Enderal: The Shards of Order

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
Overview:

Enderal is a Total-Conversion for TES V: Skyrim. Set on the remote continent Enderal it offers a hand-craft, immersive open-world with jungles, deserts, forests and mountains, all for the player to explore, overhauled skillsystems and gameplay-mechanics and a dark, psychological and fully-voiced storyline with believable characters.
Enderal is being developed on an entirely non-commercial basis and can be played for free by anyone owning a legal copy of TES V: Skyrim. It runs independently from the original game.

Features:

• A believable, open world with it's own lore and different biomes (deserts, heathlands, forests, jungles)
  • A psychological, unusual story that takes place beyond usual patterns
  • Multi-faceted, believable characters with own ambitions
  • An overhauled gameplay with experience points, survival mechanics and hard, challenging combat
  • An overhauled skill-system with classes and new, special abilities
  • A housing system that allows the player to design their own homes
  • A German and English, professional localization

More information.

Just started playing the updated version. My early impression is it's the same game from 2016. Yes it has two new class trees and more quests but its the same.

I'm playing it and really liking it so far. This is the kind of mod I like, it downloaded with no issues and, to date, has worked flawlessly. I can see myself romping around in this world for probably the rest of this month, easily.

Great game. I like the smaller focus of the main quest and just like a Bethesda game, there is stuff to do all over the large map.

250 plus hours in thus far (forgotten stories) and only about 1/3 of the way through the story. I accidently broke the game by miraculously reaching the final destination in the main quest. I knew things were off and did some research and got some commentary from steam folks and took the game back to a prior save.

from the cursory information I secured, it looks well worth my time to complete the main quest.

Sounds like I may have gotten lucky to have completed this game last month. It was a lot of fun, I know I missed many side quests the first go, but when the inevitable replay happens, I'll try to knock them all out.

How is the XP awarding? Does Enderal award the traditional XP for each enemy killed/quests done (which I do prefer), much like Nehrim did?

How is the XP awarding? Does Enderal award the traditional XP for each enemy killed/quests done (which I do prefer), much like Nehrim did?

Yes! Plus meaningful exploration, nice quests. If it had trainers instead of skill books, it would be even more Gothic- like.

I ended up with a char in heavy amor who focussed on swords, bows and healing arts (Level 50).
I have finished most quests, but still have some secrets open.

I had not enough money to use all crafting, learning points, but my char was tough enough in the end. During the first half I felt under-powered in one-one combat, so I used the bow more.

I'm level 44 with archer/sneak specialty. When I am in caves, dungeons and castles, it is all about the sneak. The game has some really good game perks that help this type of play along.

However when I am out and about in the field, it is me and my mule. I love that mule. I will not trade it in for a horse because the ol'Betsy, I mean whirlpool or something something is just so damn reliable and can scale a mountain just like a billy goat... eeeh haaaaaaaaa.

And my gawd, swinging my sword, on my mule, against just about any nefarious enderal critter just over powers me something fierce. Of course there is some talent involved in swinging my sword of Justus, so it kinda balances...kinda. Die enderal scum Die.

One time I saw a beehive and went to get the goodies and by gawd there was a bear sitting right under the tree. I was a whackin the bear and he was kinda, battling me but then he figured out who he was up against and tried to high tail it outta there. I was yelling "Hey Smokey, I got some matches I want to show ya, aww come on Smokry, don't be like that"...… Smokey, or what remains of Smokey is secure in my secure chest.

Ok, so if I wanto to give Enderal a try, all I have to do is download the game thru Steam? Does the mod install on its own folder without messing up with Skyrim folder?

I played Enderal the first week it was available and had no issues installing it. I did have a few crashes during play, but that's simply the price of playing a game the first week of release, in my opinion. The price (free!) was just too good to ignore, and I'd friends raving about this for years, so thought I'd give it a try myself, and it did not disappoint.

Just started playing the updated version. My early impression is it's the same game from 2016. Yes it has two new class trees and more quests but its the same.

I played Enderal the first week it was available and had no issues installing it. I did have a few crashes during play, but that's simply the price of playing a game the first week of release, in my opinion. The price (free!) was just too good to ignore, and I'd friends raving about this for years, so thought I'd give it a try myself, and it did not disappoint.

It was just a thing you are trying to escape with those version but fortuneteller they were not updated

Back
Top Bottom