GOG - May the 4th Star Wars Promo

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
On GOG there is a week of Star Wars promotion going on with big discounts for the blaster and saber bundles. This sale also coincides with the release of a old Star Wars game called Shadows of the Empire.

Celebrate Star WarsTM day with two massive bundles offering discounts up to 77% off
Most people consider the lightsaber as the defining element of the Star WarsTM universe but for every aspiring Jedi out there, there is a space cowboy who prefers the thrill of a dogfight behind the cockpit of his battered X-Wing. This is a galaxy of infinite possibilities, so why not have both? With discounts up to 77%, the Blaster Bundle and Saber Bundle are truly the deals you are looking for. Pick them up now, you must.
More information.

Now thats a great sale. All the classic star wars games dirt cheap. :)

Anyone here played Jedi Academy? Outcast is easily one of my favorites action games( really great combat system, still one of the best to this day), how does it compare?

Anyone here played Jedi Academy? Outcast is easily one of my favorites action games( really great combat system, still one of the best to this day), how does it compare?

I liked it even better than Outcast, mostly because of the (IMHO) much better level design. It was also fun to meet a certain Mr. Skywalker (not a spoiler... you meet him early game) in JA. That gave it a connection to the films that was sorely lacking from the other Jedi Knight titles in my opinion. It is also naturally the technically most advanced game in the series and feels more mature and polished than the previous games in many ways.
I enjoyed it a lot and would definitely recommend it to any Star Wars fan.

Bobothemighty: If you liked Jedi knight 2, you won't be dissapointed. Jedi Academy basicly just expands and fine-tunes the gameplay in several ways. For example adding plenty of new animations for single saber style, and two whole new fighting styles (dual wield & staff). The gameplay has the same familiar feel, but only much more refinied.

Compared to JK2, the game is somewhat more non-linear as you can decide in which order you finish certain missions. Its a bit similar to Kotor where you decide in which order to visit the planets. And ofcourse there are some mandatory story missions that must be completed after you've cleared the required ammount of jedi mission. Also just as Moriendor mentioned above, as a whole, the levels are well designed and intresting.

One big difference is that in the begining of the game, you have to create your own character. It is mostly a cosmetic thing though, but still quite cool. You can choose your race, gender, saber color and so forth. And like in every decent Star wars game, during the course of the game, one can choose to follow the path of light or turn to the darkside.

The game continues Kyle katarn's story even if you're not playing as Kyle Katarn. The player character is one of the new jedi students who are about to start their padawan training in the Luke's brand new Jedi Academy. Kyle Katarn happens to be one of the jedi masters there.

Compared to JK2, the main storyline is somewhat less memorable. Imo the main character is nowhere near as charismatic as Kyle Katarn, but the upside is that you can creat your own version of the main character. :) Also some of the jedi missions have very little relevance to the actual main plot. So in this sense JK2 was definitely a more story focused experience.

A sale just because it is the "May the forth be with you"

good on them I guess..silly play on words though.

Thanks folks, those silly Jedi won't know what hit them. :p

Pibbur, my man, sometimes I think you're the only one here who truly understands me. :p

Show me your avatar and I will show you who you are.

The doctor who wants the watch to kow that the rhyming above was unintentional.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom