Demons Age - Releases June 30th

Amazon just mailed me that it got pushed back to 21st of July.

They can do a lot of polish in that time. It still smells fishy, but I will buy it day 1 nomatterwhat - there has to be something in there if it once was Chaos Chronicles.

Why does anyone talk about a 60$ price tag? My preorder is priced 39,99€ which in dollares is 45 - not remotely near 60$.
On amazon.de, PS4/Xbox One versions are 49,99€ which is $56, pretty close to $60.

On amazon.co.uk, all 3 versions are £34.99 which is $45.

US Amazon doesn't even have the game up for sale…

This game reeks of crappy shovelware, not sure why you wouldn't at least wait for reviews. Give your money to devs who actually deserve it.

Exactly. It's crappy shovelware at best, borderline scam at worst, IMHO. There is nothing here, nothing, that makes it worth playing, let alone spending a dime on. Even if I got it for free (which I did) I wouldn't play it.

The fishier part to me is certain people saying this is somehow worth money, or that they are buying it no matter what, etc.. What have you seen that would make you honestly think this is worth money? Let alone $45+. :jester:

And certain members who pan games like Pillars of Eternity, yet want to support...this?! :jester: :jester: That deserves two laughing heads.

Fluent is the all time great last filter.

I don't even have to look at a screenshot now ;)

I don't even have to look at a screenshot now ;)

Of course you don't, because I'm a trustworthy RPG head like most of the other posters here. I may enjoy a whole range of RPGs, get excited over the little things, etc., but when I sense a scam I'm not going to mince words anymore.

Exactly. It's crappy shovelware at best, borderline scam at worst, IMHO. There is nothing here, nothing, that makes it worth playing, let alone spending a dime on. Even if I got it for free (which I did) I wouldn't play it.

The fishier part to me is certain people saying this is somehow worth money, or that they are buying it no matter what, etc.. What have you seen that would make you honestly think this is worth money? Let alone $45+. :jester:
On Codex they said they got a half working character creator done and want to implement that in future so at least you should be able to create your own character from scratch.

Combat is kind of simple at start, mostly due to game not having enough D&D feats and such implemented. Also lacks general options like charge, fight defensively, trip and such. Even 5 foot step does nothing currently and they turned off Attack of Opportunity (I think I remember AoO existing in version I tested back in 2015). Also I tried to flank but didn't notice any bonuses.
All this can be polished or improved upon in few months.

Then there is a lot of little bugs and bad design decisions that can also be fixed or improved upon in few months. But that requires someone actually doing that instead of doing nothing which seems to be what was happening at end of 2015.

IF they fix all this, the game is worth some money. Atm it is not.

The fishier part to me is certain people saying this is somehow worth money, or that they are buying it no matter what, etc.. What have you seen that would make you honestly think this is worth money? Let alone $45+. LOL!

Okay, you want it - you got it:

1. I buy nearly every indie crpg that is released in a box. I don't want Indies to go DD only.
2. I loved everything I learned about Chaos Chronicles. After it was cancelled I will take every route to play at least sth. similar.
3. I am totally into real time exploration and turn based combat.
4. Buying means more chances to get patches and DLCs.
5. I'd rather spent 39,99 on DA than shoving it to EA by buying ME:A
6. I liked what I saw in the Beta Videos.

Edit: BTW I really, really loved PoE.

Of course you don't, because I'm a trustworthy RPG head like most of the other posters here. I may enjoy a whole range of RPGs, get excited over the little things, etc., but when I sense a scam I'm not going to mince words anymore.

I certainly trust that if you don't like anything about an RPG - then it simply can't be good.

That wouldn't compute :)

On Codex they said they got a half working character creator done and want to implement that in future so at least you should be able to create your own character from scratch.

Combat is kind of simple at start, mostly due to game not having enough D&D feats and such implemented. Also lacks general options like charge, fight defensively, trip and such. Even 5 foot step does nothing currently and they turned off Attack of Opportunity (I think I remember AoO existing in version I tested back in 2015). Also I tried to flank but didn't notice any bonuses.
All this can be polished or improved upon in few months.

