Demons Age - Releases June 30th

Well this looks interesting. Will wait to hear what some people say about it.

But I just want to use this opportunity to say that I hate hex grids. Please stop using them. Thank you. :)

That is very brave of you for this game. I like stuff like this & I am hoping it is good; I just wouldn't bet $60 on it.

Yeah I'm fairly sure I'll regret it, especially reading the thoughts from people who have played the beta, the total lack of internet buzz, and the quiet devs. But in theory its basically my ideal game, so I decided to take a punt on it. I'll post some thoughts here when I've played it.

Someone just randomly gifted me a copy of this, so I guess I'll check it out, too!

Installing the beta now.

Edit - Aaaand now uninstalling it. :D

Right now it just seems…unfinished. Very slow combat, every action/turn/movement lags. Voice acting lags and is too slow. The starting area is small and linear. Combat seems very basic, as in just a standard attack. The enemies take turns slowly missing until I can slowly do a standard attack on them. Took several slow rounds. The first dungeon/sewer I ran into a locked door that I couldn't open and there didn't seem to be a key nearby. The couple rooms before had chests with nothing really interesting in them. 2 frog enemies and nothing really else at all noteworthy to see/find/do.

Loot seems basic as well. The game has stats like D&D, which is cool. Apparently proficiencies/feats, too, although I could only view a couple that my character already had. The "select a starting character" is kinda neat, as you get to select a prisoner on a slave ship. Graphics look bland even at 4K.

Honestly, I'd get a refund ASAP if I paid for this. It really just brings back the sadness that that Red Hand of Doom/Cave of Sorrows thing was never finished/a scam. That thing, RPG Maker graphics and all, was actually interesting.

Not to be too harsh. Maybe I'll check back later. But someone dropped $60 on this? Yikes.

If you want a basic RPG that is actually charming and fun to play, try Ember. RTWP combat but with a twist, cool story with quality writing and a nice little world to explore.

Last edited:
I have to double post to put the amber alert out on this. I'm not trying to be harsh but I'd like to save some people $60 or whatever they spent on this.

Edit - Aaaand now uninstalling it.

Oops, not good. Fluent likes everything. I had not high hopes for this, Just medium hopes. Maybe, they sent you an early beta copy and the release is more polished?
Smells a bit like Dungeon Lords in here.

Maybe, they sent you an early beta copy and the release is more polished?

It's a beta copy. They have some serious polishing to do in 8 days.

I was excited for Chaos Chronicles back when it was a thing. This is supposed to be that game or something? It's almost like a tech demo for a game like Chaos Chronicles, maybe. Dunno.

If they sell this on Steam, everyone will probably get returns.
Funny, they have been working on it for years.

Fluent's account got hacked? :lol: This must be the worst game ever since Fluent likes everything! In perverse ways, I might actually check this game out!

I have to double post to put the amber alert out on this. I'm not trying to be harsh but I'd like to save some people $60 or whatever they spent on this.

Yikes! A Fluent Amber Alert is not to be sniffed at. I'll cancel my order. Thanks for the warning.

Whoa, what happened to you when you were away Fluent? Seriously? Either you've replaced your rainbow coloured glasses or this game is the worst ever. Thanks for the warning.

Dunno if it's the worst ever. Considering they were thinking of or going to sell it for $60? That is very, very close to scam level, IMHO.

OK, after 30 minutes I can also report this is not a 60$ game.
It still has some problems we reported back in 2015, also some small but hilariously bad design decisions. If this was done this way I can only imagine what else I will find (small and big).
If this game is polished until release, I can see it being sold for 30$ at most. If they try for more, Steam review system is going to bury them with people writing negative reviews.

$30??! Hell no. I wouldn't advise anyone to spend anything on it, let alone 30 freaking bucks. Why would you? Name one interesting reason to buy it.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's a scam. Maybe this is Ellis Studios latest "project". $60. The nerve of these fools.

$30??! Hell no. I wouldn't advise anyone to spend anything on it, let alone 30 freaking bucks. Why would you? Name one interesting reason to buy it.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's a scam. Maybe this is Ellis Studios latest "project". $60. The nerve of these fools.
You missed the part where I said if it is polished until release.

You missed the part where I said if it is polished until release.

This isn't a matter of polish. In order to polish content, you first need to have actual content.

Anyway, you've all been warned. I advise to stay away from this mess.

Amazon just mailed me that it got pushed back to 21st of July.

They can do a lot of polish in that time. It still smells fishy, but I will buy it day 1 nomatterwhat - there has to be something in there if it once was Chaos Chronicles.

Why does anyone talk about a 60$ price tag? My preorder is priced 39,99€ which in dollares is 45 - not remotely near 60$.

Amazon just mailed me that it got pushed back to 21st of July.

They can do a lot of polish in that time. It still smells fishy, but I will buy it day 1 nomatterwhat - there has to be something in there if it once was Chaos Chronicles.

Why does anyone talk about a 60$ price tag? My preorder is priced 39,99€ which in dollares is 45 - not remotely near 60$.

It is not 45$ worth, that was cost for PoE which is at least 2x better

Back
Top Bottom