The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Don't forget daylight savings started. Game on!

Now that was fun ! Except the Options of Taemspaek … The I think biggest frustration, however, was, how muffled the sound of the headset was … my normal headphones are so much beterbetter (and of much better quality as well).

I couldn't quite hear my own voice - but that's probably better this way, because i hate hearing my own voice. I just don't like it. It sounds so much different from the voice i hear when I'm speaking (or singing) all by myself.

What astonished me was 2 points :

- the great number of Remants
- the low number of named Loot

But that's probably just the way it is. Which is why I always feel lucky when I actually have some named loot in chests.

Anyway, once again I want to thank you for what you have forwarded to me. :)

And any time I see a "portable hole" in the loot list, I must think of the "half hole" from the movie "Yellow Submarine" by the Beatles …

Now I hope that today I will finally get my Kobold Sentient Gem from the Anniversary Party …

By the way, the Pet Rock ( even mine ! I took the screenshot in the Feywild castle ! ) is in the Wiki : https://ddowiki.com/page/Pet_Rock

Yesterday, I did something very weird :

I soloed Chronoscope on normal difficulty with my level 23 Aasimar Scourge.

Started first as an extreme experiment with not much hope, it finally fared far better than I had expected !
I used a summoned Elder Dryad as Healer.

Now my Abishar set has a plus of 1 item. I think I'll solo it for the 5th item of the set, and for the staff.

I didn't expect me to be able to solo it, actually.

The Battered Marketplace Shield is BTC, however, it would be a great item for the lowest levels where every single health points counts (under 100 points).

I was greatly surprised, however, that the Regeneration shard of Cannith Crafting only comes at level 400 or so … and it regenerates exactly 1 health point per minute,. Which is kind of useless with a character of 200+ health points …

Today I was wondering again what players are thinking in the DDO forums ? Some do so as if they were speaking for *all* players - to which I clearly do not belong - when they mean that end game items seemingly get nerfed. I do not play end game.
I play my level 20+ characters only very rarely, so it's not like "I'm playing end game" for me.

The people in the DDO forums are highly predictable. They will always break out the math to "prove" that all new items suck and all changes are nerfs that will "RUIN THE GAME FOREVER!" They will also always act like they solo Legendary Reaper 10 while their characters are completely nude. Also, the game is dying, and has been since I started played back in 2010.

The people in the DDO forums are highly predictable. They will always break out the math to "prove" that all new items suck and all changes are nerfs that will "RUIN THE GAME FOREVER!" They will also always act like they solo Legendary Reaper 10 while their characters are completely nude. Also, the game is dying, and has been since I started played back in 2010.
That about sums it up.

@Alrik- a full Abashai set is actually pretty good for level 5. The individual items are still decent (not great, but decent) even though they're very old and they fit together very nicely to be useful for most classes. The set is bound to account so you can move it to whichever toon is appropriate. Using high level toons to farm lower level quests for gear is a time-honored tradition.

You nailed it precisely down. That's also my impression.

That about sums it up.

@Alrik- a full Abashai set is actually pretty good for level 5. The individual items are still decent (not great, but decent) even though they're very old and they fit together very nicely to be useful for most classes. The set is bound to account so you can move it to whichever toon is appropriate. Using high level toons to farm lower level quests for gear is a time-honored tradition.

A few items from the raid don't look bad, either, like that crossbow, for example.
And the 2 Gems Of Many Facets I have are something I'm giving almost every lowest level character for the use of the Korthos set items.

Korthos set items given out by the game ( and labelled ) as starter gear ( I have a few of them ) don't work with the gem, however.

I was updating my version of the character builder and dragging the old build saves over. Was taking a look at the dates on the builds and was surprised to find that I've got a more consistent, and slow, cadence than I would have thought. Serious players would get a major LOL...

Across all 6 toons from Phuury down to Klubbir, I'm bringing them around about every 18 months. Quickest turnaround I saw was 9 months and the longest was nearly 3 years. It did track fairly well that the longer stretches were on toons that I took to lvl30 for an ETR. Not quite keeping up with Gat's 1-to-30 in a week...

So I've pretty well settled on mothballing two toons, Botdu at 24 and Klubbir wherever she is when the Friday alt group dissolves. I'm also planning on keeping Phuury out of the Friday group after this time around so that he becomes my solo main and theoretically gets the most exercise. One of RhoGu, Shadohe, and Wouldii will be assigned to Friday (not necessarily the same one every time) and the remaining two will run when they run. I figure concentrating my solo work on Phuury will help move him along and he's got enough epic gear to limp thru at this point.

We'll see how it all works.

That seems about how I've been doing it, except I took Aerii up as an iconic, which has left her mothballed at 24, and Ijii filling in as my regular TR.

I think I'm bringing Ijii back around next time, depending on whether or not Mureall is available. She's getting left behind in the alt group, so I may end up mothballing her and bringing back Fireflash into the rotation instead.

I think that Bany will be the first character with which I might try out a "bigger" reincarnation. I don't have much experience with that, though.

Ages ago, I did a lesser TR with Alrikadaram, my Ranger, which you might perhaps remember, to get out all the mistakes i did as a complete newbie. He sits for years now at level 16.

I decided to get Anrilkana, my Palladin, into the Epic levels,
and Ahiania, Aasimas Scourge, will travel with me into the 30s, at least I'll try it out.
Alrih, the trapper, sits still at level 20.
Amauna, my newish Iconic Cleric, will probably get into Epic, too.

All other characters I have are just for fun, and mainly mules.

I also decided to reorganize "muleing" a bit. Like ... 1 character gets all left "guard" armor, you know these items with for example good guard. As far as I understood it, random loot "guard" items are no longer within the game - with one exception : the "disease guard", which seems to be relatively new.

I already began this with for example Alrih giving most cosmetic items.

I'm out this friday. chassis fan gave up the ghost. doubt it will be less than 2 days to get new. sorry, see you following (I hope).

I'm out this friday. chassis fan gave up the ghost. doubt it will be less than 2 days to get new. sorry, see you following (I hope).
Best of luck.

Alts it is, then. Been a while since that group ran. We'll be taking our 13s out to the Desert for a bit of sun and sand.

My Sorc, Senha is still level 11, because I missed one run with her.
However, I'll take a look if I have another toon around that level.

My Sorc, Senha is still level 11, because I missed one run with her.
However, I'll take a look if I have another toon around that level.
If that's the toon you want to run, we can make it work. Up to you.

As long as the levels are no more than 3 apart, there will be no powerleveling penalty. My Sorc is also behind, I think 10 actually, since I've missed several runs.

My giant case fan died as well, though it's not as critical as a CPU fan. I also have 6 120mm fans going on top of the CPU fan, GPU fans, and fans on the RAM. Still, I think I'll be planning a new rig soon. Or buying a laptop again and saying fuck building it.

Alts are lvl14 and flagged for the DQ raid.

Mains are 11 (some holding 12) and have a few bar quests to run before taking 12. Whether we knock out Borovia1 or tackle the VoN and Tempest Spine raids will depend on how much time people have.

Back
Top Bottom