INSOMNIA: The Ark - Patch 3 News

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Patch 3 will be merged with Patch 4 for INSOMNIA: The Ark.

Patch #3 news + $1000 video contest results

20 OCTOBER - VAULT_13

Hello everyone! Today we will cover quite a few topics regarding the latest INSOMNIA-related activities including the current situation with bug fixes and the lucky winners of the video contest that was available with the game's launch.

Patch #3 is getting merged with patch #4

As you may know, the release of our next patch has been delayed to make sure it won't follow the same path as patch #2, which introduced a few issues like disappearing weapon icons. And due the continuous work on solving the issues faced by our players so far, we have decided to combine patch #3 with the release of patch #4, which should be launched next week.

We are thankful for all of the the feedback you've been constantly providing us via the Community Hub, the submission form, email, social media and other mediums. This feedback is collected, analyzed and transformed into specific tasks for our team to address. We are lucky to have such an active community as you guys, who care enough about INSOMNIA and put time and effort in discussing the issues and the best ways of solving them. We couldn't ask for more!

[...]
More information.

Well at least they are patching the game. I'll finish it a later date.

Any watchers' impressions so far?

Any watchers' impressions so far?

I think it has a ton of potential, but unfortunately there are some annoying bugs at the moment. I'd at least wait until the the next major patch.

I liked what I saw in my limited play time though. I'll definitely be going back once those bugs are ironed out.

I pretty much agree with JDR. Lots of potential and great atmosphere to the game. But waiting for more patches before I sink into it. But I think its a pretty cool game.

Backed at kickstarter but after all this feedback of being bugged and after playing the rushed release of BT4 I am waiting now...

Something about this game really appeals to me. But I'm not sure if I can play it. I have a hand injury that means I can't use WASD for character movement.

If I can map forward movement to the left mouse button, then I'm good to go. But I've heard that you can't rebind your controls in this game :(

So I'm hoping they'll change that in the future.

Something about this game really appeals to me. But I'm not sure if I can play it. I have a hand injury that means I can't use WASD for character movement.

If I can map forward movement to the left mouse button, then I'm good to go. But I've heard that you can't rebind your controls in this game :(

So I'm hoping they'll change that in the future.

There's ways of rebinding keys outside of the game itself. Windows itself lets you assign specific keys to mouse buttons for particular programs.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4052294/accessories-how-do-i-reassign-mouse-buttons

Hope that helps, but if that doesn't work out, there's various little apps available that can give you even more control over remapping inputs.

Thank you Ripper! I had no idea you could do that.

I'll look into this, if I can get this to work, then there are several games that I might be able to play now.

Thank you again :)

Back
Top Bottom