The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I often struggle with getting UMD, because its points are not easy to get, and items with more than just 1 point are even more rare.

If you have any idea on how I could boost UMD : I'd be glad for any possibilities, because I don't see many.

To do make a valid point, though : I do have indeed most fun with my paladin character (who is not in the guild yet, I think). Currently, she #s parted at the final mission of Ravenloft. And i have given her a lot of items to help her against negativity !

My guess is, by the way, that negativity is one of the most difficult to circumvent damage points within the game. I mean, Beholders and such. Although Beholders work on a different scale as well, with their "multi-damage" things ...

In my subjective perceiving, negativity is so dangerous, because it not only cripples the character, but it can also be the cause of the character's instant death.

Therefore I'm kind of collecting items against negativity. I mostly give them my paladin - because of Ravenloft - and my AAsimar Scourge, because of MOTU and Wheel-on.

Please correct me if my view is wrong.

The only other biggest threat I see is elemental damage and- of course - traps.
Therefore I put a lot of emphasis into reflex as well.

On a different note, yesterday I was showing for the very first time, my inconic Aumaunator cleric, named Amauna. She is meant to be "just for fun. It's a very different play style, though, since she is more of a caster - or at least I play her so. Therefore, I'm on the way putting points into "wisdom for damage" of the Falconry tree, so that she doesn't need to give too many points into strength (although I know that i really need some, so she gets points in strength too). But this way, I hope, I can use wisdom for BOTH casting AND melee fighting.
As an Iconic, I raised her into the iconic level of 15. I plan to go through as many quests as possible with her which are below that level.
Once I've learned how to master this play style, I might use her as a caster-healer (my only other Cleric is the ancient Harakadaram, who was often used in guild runs in 2012. He is currently parked at level 16, I think. I have hardly ever played him in the rfecent times, since he is mainly focused on support & on going against undead ones).

UMD is boosted by Charisma, so keeping a CHA item around helps out UMD. There's also the necklace from Delera's Tomb, the Golden Cartouche. The old version was +3 UMB; I think the new one is +1 Quality bonus (stacking). Finally, at level 11, you can have a crafted Greensteel CHA skills item, which adds +6. Mats, including the shards, drop in Devil Assault. The item blanks show up on the Auction House often enough, as do the mats to craft them, but you have to run the quests in the Vale of Twilight to get the mats and pie pieces to build a blank green steel item normally. Most of us are loaded up on that stuff though, so we can help out.

Good luck items, like the Voice of the Master, also add +1 up to +4 to all skills, including UMD, and Heroism/Greater Heroism spells boost all skills by +2/+4. Heroism comes easily in bottled form, Greater Heroism only has a couple of items which cast the spell, the lowest level one being the Planar Gird from Xorian Cipher.

For negativity, I think you mean stat draining and level draining effects? Deathward will block all of that, though Beholders are a pain since they dispel buffs. That's available on a bunch of clicky items, including the Visors of the Fleshrender from Tangleroot. I keep three on each main character. Which also explains why I don't like running Tangleroot.

For negativity, I think you mean stat draining and level draining effects? Deathward will block all of that, though Beholders are a pain since they dispel buffs. That's available on a bunch of clicky items, including the Visors of the Fleshrender from Tangleroot. I keep three on each main character. Which also explains why I don't like running Tangleroot.

Yes, that. I have that item even, but only 1. But so far I haven't seen the need to use it. So I'm fine with it.

Now I've come across the quest "Invaders !" which is something I'll avoid for now, after reading the Wiki. For that, I assume, I'd need that.

Do "command" items also boost UMD ?

There's also the necklace from Delera's Tomb, the Golden Cartouche. The old version was +3 UMB; I think the new one is +1 Quality bonus (stacking).

It is Quality. Just checked.

*EDIT* Before I forget, I'm putting a +1 INT Tome into the officer chest 2. Should be good for Alrik's wizard.

My wizard, Bany, is still called a Member.

Last edited:
Alrik, all of your toons should be officers. If any aren't we can quickly fix that next Friday before we start play. Usually CM lets me know of any which need promoting, but we must have missed Bany; it's purely an oversight!!