Then there is a lot of little bugs and bad design decisions that can also be fixed or improved upon in few months. But that requires someone actually doing that instead of doing nothing which seems to be what was happening at end of 2015.

I don't trust you. At all. Or the people at the Codex. And no one else here should either, frankly. You have the audacity to act innocent and pretend like this is a legit product when you spend the rest of your time bashing legitimate RPGs.

"Kind of simple at start", man, gtfoh. This shit is a scam and you damn well know it.

Okay, you want it - you got it:

1. I buy nearly every indie crpg that is released in a box. I don't want Indies to go DD only.
2. I loved everything I learned about Chaos Chronicles. After it was cancelled I will take every route to play at least sth. similar.
3. I am totally into real time exploration and turn based combat.
4. Buying means more chances to get patches and DLCs.
5. I'd rather spent 39,99 on DA than shoving it to EA by buying ME:A
6. I liked what I saw in the Beta Videos.

Well I'm telling you that this ish is trash and it's not Chaos Chronicles. Trust me, I loved what Chaos Chronicles was looking like back when it was shown, too. This…thing…is not that game.

To even compare this to a legitimate product is absurd. To say you're going to spend $40+ on it, I can't even fathom. Save your money, please. Buy something legitimate. Even $20 for a Jeff Vogel game is an infinitely better option.

I don't trust you. At all. Or the people at the Codex. And no one else here should either, frankly. You have the audacity to act innocent and pretend like this is a legit product when you spend the rest of your time bashing legitimate RPGs.

"Kind of simple at start", man, gtfoh. This shit is a scam and you damn well know it.
You have a reading problem? I said IF they fix it, it can be a decent product.
You are overreacting over 9000 atm.

Watch out where you pre-order the game. Not sure if you'll actually lose money by pre-ordering the game without getting literally anything in return. That product is in full legal limbo and I doubt it will be delivered at all.

You have a reading problem? I said IF they fix it, it can be a decent product.
You are overreacting over 9000 atm.

If by "fix it", you mean making a new game and adding actual content, sure.

I just find it very curious how you can turn a blind eye to this mess yet bash real RPGs made by legitimate developers. That reeks of dishonesty to me.

Watch out where you pre-order the game. Not sure if you'll actually lose money by pre-ordering the game without getting literally anything in return. That product is in full legal limbo and I doubt it will be delivered at all.

Hahahaha! And here we go…

Deja vu, I tells ye.

"You know what a hassa is, Frank?"

:jester:

How would that be possible if I order at Amazon. They won't Charge me for anything before they deliver. Which shop does that anyway?

Who are you to know about the legal Limbo, anyway? I thought that was sorted out more than a year ago? You peaked my interest!

@Fluent
Jeff Vogel, honestly? I despise everything about his games since 1995 and to the best of my knowledge they aren't released in a box anymore, which is a killer for me.

@Fluent
Jeff Vogel, honestly? I despise everything about his games since 1995 and to the best of my knowledge they aren't released in a box anymore, which is a killer for me.

Despise everything about his games, yet you're into this thing? I'm just saying that there are legitimate RPGs with real-time exploration and turn-based combat to support. You're better off playing ToEE, or Eschalon, or literally anything else. This "game" is essentially Ellis Studios level.

Anyway, I've said what I needed to say. If you honestly want to burn money, lighting it on fire is a much faster way to do it.

Despise everything about his games, yet you're into this thing? I'm just saying that there are legitimate RPGs with real-time exploration and turn-based combat to support. You're better off playing ToEE, or Eschalon, or literally anything else. This "game" is essentially Ellis Studios level.

Anyway, I've said what I needed to say. If you honestly want to burn money, lighting it on fire is a much faster way to do it.

Eschalon, Balrum and Spiderweb games are exactly the games I won't support for obvious reasons. I don't like the art style and they are DD only games.

I sincerly like the art style of Demons Age and it is released in a box - what is there to not understand?

Eschalon, Balrum and Spiderweb games are exactly the games I won't support for obvious reasons. I don't like the art style and they are DD only games.

I sincerly like the art style of Demons Age and it is released in a box - what is there to not understand?

What art style? I played in 4K resolution and it had brilliant art like frog creatures that have the same texture, color and all, as the ground they were hopping over. Great way to save money, time and effort, but a good art style that does not make.

And the totally synchronous rowers on the slave ship in the beginning, all of which looked exactly the same (and these were supposed to be main characters you were going to play the game as), brilliant. Exquisite, even.

Now let me opine about the wonderful gameplay. Combat, where you have 1 choice to make - Attack. And the enemies have the same choice - Attack. And if that wasn't enough, everything is delayed, like the engine can't even get the damn thing moving properly. You get a slow ass Enemy Turn message. Then the slow ass enemy takes their time to stand there and attack, probably missing you. Then, you get another slow ass Player Turn message. It might take you 6 or 7 rounds of this BS to kill the first creature you encounter, on "Normal" difficulty. It's absurd.

And that "real-time exploration"? You're wasting your "real time" with it. The starting area is about the size of Shaquille O'Neal's shoebox. This random guy who's supposed to be patrolling the area tells you all about how you have to go to this town if you want to earn your freedom from slavery, and whaddya know, the entrance to these weird sewers to get there is right behind him. Oh, there is one thing to find on that screen, a chest that is 10 meters to the north. It might have literally nothing in it. No, seriously, nothing. Or you might pull a sweet 3 gold, or some boring ass loot. Did I mention I found repeating boring ass loot in the first few chests alone? And great text descriptions for them, like "This makes me stronger, and you…deader." Complete with syntax and grammatical errors to boot. Lovely, really.

Story? Be prepared for the slowest voice acting you've ever heard in your life. Like the combat, it lags, in that it seems like the voice actors are continuously waiting for their queue to speak. Then, it's slow speaking. And not interesting. With no options in dialogue whatsoever, except apparently, "Skip", and "Skip All". Oohwee! I wonder what happens when I Skip All! Let me skip all this game.

It's released in a box? That is one of your reasons for supporting this? Well, I'd be very, very careful. I'm not sure if anyone will ever see those boxes. Find something else in a box. I'm sure there's other RPGs that come in boxes.

Last edited:
If by "fix it", you mean making a new game and adding actual content, sure.

I just find it very curious how you can turn a blind eye to this mess yet bash real RPGs made by legitimate developers. That reeks of dishonesty to me.

What are you talking about? YOu said yourself you basically played one or two combats?!

I don't understand how you can play crap like what Bethesda puts out for 200h while giving this what 15 minutes?
I played it for 30 minutes, found bad stuff but behind it could be a decent game if bad stuff is removed.
And you are acting like the game was breaking apart everywhere. It was not. It is just not release worthy at the moment and it can be made decent with polish and improvements.
Or maybe not. maybe in next 2 hours I run into a lot of broken content. But you made up your mind after 15 minutes and you actually don't know shit.

What are you talking about? YOu said yourself you basically played one or two combats?!

I don't understand how you can play crap like what Bethesda puts out for 200h while giving this what 15 minutes?
I played it for 30 minutes, found bad stuff but behind it could be a decent game if bad stuff is removed.
And you are acting like the game was breaking apart everywhere. It was not. It is just not release worthy at the moment and it can be made decent with polish and improvements.
Or maybe not. maybe in next 2 hours I run into a lot of broken content. But you made up your mind after 15 minutes and you actually don't know shit.

I'll refer people to my post about what a hassa is. You are full of shit, period. The game sucks.

Felipe (of CRPG book fame) tweeted that he is also playing the game and kind of enjoying it. He is fairly critical of new stuff so that was kind of surprising.

Back
Top Bottom