General News - Top upcoming 10 RPGs of 2021 @ Fextralife

Alaloth Champions of the Four Kingdoms, what is this about? never heard of... anyone knows ?

Isometric action rpg (with emphasis on skill-based action, no tactical pause in combat and you're usually fighting tough single or small bands of enemies rather than hordes). Developers say it's inspired by Pillars of Eternity and Baldur's Gate, but I get fairly strong Diablo vibes when I looked at the gameplay.

My most anticipated is Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous :)

I'm curious how Mass Effect remaster will work out - I'm kinda hoping they go FF7R route and add some new contents (or at least include all DLCs as part of remaster).

@Redglyph; Now you got me interested in Hogwarts Legacy - I really enjoyed reading Harry Potter, so will keep an eye on this now :D

Hoping Dark Alliance will be fun a co-op to play with hubby.

I'm a bit hesitant on both Vampire 2 and Alaloth at this point.

Baldur's Gate 3 and Pathfinder WoR are the only games on that list that really interest me. Elden Ring looks like it has potential.

I'm still more interested in Elex 2 than any of those titles though.

I'm most interested in Bloodlines 2, but I have some interest in Dark Alliance for my semi-regular co-op session.

Alaloth looked interesting, but then I hear "first ever isometric souls-like" and I cringe.

BG3 if it comes out in 2021. Also WotR Pathfinder. ELEX 2 if it were to come out in 2021.

I could be wrong, but I thought Larian said the EA for BG3 was expected to be approximately a year. I'll be pretty disappointed if it doesn't make it out in 2021.

Oh, we have a list with very good games! I'd still prefer BG3, Alaloth, and Pathfinder but again all games seem to be great.

I could be wrong, but I thought Larian said the EA for BG3 was expected to be approximately a year. I'll be pretty disappointed if it doesn't make it out in 2021.

BG3 entered Early Access last October. Given Larian stated they expect EA to last for at least one year, that would leave only 2 months as a "margin of error" if they really plan to release the game later this year. That said, I would not be surprised if the final release was launched only in 2022.

Of course all of this will depend, among other factors, on the pandemic and an effective vaccine.

I've added a couple of links to tidbits of info on Hogwarts Legacy, here. The developers are owned by Warner Bross, there's that. But they have a long history of making games, since 1995. Mostly on consoles... so I'm crossing fingers and hoping it won't be a bad console port.

Incidentally, it seems they made their debuts with the infamous Sega's Mortal Kombat ;)

Back
Top Bottom