Pricewatch!

Can't agree more. After 30 minutes or an hour it gets even slower.

Dragon's Dogma had some very interesting moments - like what do you do when you are fighting a Dragon; and jump on it only to have it take flight :)
-
Anyway it (imho) lacked something to make it truely great but it had many more memorable moments than Skyrim or whatever.

One third off already!? Oh, I see, they are releasing the first (of 7) DLCs.

Assassin's Creed Origins is 55% off at Green Man Gaming. That makes it $26.97 for the standard edition and $44.97 for the Gold Edition.

I'm thinking about giving Origins a shot at that price. Does the DLC make the Gold Edition worth getting?

Assassin's Creed Origins is 55% off at Green Man Gaming. That makes it $26.97 for the standard edition and $44.97 for the Gold Edition.

I'm thinking about giving Origins a shot at that price. Does the DLC make the Gold Edition worth getting?

Odd that price is not showing up on UK site. Is this one of their voucher offer?

The main game is very good but I never got around to the DLC even though I own it! The problem I had with Origins is that, Egypt get very "samey" after 80 hours in the main game :)

DLC are two expansions with about the same map size as the vanilla game.
After the vanilla game, I've completed the first expansion in a way of turning every rock, but lost energy in the second one where I chased only what was questbased and ignored everything else - it was just not fun any more. Sure, some new trashmobs are added, some challenging, but gimme a break, I'm there for the story, not bragging rights only minibosses.

These two expansions are separate content from both the main game and AC series in general, not cut out story&lore key stuff like ME2 Arrival or ME3 Citadel were.
A few months back I'd say full edition is worth buying. But today, because of the imminent feel "okay, that's enough of grind" in the second DLC that could turn you away from Odyssey, I say go for vanilla Origins and ignore DLC. This doesn't mean Origins expansions suck. In fact are good - but investing time into Odyssey is much better.

DLC are two expansions with about the same map size as the vanilla game.
After the vanilla game, I've completed the first expansion in a way of turning every rock, but lost energy in the second one where I chased only what was questbased and ignored everything else - it was just not fun any more. Sure, some new trashmobs are added, some challenging, but gimme a break, I'm there for the story, not bragging rights only minibosses.

These two expansions are separate content from both the main game and AC series in general, not cut out story&lore key stuff like ME2 Arrival or ME3 Citadel were.
A few months back I'd say full edition is worth buying. But today, because of the imminent feel "okay, that's enough of grind" in the second DLC that could turn you away from Odyssey, I say go for vanilla Origins and ignore DLC. This doesn't mean Origins expansions suck. In fact are good - but investing time into Odyssey is much better.

The two DLC take place in new areas which are not part of main game? Do these aress look different from rest of the game?

I got this emails "Kingdom Come: Deliverance FREE when you subscribe to 3 month Humble Monthly". Looks like good deal so check your emails... Note that you have to receive this email to be eligible...

The two DLC take place in new areas which are not part of main game? Do these aress look different from rest of the game?
Yes, new areas.
First expansion a bit different, I mean it's a different "country". Among all the sameish to the vanilla game quests you'll have to visit a fort much bigger than any other in the vanilla game. And it's a bitch to clear, but a challenge at the same time.
Second expansion copletely different as it happens in another "dimension" (examples: no night, ships sailing on the ground and not on water, giant scorpions from Fallout, etc).

Yes, new areas.
First expansion a bit different, I mean it's a different "country". Among all the sameish to the vanilla game quests you'll have to visit a fort much bigger than any other in the vanilla game. And it's a bitch to clear, but a challenge at the same time.
Second expansion copletely different as it happens in another "dimension" (examples: no night, ships sailing on the ground and not on water, giant scorpions from Fallout, etc).

Ah Ic. I will have to do these at some point then!

You still play the same character though, right? Also, are they accessed from the main menu or from within the game world?

Yes you play Bayek. Not from game menu - within the game world (basically through quests you unlock fasttravel spots).

Back
Top Bottom