Promoted Bany :)

Last edited:
Getting evasion on a toon can be useful in some circumstances, but it doesn't mean you can move past traps without getting hit.

Regular evasion only gives you no damage instead of half damage if you pass a reflex save. If you fail the save you take full damage.

Reflex saves get boosted by dexterity and resistance items. There are other sources too like good luck and parrying items.

So if you're playing a class with a low reflex save you won't benefit much from evasion. You also need to be in no or light armor to benefit from evasion.

Improved evasion is what you need, but that requires quite a bit of effort to get. Then you get half damage if you fail the save. So it's not something you can hope for if you're not splashing 9 or so levels into a class granting improved evasion.

One benefit from being a paladin is that you get a huge boost to saves if you invest in charisma. So that means you will most likely make the saves.

So if you move through traps you can get to the other side without getting instakilled. That is one reason why you see paladins in this guild finding traps by moving through them. It's when you have multiple traps being triggered you will see evasion only toons being the only ones surviving (if they have a decent reflex save).

Personally I have better experience with playing pure classes than splashing out levels. If you do the latter then it's mostly to get access to enhancements in the splash class trees. If you play e. g. rogue doing an inquisitor then it could be a viable option. E. g. you get 2-4 artificer levels to get access to rune arms and some spells. You also get some ranged feats for free. However, you need to know the build well and make sure you get good synergies from the different trees.

E. g. I would never splash levels if I'm playing a caster. Getting access to more powerful spells earlier is very important.

Some classes like paladin have very good capstones and definitely worth getting. However, if you always TR when you hit 20 then getting the capstone won't matter much.

I often see people splashing some levels of fighter to get more feats for their builds. Splashing 2 levels or monk or rogue to get evasion used to be popular, but I don't see it much anymore.

Do "command" items also boost UMD ?

Yep, Command items also boost UMD. It's the same bonus as regular UMD items, so not stacking.

Reflex saves get boosted by dexterity and resistance items. There are other sources too like good luck and parrying items.

The feat Insightful Reflexes allows you to use your Intelligence score for reflex saves instead of Dexterity. IMO it's a must-have for Artificers, Wizards, and Alchemists, since even without evasion that's a lot of damage cut down on by more frequent saves. Those classes can easily fit it in, since they have so many bonus feats. A Wizard, Artificer, or Alchemist with IR and a couple levels of Rogue will be pretty good at evading traps and spells.

Force of Personality lets you use Charisma for Will saves as well. Useful for Warlocks, Sorcerers, Paladins (double dipping for a Paladin!) and CHA-based Favored Souls, though difficult to fit in since they're more feat constrained.

Getting evasion on a toon can be useful in some circumstances, but it doesn't mean you can move past traps without getting hit.

Regular evasion only gives you no damage instead of half damage if you pass a reflex save. If you fail the save you take full damage.

So if you're playing a class with a low reflex save you won't benefit much from evasion. You also need to be in no or light armor to benefit from evasion.

Improved evasion is what you need, but that requires quite a bit of effort to get. Then you get half damage if you fail the save. So it's not something you can hope for if you're not splashing 9 or so levels into a class granting improved evasion.

I think I have that only on Rogues, yet, I think.
Need to check.

Yep, Command items also boost UMD. It's the same bonus as regular UMD items, so not stacking.

The feat Insightful Reflexes allows you to use your Intelligence score for reflex saves instead of Dexterity. IMO it's a must-have for Artificers, Wizards, and Alchemists, since even without evasion that's a lot of damage cut down on by more frequent saves. Those classes can easily fit it in, since they have so many bonus feats. A Wizard, Artificer, or Alchemist with IR and a couple levels of Rogue will be pretty good at evading traps and spells.

Force of Personality lets you use Charisma for Will saves as well. Useful for Warlocks, Sorcerers, Paladins (double dipping for a Paladin!) and CHA-based Favored Souls, though difficult to fit in since they're more feat constrained.

Thanks.

I'm already using that for some toons.

U48.4 Release Notes:

Code:
The Anniversary Event has arrived!

