Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
Colony Ship Early Access Preview - Gamebanshee
Colony Ship combines the best parts of The Age of Decadence and Dungeon Rats and puts them in a neat new setting. And while it still has a long way to go, the seeds of greatness are already there.

If you liked Iron Tower’s earlier projects, you should definitely get Colony Ship. But even if you didn’t, you might still enjoy Colony Ship as it’s more player-friendly, less stingy with its content, and can boast a more intuitive skill system.

And seeing how the studio has a proven track record and the current early access price is as low as it will ever get, potential future discounts aside, there's no reason not to get Colony Ship right now even if you’re only interested in playing the full version..
Wasteland 3 Patch v1.4.0 Preview - Animal Companion System
The hype train continues as we roll into Patch 1.4.0 station before continuing on to Steeltown. Is that our final stop? No, it won’t be, but it’s a nice place and we recommend getting out and stretching your legs. In addition to the Crafting system we’ve already outlined coming in this next (free) update, we have some oft-requested features to make managing your animal companion coterie a real cinch.

Animal Companion Kennel

Chief among the new animal companion-focused changes hitting in Patch 1.4.0 is the Animal Companion Kennel. This is a safe, warm, and nurturing environment that all of your furry and spiky friends can hang out when you’re not using them to murder clown gangs or robots.

Right now, animal companions don’t hang around if you dismiss them, but with the Kennel they’ll have a home they automatically return to. That lets you build up a cadre of canines and cats, and pick and choose as you need… or just collect ‘em all!
Disco Elysium: The Final Cut Narrator Interview - PC Gamer
Disco Elysium's free Final Cut update adds new quests and full voice acting to the game, making a great RPG even better. For me, the highlight of the update is the deep, melodic voice of the narrator, who brings the turmoil raging inside Harry's head to life brilliantly. The man behind this incredible performance is Lenval Brown, a musician from London who, remarkably, has never acted in anything major before. I sat down with him—along with voice director Cash DeCuir—to talk about his work on the Final Cut, and what it was like recording nearly half a million words of dialogue for a videogame.

Lost Soul Aside - 18 Minutes of New Gameplay.
Release date unknown.
Release platforms unknown.
Hair spectacle confirmed.
Country of origin: China.
Spoken language in the video: mandarin.

Matt Chat 466: Old School Fantasy INDIE RPGs

Games included:

Balrum

An open world RPG filled with side-quests, Balrum not only offers excellent core RPG mechanics, but also impressive side-systems like crafting, building, and survival mechanics.

Heroes of Steel

A turn-based RPG with deep, tactical combat, in Heroes of Steel you choose a party of four and embark on a journey through the immense post-apocalyptic world of Steel.

Exiled Kingdoms

This isometric action RPG offers a challenging environment to explore, choices with consequences, and a simple but versatile rulesystem enabling endless ways to develop your character.

The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians

Repping the original first-person gameplay, this tile-based dungeon crawler takes you into maps filled with secrets, monsters, puzzles, and treasure.

I've never watched any Matt Chat's but Balrum was a great little indie title. Dude would need to get a haircut. I can't take a 40-something seriously with a mullet.

I'm completely ignoring chatty videos but disagree on the haircut.
Sadly, due to my job and so called rules of decent looks on it, I cannot afford getting mine that long.
Thanks to covid and occassional closure of hairdressers and barbers noone said anything (now it's touching my shoulders), but if I let it grow longer than that I'd be warned by the boss.

Then again, it was never a secret that I'm obsessed with hair. :)

That came out of nowhere. I wasn't even aware they were working on a new Expeditions game.

Well, they did announce they were working on a new one a few years ago (also that their publisher THQ Nordic now owns the IP). I found an old trademark request for Expeditions Rome before Viking even came out but we didn't know it was officially Rome until now.

I didn't know about it either. I liked both of their previous games, though I was (and am) a bit Viking'ed out, so I didn't finish that one. Adding to my wishlist. Appreciate the heads up!

I'm completely ignoring chatty videos but disagree on the haircut.
Sadly, due to my job and so called rules of decent looks on it, I cannot afford getting mine that long.
Thanks to covid and occassional closure of hairdressers and barbers noone said anything (now it's touching my shoulders), but if I let it grow longer than that I'd be warned by the boss.

Then again, it was never a secret that I'm obsessed with hair. :)

Yep, I love long hair too, just not on dudes. Call me old fashioned, I won't care.

