The TV Series discussion thread - Page 221 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The TV Series discussion thread

Default The TV Series discussion thread

May 23rd, 2019, 03:18
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
It would be absolutely hilarious if Martin had been sitting on Winds of Winter for the past few months, then markets it within the next month or two, just to ride the hype ribbon.
I've heard he's finished with Winds and Winter and A Dream of Spring for some time and didn't want to release the books until after the show ended, which makes sense because that'll bring in more money from the franchise.

Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
I agree, this past series could have easily used ten episodes, yet they did not do so. It adds to the rushed feeling and using foreshadowing as character advancement, as for why they only used six episodes, who knows. A friend of mine just thinks they were off to their next job/project.
I'm hoping they stick with Confederate despite the backlash online. The premise sounds fascinating.

doom

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

May 23rd, 2019, 15:18
I'm not sure about that Confederate show now, the HBO hype machine is pretty quiet as to where that property stands.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

May 23rd, 2019, 15:36
HBO has a lot of shows coming out they're prioritizing. D&D probably needed to finish GoT before focusing on Confederate. They likely need to finish the script, find the cast, shoot the season, edit it all and ship it. We likely won't see it until the end of 2020.

doom

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

May 23rd, 2019, 19:31
Smells of ungratefulness, people lamenting the poor ending of that cultural phenonemon.

Without watching a single episode of that series, the conclusion it is great.
When first hearing of it, it was quickly determined it was a rip off of an existing novel (not deemed good enough so it had to be redone as it is common in the US), a line of course that usually ends with delivering poorer products than the original.

No disappointment, speculating against stuff that could happen delivered.

The great value of this show was all the side show with people quitting their job to speculate full time against stuff unlikely to happen.

Stuff like baratheon's curse or how a simple greetings scene is overread.

Hundreds of videos bringing tons of speculation about stuff that was unlikely to happen.
--
Backlog:0

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

May 23rd, 2019, 23:20
I disagree, having read the comments around here now, they are all very mild if not outright positive on the final season of GoT. With some exceptions of course.

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

May 23rd, 2019, 23:37
Has anyone tried PM'ing the bot (ChienAboyeur), does it answer or is the script just running on the various forums? It's getting annoying tbh. A moderator should look into it, i guess it's not as annoying as sales bots who spams ads, but almost.
--
Latest creations: Fallout NV: A Wasteland in Bloom / Fallout NV: WFO v3.2

vurt

serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

Yesterday, 14:17
Originally Posted by Myrthos View Post
Fortunately it is just a TV show instead of something really important….
Reality is one big hologram/TV show and we're all just npcs, only we don't yet realize it.
Well, according to some scientists https://www.wired.co.uk/article/our-…is-a-hologram/
Or it could be that none of you guys really exist and I'm just here talking to myself.
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Yesterday, 15:00
I think, therefore I don't exist.

Back to topic, who remembers this short part from Karate Kid (1984) movie?
loading…

The new Cobra Kai season is full of easter eggs and references to the classic, even in the trailer there is something to notice related to the scenes above:
loading…

Finished watching it. A bit different from the first season, but not less exciting.
Not only I want more, I say it's one of those shows you need to watch before you die.
Remember, later this year Youtube Red (Premium) will turn into free streaming with ads so don't rush on it unless you've already subscribed.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)

Yesterday, 20:46
Cobra Kai still looks like a silly cash-grab to me, but I've had more than one friend tell me to check it out. I'll probably give it a look soon when I can find the time.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

Yesterday, 23:18
Cobra Kai is actually decent enough. It's something i watch now and then when there's nothing else. I like its overall vibe more than i perhaps like something specific, like an actor or the plot.

Is "The 100's" worth watching? I watched a few episodes of S1 when the series was new, seemed like a nice Fallout'ish series.. didn't continue to watch, probably something more interesting came along and i forgot about it.
--
Latest creations: Fallout NV: A Wasteland in Bloom / Fallout NV: WFO v3.2

vurt

serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

Yesterday, 23:38
I've heard good things about Cobra Kai and I plan on watching it the probably the first month when content is free to watch.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The TV Series discussion thread