Expect lots of fun in-jokes and references to quests throughout DDO's history in our returning Anniversary Event! Find it in House Phiarlan. Running the anniversary challenge gets you Party Favors that can be turned in for great rewards with Tolero outside of the party event! This year the reward list includes a new Red Crystal Crown, a new Dretch Creature Companion, and the 13 Eberron House Cloaks given away in a prior anniversary! 

The Anniversary Event is available when the update goes live through March 23rd, 2021. 

Free Gifts!

Open the DDO Store and click on Redeem Code, then type in the Coupon Code (arrives tomorrow) to get your gifts! The Coupon Code is available to redeem once per account through December 31st, 2021. 

The Coupon Code will get you TWO FREE GIFTS:

A 15th Anniversary Token that can be used to select a named raid item from certain raids for your character! The 15th Anniversary Token is Bound to Account, while all of the items received are Bound to Character. Make sure to redeem the coupon on the game world where you wish to receive the item! The raid item turn in token is named "Dungeons & Dragons Online 15th Anniversary Token" and to use it you go talk to the Anniversary Djinn at the entrance to the Anniversary Dungeon in House Phiarlan. He'll offer you any of the raid items using your token as an ingredient in a barter box.
    A 15th Anniversary cosmetic cloak! The cloak is Bound to Account, and will be delivered to every future character created on that account. 

New Raid!

A new raid is now available called "The Dryad and the Demigod"! This is a Legendary level raid that is included in Fables of the Feywild, and is accessible to anyone who owns the Feywild expansion. Find "The Dryad and the Demigod" by speaking to Hermia the owl in Wynwood Hall. Sound plays an important role in the experience of the new raid, and the Ambient Sound channel in particular can be used to adjust the volume of the performance. 

News and Notes

Character

Wildhunt Shift no longer erroneously grants +4 Constitution.
    Razorclaw Shifter's tree is now properly titled "Razorclaw Shifter".
    Paladin Knight of the Chalice's Blessed Purpose stacks are now properly titled "Blessed Purpose".
    Paladin KOTC's Champion of Good no longer gives an unlisted change (from +3 to +5) to the amount of Melee and Ranged Power each stack of Blessed Purpose gives; it instead only increases the max stack size to 25, as listed.
    Renegade Mastermaker: removed Conjure Component from the game.
    Warlock Aura colors now change depending on your Pact Choice.
    Fixed several warlock visual effects being the wrong color.

DDO Store

A new item has been added to the Store during the Anniversary Event called Party Punch, which provides a 5% chance to earn Party Favors every time an enemy is defeated for the next hour.

Enhancements

General Summary: The enhancement tree changes in this patch center around two goals, to boost spellcasting ability for Artificer and Bard and to help equalize the disparity between Vanguard's Tier 5 selections and Kensei/Knight of the Chalice. Artificer in particular suffered from a lack of immunity bypass, and we think tying it directly to your runearm shots bridges an important thematic and mechanical gap. Enhanced Spellpower caused several significant long-term gearing problems for both the casters who had elements represented and the casters who did not. Either you had access to your element, which forced you to always wear the appropriate belt, or you did not, and you were left behind by a large margin of power. This change removes a significant amount of disparity between elemental types of offensive and defensive casting, and is necessary to enable us to do the comprehensive offensive spell pass being done in this patch. The changes to Shifter are primarily bugfixes, but we also wanted to give an avenue for advancing out of the Fatigue that occurs after Shifting for Shifters that don't get Tireless Rage from Barbarian. In addition, we wanted to bump the durability of Beasthide Shifters slightly. We're keeping an eye on the overall placement of Shifters and may continue to buff Shifters in the future if needed.
    Arcanotechnician
        New Tier 5 enhancement: Charged Recoil: Runearm shots now strip Electric Immunity for 10 seconds.
        Lightning Motes and Shocking Vulnerability now cost one Action Point per rank.
    Shifter & Razorclaw Shifter
        The Beasthide, Wildhunt, and Razorclaw Shift feats now clearly state that their effects block things that cannot be used while Raging.
        Empowered by Nature (both Wildhunt and Beasthide versions) and Destructive Shifting now also grant "You are now immune to Fatigue, including Fatigue from Shifting" in addition to their existing effects.
        Threatening Shift now also grants +10 Physical Resistance Rating in addition to its existing effects.
        True Hunter now properly lists its Freedom of Movement effect, and no longer lists its nonexistent Immunity to Petrification.
    Spellsinger
        Advanced Magical and Advanced Musical Studies are now merged and condensed together into one single-rank Enhancement named Advanced Musical Studies that costs 2 Action Points. It grants +200 Spell Points, +3 Bard Songs, and adds the spell Hold Monster, Mass, to your spell book at level 5.
        Horn of Thunder's SLA is no longer a multiselector and is now one Action Point per rank.
    Thief Acrobat
        Shadow Dodge and Quick Strikes now cost one Action Point per rank.
    Vanguard
        Shield to the Face has been merged into Armored Strength.
        Disorienting Smash now applies 1d4 stacks of Vulnerability instead of one stack.
        New Tier 5 enhancement: Shield Specialization V: +3 to hit, damage, and Armor Class when using a shield (requires Shield Specialization IV).
        New Tier 5 enhancement: Brutal Impact: You gain +1 to your Critical Damage Multiplier on a roll of 19 or 20.