Yes I know already you hate The Witcher games bcs Geralt lets his hair grow wild. :p

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How Chinese free-to-play RPG Genshin Impact conquered the world - PC Gamer

When Genshin Impact launched last year, no one saw its huge success coming. It was obviously pretty, sure, but it was also easy to write off as another Chinese free-to-play mobile game filled with microtransactions and high-pitched fairy sidekicks.
In the span of just a few months, MiHoYo has become one of China's most prestigious gaming companies. And since its 2020 launch, Genshin Impact has raked in an estimated $874 million and still continues to pull in around $175 million a month—and that's just from mobile players alone. To put that in perspective, it took Fortnite's mobile version nearly two years to cross the billion-dollar threshold. Genshin Impact is not only fantastic, it's also the biggest global launch of a Chinese game in history. Not bad for a company that, just a decade ago, was made up of just three anime nerds who were fresh out of university.

Last edited:
Dying Light 2 Community Q&A Episode #1

In our March Update, we asked you to send us your questions regarding Dying Light 2. Since then, you've sent us over 9 thousands questions! We have gathered the most frequently asked questions and Tymon SmektaÃ, Lead Game Designer of Dying Light 2, chose a few of them to answer with some interesting news about the game! Here is our first episode of the new Ask Me Anything series, but this is only a beginning. More is coming soon!
Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness Wandering Outdoors

We know it has been a little while since we last sent an update, but we hope you will be okay with that because we have been working on some big things! Firstly, next week we will have a big announcement regarding the game. We can't tell you what it is yet, but after the announcement you can expect a lot more regular updates from here on in, giving you even more insight into the content we are making as well as the all-important release plans too.

In the meantime here is a video that shows concept art of actual areas you can visit in Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness, with one of the wandering songs of the game as background music.

We will return next week - stay tuned!

Last edited:
Massively Exciting Bannerlord Mod! Warhammer Conversion - Taleworlds forum
The Old World is a singleplayer total conversation mod for Mount & Blade II Bannerlord that aims to transform the world of Calradia into that of the Old World of Warhammer Fantasy.
Pyre Retrospective Interview - Game Informer
Pyre was all about not dreaming big and learning new skills, even if it meant having to accept some hard lessons along the way. And the team created it in three years, the same time it took to make a much smaller game Transistor.
Gamedec - April 2021 Update
After a very exhausting March, we knew April wouldn't be easy. There is no time to waste as we're entering the last phase before finalizing the locations and cases before the polishing kicks in. What was going on with Gamedec in April? Check it out below!
Every Starfield Leak So Far
Bethesda's upcoming game Starfield has been surrounded by speculation, so here's every rumor and leak about the highly anticipated sci-fi RPG so far.
The Case for an Oblivion Remake Before The Elder Scrolls 6 - GameRant
The Elder Scrolls 6 is likely some time away, and there is a case for Bethesda to remake The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion before the new game.
New Elden Ring Footage Seemingly Leaks - Comicbook
The footage in question from Elden Ring, which you can find below, is said to have leaked via 4Chan. As such, it's important to take into account that it very well may not be legitimate. That being said, what we see here does seem to line up with the other leaked footage that we saw earlier in the year. As for what is being shown in this grainy new video, it's primarily just a single location from the title, which looks to be a church.
Dragon Age doesn't need to replace its disabled protagonist - Eurogamer
This isn't just a random "hey, wouldn't it be cool if the Dragon Age 4 protagonist was disabled," thought. The Inquisitor is already disabled, and casting them aside not only avoids making a bold step for representation in the industry, it reinforces Dragon Age's worst storytelling tendencies too.

eurogamer said:
Dragon Age doesn't need to replace its disabled protagonist
Dragon Age doesn't need to be the symbol of sjw. It needs to be a videogame.

Dragon Age doesn't need to be the symbol of sjw. It needs to be a videogame.

I cringed at the headline, but I read the article itself and it was basically just saying that a hero who had been through stuff and wasn't all powerful actually had some interesting narrative possibilities. I don't disagree with that.

I cringed at the headline, but I read the article itself and it was basically just saying that a hero who had been through stuff and wasn't all powerful actually had some interesting narrative possibilities. I don't disagree with that.
Yep the inquisitor will probably have a small cameo like all past heroes of the games did in each sequel. As for who you'll play in DA:4 who the hell knows not enough info yet.

With E3 2021 around the corner I expect more information soon.

The Case for an Oblivion Remake Before The Elder Scrolls 6 - GameRant

While I think that all the points raised by the author are valid reasons for the game to be remade, I still prefer TES VI be released before an eventual Oblivion remake.

Back
Top Bottom