Divinity 2 - Wednesday Updates - New Creatures and a Wallpaper

What's the thing with Divinity and dragons?Is there any clue in the prequels?

Not really. There is however a story made to cover the time beteen Beyond Divinity and Divinity 2. In it a Dragon Knight kills the Divine One. The Dragon Knights were created by the dragons and they and the dragons are in turn hunted by the Dragon Slayers.

I've got some reading to do,thanks

I can't play Beyond Divinity for more than 5 minutes. Loved the first one though.

BD was also fairly dark for my taste.

I'm busy wading through last stages of Beyond Divinity - which I bought years ago and then gave up on... I can't say I've enjoyed it, but I was determined to finish.
Was the original Divine Divinity (or whatever it was called) better, if so what distinguishes it from BD? Is it still avilable for purchase anywhere?

Very nice artwork linked above.

@booboo: DivDiv is a long, complex and nuanced action RPG that exceeds most standards for a hack n slash Diablo clone, well worth a play and though I never got very far with BD, most people who've played both consider it the better game. You can still buy it here in the US at Target for about $10, but not sure about your area.

@booboo, It has a single, large, open game world (BD is broken down into sections and chapters), an excellent skill system (BD's didn't work as well) and some nice questing and dialogue. The underlying technology is essentially the same but it's amazing how different the game is when you can freely wander the pretty world of Rivellon without that silly Knight tied to you.

Back
Top Bottom