Risen Vs. Gothic 4

Which will be the 'better' game, Risen or G4?

• Risen

Votes: 28 80.0%
  • Gothic 4

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Which do you think will be the 'better' game... Risen or G4?

My vote is for the creators of the Gothic games, not the IP holders.

It will be interesting to see how the two games fair after their release in terms of both players and critical acclaim. Also in terms of polish or bugginess.

If one stands out more-than-marginally superior over the other, then perhaps it will shed light on who was 'more' to blame for the G3 fiasco... PB or Jowood.

Sounds you have a split personality. Gothic is PB's property. ;)

The JoWooD yearly report last week (100 pages or so) doesn't talk about Gothic, except for the games already released. They're planning with the Arcania franchise.

I expect both games to be good to great. Risen is a small back to the roots project. Arcania is bigger, but Spellbound also has a far bigger team.

How can I decide which game will be better, before they are released? I'm not psychic. I think both have the potential to be good, but that's all anyone can really say!!

As a true pesimist I think both will be shit :p Although we'll see after release.

How can I decide which game will be better, before they are released? I'm not psychic. I think both have the potential to be good, but that's all anyone can really say!!

This is far from a scientific poll. Just base your decision on whatever you've seen or read about the two games. What does your 'gut' tell you might be the better of the two based on what you know right now?

My vote goes to PB and Risen.

G1 and G2 are, for me, the best two RPGs ever relased. The atmosphere in those games is unlike anything else, and for that alone I'm willing to believe in the PB team to deliver again. G3 may not be *as* great as the first two games, but personally I still think it's a very good RPG!

G4 *looks* good (and I also have high hopes for that one) - but I've seen pretty games turn out mediocre before. A pretty imitation is not what I really want... Spellbound still have to prove to me that they can deliver :)

I don't see why Gothic 4 can't be every bit as good as Risen. Given all the Gothic content out there its hardly a secret formula at this point.

add an option "don't care about either" and I'll vote :)

add an option "don't care about either" and I'll vote :)
You are either biased against Gothic or unaware of it's brilliance.

I don't see why Gothic 4 can't be every bit as good as Risen. Given all the Gothic content out there its hardly a secret formula at this point.

Very true. Of course G4 can still turn out to be a great game and maybe even a "true" gothic. However, it's one thing to sit down, analyse and understand what made the previous gothics so great - and another to actually do the magic...

We know next to nothing about Arcania, so I voted Risen, which I think will be at least very decent.

For me that's true. I know more about Risen than G4 simply because I've come across more information about Risen than G4 at this point.

However, I voted for Risen mostly because I suspect Jowood to be the main reason that G3 was released the way it was. My perception bolstered further by the condtion of the G3 addon.

With the split up between PB and Jowood, the best scenerio for us fans of the Gothic series would be that their split up creates an additional great RPG series from PB and hopefully Jowood stops releasing games before their fully cooked.

So while I voted that Risen will be the better of the two, I'm still hoping that G4 will be great too. However, I have some nagging doubts about G4 because of how the G3 addon was released.

Risen will be a disappointment.
Comically animated and proportionated characters, repetitive dungeons, too easy gameplay supported by half-assed combat system, a lot of boring side quests and surprisingly shallow and short main story. Also I expect tears in the landscape here and there ;).
I´m looking forward to it.

Arcania will be a failure no one cares about.

You are either biased against Gothic or unaware of it's brilliance.
More like I don't care about the gameplay. First person meleers are not my cup of tea... at all. At least in Oblivion I could get by playing as a pure mage, creating my own spells and all, but you really can't do that in Gothic and by the looks of it, you can't in Risen either.

Yeah.

I'm hoping Gothic 4 will be more comparable to Gothic 1 and 2 than to 3 though.

And I hope both games come out on the 360. I know what everyone here probably thinks about consoles but I just can't afford to upgrade my PC anymore, that's the only reason I got one. If I want to keep gaming it's a console or nothing.

Back
Top Bottom