Blizzard - Michael Morhaime P1

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Culture of Gaming looks at the life and times of Blizzard's Michael Morhaime.

When he set out with nothing but 15,000 dollars from his grandma to found Silicon and Synapse, Michael Morhaime couldn’t possibly imagine the empire he would build. 20 years, a dozen games, and nearly 15 billion dollars later, Blizzard Entertainment has become one of the most influential companies in video gaming, and it would be nowhere without the guidance of Mike Morhaime.

This man has an extensive history with video games. From his childhood to the current day, he’s worked tirelessly on the medium he’s loved most. We here at Culture of Gaming are fascinated and inspired by Mike. That’s why we’re writing a multi-part chronology of Morhaime’s life and career. This article will delve into his early years and the first phase of Blizzard, but make sure to stay tuned to at least one more part coming in the future.

Without further ado, here’s a brief look into the soul of Michael Morhaime, former CEO of Blizzard.

[…]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked Lost Vikings 1 most of them.
Even although I could never advance very far.

I remember spending an entire summer excusively playing the Lost Vikings and Cadaver on Amiga when I was twelve… Was such a nerd back then (hum…)!

And I did finish the Lost Vikings, the ending is super lame (like in most games of that era).

I remember Lost Vikings fondly, and I did finish it (took me a long time). The somewhat recent "Trine" games did bring back some similar feelings.

Yes, the Trine games were really excellent ! :) They made me feel so much younger then. ! ;)

Back
Top Bottom