The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

I hadn't been invented in 1973, but my space cadet friends and I preferred this sort of thing to the electropop of our time.

You young whippersnappers don't know what you missed!!

In 1973 I listened to Pink Floyd, Focus, Hawkwind, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Hawkwind, Skyhooks and more!

You young whippersnappers don't know what you missed!!
Fortunately, we do!!!!

In 1973 I listened to Pink Floyd, Focus, Hawkwind, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Hawkwind, Skyhooks and more!
What about Hawkwind?

pibbur who in '73 listened to Floyd, Purple, Zeppelin, Yes and Gentle Giant. And who still listens to them.

I hadn't been invented in 1973…
But were there project plans, sketches, proposals? These things take at least 9 months.

pibbur who officially was produced during a 6 month period. In '54.

Last edited:
Fortunately, we do!!!!

What about Hawkwind?

pibbur who in '73 listened to Floyd, Purple, Zeppelin, Yes and Gentle Giant. And who still listens to them.

????What about Hawkwind? Not sure what you are asking venerable one

I still listen to the Floyd and some Zeppelin but I got into them later, started with Physical Graffiti (still love Kashmir) and Presence.

????What about Hawkwind? Not sure what you are asking venerable one
It was a silly pun, since you mentioned the band two times.
I still listen to the Floyd and some Zeppelin but I got into them later, started with Physical Graffiti (still love Kashmir) and Presence.

Those are my two favourite Zep albums. And Kashmir - my all-time number one song, not likely to be replaced anytime soon. As such it's comparable to Planescape:Torment.

Another favourite:

pibbur who these days feels like being trampled under foot but has decided it's his fault, nobody else's

Last edited:
Ah Hawkwind x2, wish I could blame it on acid but never tried it! (Unlike Hawkwind).

Re Martin Garrix antecedents, I was and am still listening to Kraftwerk & Tangerine Dream (RIP Edgar Froese)

Ah Hawkwind x2, wish I could blame it on acid but never tried it! (Unlike Hawkwind).
Nobody's fault but yours.
Re Martin Garrix antecedents, I was and am still listening to Kraftwerk & Tangerine Dream (RIP Edgar Froese)
Never got into Kraftwerk (haven't tried much). But I have a lot of Tangerine Dream - not all of it, of course. I only have about 180GB available on my phone for music.

Didn't know Froese is no longer with us (RIP)

pibbur who does repeat himself when under stress who does repeat himself when under stress who does repeat himself when under stress … and who knows where that comes from.

I examined the activities of Mr. Garrix.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RnBT9uUYb1w

Everyone involved should be severely punished. The lady in red sounds like she's singing into a glass of water, accompanied by some of the ringtones that came with my phone.

Last edited:
But were there project plans, sketches, proposals? These things take at least 9 months.

There was a prototype, which continues to demonstrate a number of irritating defects.

There was a prototype, which continues to demonstrate a number of irritating defects.

And they still decided to continue with the basic design?

pibbur who remember fondly Bertie Wooster who on several occasions seriously wondered why some of his intellectually, socially and above all mentally challenged aquaintances hadn't been eliminated by the parents back then when they had the chance.

Back
Top Bottom