Epic Destinies

Divine Crusader and Unyielding Sentinel
        Confront Any Foe now uses different animations.
        Confront Any Foe, Draw Them Out, and Celestial Mandate no longer apply bonuses that specifically apply to Smite Evil. These spells have also had their attack hit boxes adjusted to match other special melee attacks, as opposed to using the hit box for Smite Evil. 
        Draw Them Out and Celestial Mandate now correctly apply their listed extra hate to enemies in range of the melee attack and who are not being blocked by other objects. 

Feats

General Notes: 
    We wanted to boost the DPS and versatility of Single Weapon Fighting to expand to better cater to hybrid builds. We also wanted to tone down the DPS of Two Handed Fighting while leaving its area of effect capabilities top-tier. We looked at the DPS of Two Weapon Fighting and found that while it is in a balanced place offensively, its companion feats needed help to become more compelling defensive options. We ran through several iterations of Two Weapon Blocking before we decided to simply remove it entirely, merging it with Two Weapon Defense, and we also wanted to further incentivize it by adding a Magical Resistance Rating cap boost. Natural Fighting needed adjusting to match Two Handed Fighting, but it also needed incentives at its top so both Bears and Wolves would be happy switching their feats to the new Perfect combat style feat. Finally, we wanted to add more compelling combat options for Shield Fighting. 
    Natural Fighting

The Natural Fighting feat now increases your ability score modifier to damage by 25% while in Bear or Dire Bear form.

New Feat: Perfect Natural Fighting
        Requires: Level 26, maximum experience in one Primal sphere Epic Destiny, at least one copy of Natural Fighting.
            If in Bear form, your Two-Handed ability mod increases by .25, and your Bear form's bonus to Armor Class is increased by 5%.
            If in Wolf form, +15% competence bonus to maximum hit points, and you gain +2d6 sneak attack dice.

Shield Mastery

New Feat: Greater Shield Mastery
            Requires: Base Attack Bonus 13, Improved Shield Mastery
            You are exceptionally skilled with the use of a shield, and your physical resistance is increased by 10 when using a buckler or small shield, 15 when using a large shield, or 20 when using a tower shield. Your Doublestrike chance while using a shield is increased by 2% to 10%. Your Combat Style bonus to Melee Power is increased by 4 to 10.
            (These bonuses do not stack with previous feats, so this is a net gain of 5 PRR with each type of shield (5 -> 10 for buckler/small shield, 10 -> 15 for large shield, 15 -> 20 for tower), 2% Doublestrike, and 4 Melee Power.).
            Fighters may select this feat as one of their Fighter Bonus Feats.

