C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
I haven't tried the patch yet (its downloaded) but my friends on discord, who said the game was running fine on their PC with minor glitches … now have lag, seams in the streets, slow loading armor textures, and some other bugs. For them, anyhow, the patch made things worse. May need a few hot fixes.

Good grief.

Not surprised it's the way patches work nowadays. Especially open world RPGs.

Johnny Silverhand before Keanu Reeves took the role - Altchar

gm-23a62796-77fd-4325-864a-31c68637c0c0-johnny-silverhand-first-sketches.jpg

Early during the development of Cyberpunk 2077, way before Keanu Reeves was approached to become the popular rocker boy, CD Projekt Red artists come up with an idea of different Johnny Silverhand. Interestingly, we never got to see these sketches since CD Projekt Red decided to offer Keanu the role of Silverhand before they even revealed that he plays a big part in the story.

Most of them look pretty scummy ... damn glad I didn't have one of them in my head!

From the sounds of it they are taking a very aggressive optimization approach in the patch to make it more playable (even though it was very playable in 1.06 at least on PC).

More aggressive culling with things popping in and out on screen more often, more graphic glitches, etc.

Definitely a patch you want to avoid if at all possible. Stay on 1.06 till they fix things ... which I hope they do. I hope their answer isn't to dumb the game down to old console levels.

Most of them look pretty scummy, damn glad I didn't have one of them in my head!
Fun fact those drawings and concept art are loyal to the lore books.

So Keanu Reeves is not the original look but yeah he fit the role better.

From the sounds of it they are taking a very aggressive optimization approach in the patch to make it more playable (even though it was very playable in 1.06 at least on PC).

More aggressive culling with things popping in and out on screen more often, more graphic glitches, etc.

Definitely a patch you want to avoid if at all possible. Stay on 1.06 till they fix things … which I hope they do. I hope their answer isn't to dumb the game down to old console levels.

If that's the case, I didn't notice anything different on Ultra settings at least. I played for a bit this morning after it updated and everything seemed the same.

From their announcement i gathered they just have layed the groundwork. Meaning they refactored some code and the real optimizations will be coming in the next patch.

Fun fact those drawings and concept art are loyal to the lore books.
No they're not.
Johnny Silverhand had a much cleaner look, cleaner even than Keanu Reeves.
My books have pictures like this:

Attachments

• Johnny-Silverhand-740x416.jpeg
    Johnny-Silverhand-740x416.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 49
Just change the hair in the concept art above and yes it looks like the source. Anyway it's mostly 2d drawn art with not one single 3d rendered image in the source-books.

Probably from the 80-90's source books.

I will never agree with you. Anyway images wont stay posted.:p

As one of the 2d images from the 90's source-book look similar.

It looks like you're trying to link this one (basically the right-hand one in the image I posted).

They look nothing alike. I own every source book, in some cases digital and physical. I can't remember Silverhand ever looking anything but an 80s/90s pretty-boy.

Certainly not that strung out scuzzoid (yes, even the r-hand one, good grief)

Attachments

• JS_Generations.png
    JS_Generations.png
    291.7 KB · Views: 40
Told ya I will never agree with you.:biggrin:

(Psst…you're right.):p

Still some 3d images instead of that 2D 80's crap in the books would be nice.

Yeah read about that yesterday you can't mod major characters because of contracts now. When did modding come with rules as nude mods have always been popular.
"Therefore, when making fan content, creators have to make sure they’ve got permission from all the concerned parties (which might be people other than CD PROJEKT RED). For the characters we’ve invented for the game, we broadly permit you to tweak the game at will and just have fun. When it comes to models of real people whom we’ve asked to participate in the game, we kindly ask you to refrain from using them in any situation that might be found offensive if you don’t have their explicit permission."

Back
Top Bottom