RPGWatch - Summer Key Giveaway

well that didn't last long. people claiming the key aren't 'liking' the posts.

At least I tried :)

Why people wouldn't give a simple click on Thumbs Up button after effectively redeeming a game key is beyond my comprehension. Way beyond.

I'm fully aware that nobody except for moderators can post messages on that thread, what it does also mean nobody can post "Thank You for the Game Key I Just Got!" (note: I am not suggesting Myrthos should change this, no way, really!).

But since one can't write anything, why can't one just click on the Thumbs Up button, a simple attitude that could be translated into "Thumbs Up for the Game Key I Just Got!"? Go figure!

I don't know either. Perhaps someone feels guilty for harvesting a number of keys?
The reason for not allowing posts is actually that it makes it easier to spot the keys, but let's try enabling posting :)

A key for Saints Row The Third.
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43248

They seem to go fast though, tried a few times within 20-30 minutes of Myrthos posting and they are always already gone.

Just posted a new one...

They seem to go fast though, tried a few times within 20-30 minutes of Myrthos posting and they are always already gone.
Yes, for some reason this annoys me. Feels like there are vultures keeping constant check on the thread. I guess we are just with many on the watch which makes it seem so.

Though, personally I like people giving at least a small heads-up when taking a key. Just as a thanks.

Maybe only registered users should be able to see the thread ?

Yes, for some reason this annoys me. Feels like there are vultures keeping constant check on the thread. I guess we are just with many on the watch which makes it seem so.

Though, personally I like people giving at least a small heads-up when taking a key. Just as a thanks.

Maybe only registered users should be able to see the thread ?

That's already the case isn't? In the standard key giveaway thread most people issue a "PM me" so it isn't public. Occasionally someone will post the raw key where we'll warn them we have a lot bots that are likely trolling for Steam keys among other things.

Does anyone know the ratio of lurkers to posters here? That thread requires 7 posts minimum to view doesn't it?

Yes it does, 7 posts that were approved by a moderator (usually Eye).

Keys have been posted...

There is a new key available.

Yeah, it's why I suggested not posting the full key without putting some fake Xs in - anecdotally there's a lot of suspicion that there's bots that sweep forums for keys like these.

I doubt there are any bots active here that have registered and have reached 7 posts, so that they can actually get access to the keys.

Added a new key.

well that didn't last long. people claiming the key aren't 'liking' the posts.

that would be a great thread to post without fear someone not on the forums will claim the key. alas it's closed for all but mods.
If you tell me which keys are already taken without someone having given a :thumbsup: just tell me and I’ll like the key instead. It will stop other people trying only to learn what you just learned.

Forget it. Bad idea. People may think I took all the keys. Which is not the case btw. I am not interested in them. :)

Thare are two keys left (actually 3). One I have posted now. The other two belong together and I'll post them in one go later today. Perhaps they both go to one person, perhaps not :)

The last keys are up, so that wraps this up. In half a year (or something like that) there is another event.

Back
Top Bottom