New Feat: Perfect Shield Mastery
            Requires: Level 26, maximum experience in one Divine sphere Epic Destiny (same as other Perfect Combat Style Feats), and Shield Mastery.
                You are the paragon of shield usage, able to effectively leverage all types of shields in close combat. Your shield gains +1W, and you gain +20% Shield Armor Class and +5 Physical Resistance Rating.
        Shield Mastery feats now contribute to Epic Defensive Fighting (including the new ones).
    Single Weapon Fighting

New Feat: Offhand Versatility - Requires Base Attack Bonus 8 and Single Weapon Fighting
            Your offhand item modifies your main hand:
                Runearms and Orbs now grant: when you vorpal strike, your next spell automatically crits. This has an internal cooldown of 20 seconds and lasts for 20 seconds.
                Nothing in your offhand increases your ability score modifier to damage by 25%.
                Fighters may select this feat as one of their Fighter Bonus Feats.
        Perfect Single Weapon Fighting
                Now also increases your ability score modifier to damage by 25%.
                Now also grants an additional +10 combat style bonus to Melee Power.
    Two Handed Fighting
        The Two Handed Fighting, Improved Two Handed Fighting, and Greater Two Handed Fighting feats now increase your ability score modifier to damage by 25%.

Perfect Two Handed Fighting now also increases your ability score modifier to damage by 25%.
    Two Weapon Fighting

Two Weapon Defense
            Now grants everything that Two Weapon Blocking did, as well as its original +1 Armor Class and +5 Physical Resistance Rating.
            Now also grants +10 Magical Resistance Rating Cap.
        Two Weapon Blocking is no longer a feat and can no longer be trained.
    Improved Martial Arts now works with all weapons you are centered with instead of just basic ki weapons.
    The feat Epic Eldritch Blast is now: +2d6 Blast Dice, +1 per 2 Epic levels, max +7d6 dice at level 30.
    The feat Epic Arcane Eldritch Blast is now Epic Pact Dice, and grants +1 Pact dice, +1 per 2 Epic Levels, for a max +6d4 Pact Dice at level 30.

Items

Enhanced Spellpower from all sources is now typed as Equipment spellpower. This change mostly impacts the Spellpower total for characters that use Ravenloft belts and Legendary Greensteel items. 
    The Cookie Jar now holds the Cookies from the Anniversary Event.
    Several Feywild items have had their effects hidden from the buff bar to prevent visual clutter.
    Frozen Keys no longer fit inside of Ingredient Bags. If you have Keys that are currently inside of those bags, they may be removed but will not return to within the bag once you have done so. 
    All Raid Runes (except for Shroud) can now be used by double-clicking them instead of needing to go to the questgiver NPC.

Quests and Adventure Areas

Animated Armors in the Extraplanar Palace challenges are now properly vulnerable to Rust damage.
    Soul Survivor has had some cosmetic changes.
    A minor cosmetic issue has been resolved on the Barovia landscape.

Spells

General Summary: Nukers are fairly strong right now, but we've identified two outliers: Alchemists and Fire Sorcerers. There are several factors involved in why they're ahead of others, but one of the largest factors is their top-end spells. As a result, we've brought those spells down to be closer to Acid Well, Iceberg, and Thunderstroke, and met in the middle on cooldowns, buffing those three spells in the process. On the other side of the spectrum, a lot of offensive spellcasters that don't have access to the Wizard and Sorcerer spell list needed a boost. This patch targets offensive spells across a wide variety of builds and aims to bring up the floor of the spellcaster spectrum considerably. We have also fixed key bugs with Druid to allow its premier CC ability, Earthquake, to correctly scale its Duration in Reaper Mode. We have also made a special effort to target underused spellbooks, such as Artificer, by giving them access to key offensive spells to round out their repertoire. 

