Two Worlds III in Development

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well it has been a while since my last post but I had to share this news. Seems Reality Pump has announced they have officially begun development of Two Worlds III.

Link - https://www.facebook.com/TopwareInteractive/posts/10153973662430761
TopWare Interactive and Reality Pump studios have some exciting news! We are pleased to announce that after earning multiple awards and selling over ten million units, Reality Pump Studios has officially begun work on the third part of our blockbuster RPG series, Two Worlds!

Two Worlds III™ is currently in the concept stage and scheduled for development over the next 36 months. Keep an eye out for further announcements.
They are also releasing a Two Worlds II Engine Update & more DLC.

Link - http://www.callofthetenebrae.com/en/
And that’s not all! We’re also excited to announce a major engine update for Two Worlds II, and we’re going to need it, because while we’re laying down the basics for the third installment in the series, this year we’re also going to be releasing eight new Two Worlds II multiplayer maps and two brand-new, single-player DLCs, Call of the Tenebrae and Shattered Embrace!.

Last edited:
still alive after raven's cry? :biggrin:
Yes and Raven's Cry was a failure due to another developer & lack of funds. So I sincerely hope they get enough funds to make Two Worlds III a better game.

I'm also interested in playing the two new Two Worlds II DLC's.

I could be wrong, but although Reality Pump still exists as a brand, I thought virtually all the staff left to join CDPR and others. I think this is Reality Pump in name only.

I`ve lost count how often their mother company went belly up, sold the IP to a new company with the same owners and started over.

I'm also interested in playing the two new Two Worlds II DLC's.

Wait, there will be two new DLC's?

Wait, there will be two new DLC's?
Yes as stated in my post above.:)
This year we’re also going to be releasing eight new Two Worlds II multiplayer maps and two brand-new, single-player DLCs, Call of the Tenebrae and Shattered Embrace!.
They haven't announced yet when the second will be released.
I`ve lost count how often their mother company went belly up, sold the IP to a new company with the same owners and started over.
Yep I recall reading the name reverted to Zuxxez Entertainment again.:thinking:

Great news, I am probably one of the series biggest fans.
Wonder if this will bring Youngneil out of retirement so he can make the mod that links all four together.

In anticipation of this I grabbed the Two Worlds collection, currently a whopping 87% off at Steam. I haven't played Two Worlds 2 yet, but I'll give it a spin with the 2 new DLC.

From what I heard, it's game you either love or hate. It looks and sounds similar enough to Gothic 3 to have my interest. How do those two compare?

In anticipation of this I grabbed the Two Worlds collection, currently a whopping 87% off at Steam. I haven't played Two Worlds 2 yet, but I'll give it a spin with the 2 new DLC.

From what I heard, it's game you either love or hate. It looks and sounds similar enough to Gothic 3 to have my interest. How do those two compare?
Two Worlds was made to be an Oblivion clone, and despite a few flaws it came quite close. As for Two World's II it followed the same formula, but updated the graphics.

Gokyabgu shared a short review back in 2011 if you're interested.:)

Link - http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061054936&postcount=1

I might be in the minority, but I really liked how they did crafting. If you have the proper skills, you could break down various weapons and armor and make incremental improvements to your gear. If you find 5 short swords that all do 7 damage, you could break down the other 4 and have one short sword that would do 9-10 damage. There is a LOT of treasure in 2W2.

I forgot all about these! PC Gamer just mentioned the upcoming expansion to 2W2 and the Steam page is up. The game is expected in the 1st quarter of this year.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/456220/

Glad to see these guys are still kicking. Their games were pretty solid, art and environment design in particular.
But man I'll never understand why they're going for big open world games with tenth of resources required.
Middle ground developers like this need to attract player interest with more creative settings and innovative game mechanics.

An expansion? To grind more animals I guess...
Meh.

Kind of bizarre for them to release an expansion for a 6 year old game. That has to be some kind of record for the time between a main game and an expansion.

steam page is up since march last year; anyway was surprised too when they announced it back then

Kind of bizarre for them to release an expansion for a 6 year old game. That has to be some kind of record for the time between a main game and an expansion.

Nah, WoW has them beat. Definitely odd though, is anyone still even playing this?
And the name! Sure explains a few things.

Back
Top Bottom