Star Wars Uprising - new Disney/Star Wars project: a phone game?

Hexprone

Thou hast lost an eighth!
Yep, a phone game. Disney has announced what is I believe the first official Star Wars RPG to come out since the shuttering of Lucasarts. It's important to the lore, bridging the gap between the end of Return of the Jedi and the beginning of The Force Awakens. And it's announced only for Android and iOS.

The Lucasarts logo to the left of the article may be outdated, but is intended as a memorial.

Brian Alpert at IGN writes:

Daniel Erickson is the developer of a brand new Star Wars game, but when he talks to me about working on his project with Lucasfilm, he sounds more like a secret agent.

“For some of the story stuff, literally, I have to go into a room by myself and carry nothing, and read a script or a piece of paper, or a description, in a white room under guard, and then walk out with nothing.”

“It’s pretty in the BioWare world when you’re not in a dungeon, and pretty in the Diablo world when you are in a dungeon,” Erickson said, though he later added there won’t be any dialogue trees. “It’s a whole lot of storytelling and a whole lot of deep systems and things to explore outside, and then a pretty smash-em RPG when you’re running around stomping things.”
Pour one out for our loved ones, taken from us too soon.

More information.

OK, let me be the first to say it: Fuck you, Disney! :)

Just so people know, this isn't the first Star Wars mobile game out there.

It also mean not EA involved...but it doesn't mean no ex-EA involved (Daniel Erickson is a former Bioware write and was the lead writer on SWTOR).

Joxer in 3...2...1...

I don't even.. screw this I am going back to sleep!

They had my attention with the words "Star Wars RPG" and then lost it completely with the word "mobile".

I guess they don't want my money. That's fine; I won't give it to them.

And here we go, Joxer immediately wins the title of the biggest fan of this game. :D

Star Wars: Unishit… uhm, Uprising.

And tip of iceberg is this quote:
"a pretty smash-em RPG when you’re running around stomping things." :whip: :thumbsdown:

So they stop various promising projects and replace it with.. this? Really?

Ok, I need to ask. Is the crying and gnashing of teeth because there isn't a Star Wars RPG on PC or because there is one coming out on mobile, or because there is one coming out on mobile *and* it will surely be shot through with IAP?

I can understand the disappointment and predominance of the former and the long-suffering frustration of the latter. But the middle sentiment? Is that actually a thing??

I'll caution ahead of time that I have a hot retort primed and loaded in my rhetorical cannon, ready for responses to that middle question. Be sure to make a good case for it.

I'd take a look at it. Since I ended up on an iPhone 6 I've been trying out games. Figured with the breadth of the Apple App store, there'd be some nice RPGs. So far, the only thing that has been playable on a phone instead of an iPad has been the Dragon Quest series. Obviously those are ancient ports (though still fun). I was temped to give KOTOR a shot (still haven't finished in on the PC), but I have my doubts on controlling it on a phone.

I'd take a look at it. Since I ended up on an iPhone 6 I've been trying out games. Figured with the breadth of the Apple App store, there'd be some nice RPGs. So far, the only thing that has been playable on a phone instead of an iPad has been the Dragon Quest series. Obviously those are ancient ports (though still fun). I was temped to give KOTOR a shot (still haven't finished in on the PC), but I have my doubts on controlling it on a phone.

Smoother than you'd think. Inventory is a bit fiddly though. Let me download it again and get back to you. I still prefer it on iPad, but I recall the experience to be not too shabby.

Yyyyeah, that's going to be hideous. Now could you please announce the one for PC made by Paradox that's modeled after Zahn's books and will be releasing a year after the movie is in theaters?

Back
Top Bottom