Alchemist, Sorcerer, and Wizard Spells
        There are now 5 new Alchemist spells, the Concentrated Vial spells, in levels 2 and 3. They deal 1d6 damage +1 per caster level every 2 seconds for 16 seconds, can stack 3x.
        The following spells have had their cooldowns reduced to 6 seconds for Sorcerers and 9 seconds for WIzards: Acid Well, Iceberg, and Thunderstroke. 
        Meteor Swarm's cooldown has been raised to 6 seconds for Sorcerers, 9 seconds for Wizards.
        Multivial's cooldown has been raised to 9 seconds.
        Multivial's damage dice has been reduced to 1d4+3 (Element) per caster level per projectile.
        Master of Spellvials no longer applies to Multivial.
        Multivial spells now cost 40 SP for both the core spell and the Bombardier SLA versions.
        Fixed Multivial's tooltip to show the correct Max Caster Level (20).
        Meteor Swarm's Max Caster Level has been reduced from 30 to 20 to match Iceberg, Thunderstroke, Acid Well, and Multivial.
    Artificer Spells
        Artificer now has access to the level 1 Sorcerer/Wizard spells Fire Bolt and Shocking Bolt.
        Artificer now has access to Chain Lightning at spell level level 6.
        The spell Static Shock has had its damage dice increased to 1d6 per caster level.
        The spell Lightning Sphere has had its damage dice increased to 1d6 per caster level.
        The spell Elemental Prod has has been reworked: Touch Range. Target enemy takes 1d6 per caster level in two of three elements (Fire, Force, or Electric) chosen randomly each time. Elementals are also Dazed.
        The spell Blast Rod has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+3 per caster level.
        The spell Lightning Motes has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+2 per caster level.
        The spell Prismatic Strike has been reworked: Ray spell. Enemy takes 1d6 per caster level in two of three elements (Fire, Force, or Electric) chosen randomly each time. The enemy is also subject to 2 of 3 CC effects (from the original Prismatic Strike) chosen randomly each time.
        The spell Tactical Detonation has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+3 per caster level for both Fire and Force damage.
    Bard Spells
        The spell Sonic Blast has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+1 per caster level.
        The spell Soundburst has had tis damage dice increased to 1d6+1 per caster level, and now has a Max Caster Level of 15.
        The spell Shout has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+3 per caster level.
        The spell Greater Shout has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+3 per caster level.
        The spell Horn of Thunder has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+3 Sonic and Electric per caster level.
    Cleric/Favored Soul Spells
        The spell Nimbus of Light has had its damage dice increased to 1d6 per caster level, and now has a Max Caster Level of 15.
        The spell Inflict Light Wounds has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+2 per caster level.
        The spell Chill Touch has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+2 per caster level.
        The spell Deific Vengeance has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+4 per caster level.
        The spell Inflict Moderate Wounds has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+4 per caster level.
        The spell Searing Light has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+6 per caster level.
        The spell Inflict Serious Wounds has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+6 per caster level.
        The spell Sun Bolt has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+3 per caster level.
        The spells Chaos Hammer/Holy Smite/Order's Wrath/Unholy Blight have had their damage dice increased to 1d6+8 per caster level.
        The spell Inflict Critical Wounds has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+10 per caster level.
        The spell Flame Strike has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+5 per caster level.
        The spell Slay Living has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+10 per caster level.
        The spell Cometfall has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+3 per caster level.
        The spell Destruction has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+10 per caster level and now has a Max Caster Level of 20.
        The spell Fire Storm has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+8 per caster level.
    Druid Spells
        The spell Produce Flame has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+1 per caster level.
        The spell Splinterbolt has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+4 per caster level.
        The spell Salt Ray has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+6 per caster level.
        The spell Call Lightning has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+6 per caster level.
        The spell Fire Seeds has had its damage dice increased to 1d6 per caster level (per PROJECTILE).
        The spell Word of Balance has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+12 per caster level.
        The spell Sunbeam has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+7 per caster level (no max caster level, so it is lower than other spells of this type/level).
        The spell Sunburst has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+4 damage per caster level.
        The spell Ice Flowers has had its damage dice increased to 1d6+8 Piercing and 1d6+8 Cold damage per caster level.
    Additional Spell-Related Changes/Clarifications
        The spell Horn of Thunder now has new visual and audio effects.
        The Inflict Wounds, Mass spells will now use the new versions of their dice as per above.
        Additionally, the Inflict Wounds spells will only use this new dice against enemies. This will not adjust potential self-healing for Undead players.
        The Druid spells Call Lightning Storm and Storm of Vengeance will now use the new Call Lightning damage dice.
        Admixture spells are now properly restricted with Epic Defensive Fighting.
        All lingering spells (such as Web, Otto's Sphere of Dancing, and Evards Black Tentacles) now correctly calculate their duration in Reaper and obey the 6 second floor. This means that spells such as Earthquake will now function even in Reaper 10, where previously they ended almost as soon as they were cast.
        Meteor Swarm is no longer penalized by Fire Sorcerer Savant.
        The Fire Storm spell now properly casts when you have an enemy targeted, and casts further away when you do not have an enemy targeted. The delay from cast to damage has been reduced from 1.8 seconds to 1 second after cast.

