original ones leaving. I don't remember the specific, I read a "RPS isn't what is used to be" exchange on Reddit a while back that explained why it felt different now.

GB over the years became a total letdown, after BrotherNone left I never visited that site again. About IGN I said in another thread are praising bug-o-ramas everyone else debunks, Gamespot joined political correctness nazis.

That still leaves so many other sites to follow. Escapist (generally good, but still paying a journalist who put 10/10 on DA2) or PC Gamer for example.

How could Witcher 3 not win? Also, major respect to CDPR for working non-stop on patching the game. Version 1.05 makes the movement and the camera so much better!

So Joxer, you don't like
  • GameBanshee,
  • IGN,
  • GameSpot,
  • Rock, Paper, Shotgun

Joxer doesn't like anything even remotely related to north america.

How could Witcher 3 not win? Also, major respect to CDPR for working non-stop on patching the game. Version 1.05 makes the movement and the camera so much better!

It does? I haven't noticed a change at all. What do you notice that's better?

Joxer doesn't like anything even remotely related to north america.

RPGWatch is multinational - some staff members for example:

Arhu / Germany
aries100 / Denmark
Aubrielle / US
Corwin / Australia
Couchpotato / US
Dhruin / Australia
Fluent / US
Garret / Germany
Gorath / Germany
HiddenX / Germany
Icefire / US
Jaz / Germany
Myrthos / Netherlands
Woges / UK

RPGWatch is multinational - some staff members for example:

Arhu / Germany
aries100 / Denmark
Aubrielle / US
Corwin / Australia
Couchpotato / US
Dhruin / Australia
Fluent / US
Garret / Germany
Gorath / Germany
HiddenX / Germany
Icefire / US
Jaz / Germany
Myrthos / Netherlands
Woges / UK

How can you not have a Canadian on that list, for shame;)

It does? I haven't noticed a change at all. What do you notice that's better?

swimming is more comfortable and camera panning is completely smooth with not frame skipping.

Back
Top Bottom