Venetica - XBox 360 Version Delayed, PC Patch Coming

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Several sites are reporting the XBox version of Deck 13's Venetica has been pushed back to November 27th in DACH. International details are still TBA.
Deck 13 and publisher dtp posted a temporary fix list for the upcoming 2nd PC patch. Checking the list against my own list based on a run through the retail version including the first patch, it seems to be more than complete. It covers pretty much all known A & B bugs, adds comfort functions (quicksave, screenshot key, HUD toggle, VSync, toggle quicksave, brightness & contrast), polishes the graphics (a long list), increases the performance and fine-tunes several gameplay elements & balancing.
The patch is currently in QA.
More information.

If this fix-list is implemented well - Venetica will be a 85-90% title.
The 1.01 PC-version was good already.

Agreed. Venetica is a nice little game which does exactly what was promised. Just a bit buggy and unpolished.

Sorry I'm out of touch on the this title and its status. Does it have a US publisher yet or is all this about the euro release?

So it is still unknown when there will be an English release of this? I was interested in this, might get it for Xbox 360 is the port is good. That platform seems a good fit for the game.

I'm hoping for an eventual English 360 release, too. I assume it's inevitable, since the port is done and it's just a matter of translation — but I guess nothing is ever certain.

I agree, Thaurin, the action-adventurey aspects should help it sell to the 360 audience. When I talk about it on Xbox forums, the vast majority have never heard of it, but most like what they see and hear. However, similar games with female leads have not done terribly well on the platform (e.g., Beyond Good and Evil). So I never know.

Venetica would indeed be a good fit for a console.

It's possible the German XBox 360 release includes the other languages. The Risen product manager wrote a few months ago that Microsoft requires all Euro releases include EFIGS loca.

Really.
I actually asked one of the devs of Venetica about that.
They didn't have a clue but I now know thats because they're not working on it.
I asked somebody from DTP no reply so forget it.

Hope English comes soon.
I will pick this up for 360.
Looks like a good game reminds a bit of Fable which I enjoyed for what it was.

DTP need to find a distributor for English Speaking regions.
At this rate, I don't think it'll come until mid-2010.
Early seems packed.

Back
Top Bottom