Miscellaneous

Launcher: Patching Speeds have been greatly increased.
    The firey projectiles sometimes thrown by Fire Beetles will now properly display.
    Fixed some bad object filtering on Rally Cry (purple dragon knight/war chanter), Purple Dragon Knight Aura and Favored Soul's Beacon of Hope and Wall of Healing that was causing lag/game performance issues in certain situations.

Of note for JM and Crowin: patching speeds are increased. :p Of note for Alrik in particular but all of us; free raid item.

Last edited:
The code for the anniversary gifts is HAPPY15DDO. Update 48.4 is live, so make sure to patch when you get a chance. It's fairly hefty.

Raid items available are:

Code:
(Heroic) Quiver of Alacrity (Ascension Chamber; Quiver; Minimum Level 1; Upgradeable)

Sword of Shadow (Plane of Night; Great Sword; Minimum Level 10)

The Disciplinator (Plane of Night; Rune Arm; Minimum Level 9)

Seven Fingered Gloves (The Titan Awakes; Gloves; Minimum Level 9)

(Heroic) Litany of the Dead (Ascension Chamber; Trinket; Minimum Level 13; Upgradeable)

Unwavering Ardency (Ascension Chamber; Long Bow; Minimum Level 14; Upgradeable)

Divine Vengeance (A Vision of Destruction; Long Sword; Minimum Level 18)

Marilith Chain (Zawabi's Revenge; Light Armor; Minimum Level 12)

Storm (Zawabi's Revenge; Heavy Crossbow; Minimum Level 12)

Staff of the Petitioner (Ascension Chamber; Quarterstaff; Minimum Level 14; Upgradeable)

Epic Quiver of Alacrity (The Mark of Death; Quiver; Minimum Level 20)

Circle of Malevolence (The Mark of Death; Ring; Minimum Level 26)

Epic Deific Diadam (The Mark of Death; Helm; Minimum Level 26)

Epic Noxious Embers (The Mark of Death; Necklace; Minimum Level 26)

Knives Eternal (The Mark of Death; Rune Arm; Minimum Level 28)

Epic Litany of the Dead (The Mark of Death; Trinket; Minimum Level 26)

Sanctified Gages (The Mark of Death; Gloves; Minimum Level 28)

Shroud of Ardent (The Mark of Death; Necklace; Minimum Level 26)

Epic Purging the Pantheon (The Mark of Death; Belt; Minimum Level 26)

Fellblade (Defiler of the Just; Longsword; Minimum Level 26)

Ultimatum (Defiler of the Just; Tower Shield; Minimum Level 26)

Countenance (Defiler of the Just; Cloak; Minimum Level 26)

Dissolution (Defiler of the Just; Bracers; Minimum Level 26)

Strange Tidings (Defiler of the Just; Ring; Minimum Level 26)

Boots of Blessed Travels (Defiler of the Just; Boots; Minimum Level 26)

Many-Hooked Greaves (Defiler of the Just; Boots; Minimum Level 26)

Resonation (Defiler of the Just; Necklace; Minimum Level 26)

Gauntlets of the Arcane Soldier (Defiler of the Just; Minimum Level 26)

Belt of Braided Beards (Defiler of the Just; Belt; Minimum Level 26)

Sightless (Defiler of the Just; Helm; Minimum Level 26)

Visions of Precision (Defiler of the Just; Goggles; Minimum Level 26)

Memoriam (Defiler of the Just; Trinket; Minimum Level 26)

Battlerager's Harness (Temple of the Deathwyrm; Belt; Minimum Level 26)

Dumathoin's Bracers (Temple of the Deathwyrm; Bracers; Minimum Level 26)

Dark Diversion (Temple of the Deathwyrm; Necklace; Minimum Level 26)

Ward Token (Fire on Thunder Peak; Ring; Minimum Level 26)

Dethek Runestone (Fire on Thunder Peak; Large Shield; Minimum Level 26)

Dragon Masque (Fire on Thunder Peak; Helm; Minimum Level 26)

100,000 XP

10 Commendations of Heroism

For those who need help with UMD, Seven Fingered Gloves have +5 UMD.

So it's 11/12 alts. If we have the ability scores, we can run VON5/6. If not, we roll right into Borovia1.

Anniversary Sales :

DO Store Sales: 15th Anniversary and Weekly through March 4th
Happy 15th DDO! Get 15% off:
ALL Races, Classes, and Iconics in the DDO Store
ALL Ability, AP, XP, Skill, and Fate Tomes in the DDO Store
Now through March 4th!

Available for a limited time: Wish of Inheritance
Move a Bound to Character item to another character on your account and server.
Available through March 7th!

Double Bonus Points is back!
Get twice the Bonus Points in the DDO Store through March 7th!

Adventure and Advance!
Get 20% off:
Select Adventure Packs
Quest XP Elixirs
Now through March 4th!

Weekly Coupon
Party Punch x1
Coupon Code PUNCHY
Now through March 4th!

I'm currently so much torn between the choices … I'd rather want to give the token-item to Ahiania, with whom I play to go further into the Epics.

Alrih is also level 20 now, but I'm not quite sure yet whether I'd want to play this character into the Epics or not.

My current thought is, to get the character who gets the token-item an item which can also be used after reincarnation (one day), so I tend to take an item most classes can use … That is what I'm currently thinking.

The quiver is hard to farm, I understand that. Most people in the forums seem to take that already.

DDO Bonus Days +15% Heroic and Epic XP along with +15% VIP XP through March 3rd!

Friday Hangout on Twitch!
This Friday from about 4-8pm Eastern (-5 GMT) I'll be hanging out on our Twitch channel, doing some giveaways, and might even do a few in-world surprise drops, although we need to be careful not to impact the game world too much. Surely I wouldn't do that. Watch me not do that along with visits from other folks on Twitch.tv/DDOstream!

Developer Diary :

There's definitely some good items.

The Sword of Shadows is probably still one of the best two-handers for general use from 10-20. I have one from the last raid item giveaway on Mirys. I took the quiver and upgraded it for the L1 30% striding effect.

I forgot that tonight was the night for a class I'm signed up for, so I'm out for the night. It'll be well after I'm deceased to the world by the time I get home.

Took the alts thru Borovia1 and Borovia2. Most of us got well into lvl13, although Peter bailed after the first two quests of B2. I think he said something about being at the wall so it might not matter much. We topped the night off with a quick march thru the anniversary dungeon trying to get Corwin enough party favors to buy the ice caster stick. He's got to check his stable for which toon is sitting on last year's party favors, but he's got some time.

Regasrding the Anniversary Party quest, I suggest going alone into it and talk to the various NPCs ! Especially that role-playing group is funny ! Plus the papers located on the table behind Godblade etc. .

I had problems, though, understanding that "fiddle fight", well, at least until I took a fiddle ... But that cannon ... ?

I actually found that 2 of my toons had Party Favours, so I now have over 30. After next week, it should be even more if I remember to use the party punch!! :)

People told me in the forums that it is a VERY BAD IDEA to use that Party Punch in quests with Hirelings !
Apparingly once doesn't get ANY favor from enemies killed by Hirelings !
And no-one had warned me of that before. That's why I ended up a Kobold Assault with having ONE Party Favour ! (3 Hirelings and a summoned Celestial Dog)

Furthermore, people told me that Butcher's Path has a far better ratio in a shorter time.

Back
Top Bottom