Spellborn - Game Box and Pricing Information

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The chronicles of Spellborn will be available in two versions from the 27th of November.
Regular version:

• DVD box
  • A world map in A3 format
  • One month playing time
  • Manual on the DVD
Premium edition:

• Flap-box
  • 3 months playing time
  • 84 pages printed manual
  • 152 pages artbook
  • A world map in A3 format
  • An (at this time unknown) ingame item
At this point in time we are only aware of a release in Germany, where amazon.de has the two games listed for 16.99 and 39.99 Euros.
Images of the boxes and the artbook can be found in our gallery. There you can also find an image of the map.
After the release the client software will also be available as a trial version that is restricted to the start region of the game and stops functioning after the character reaches its seventh level.
The monthly fees are 12.99 Euro, 11.99 Euro for a 3 month period and 10.99 for 6 months. Besides that game cards can be purchased for 25.99 Euro with which it is possible to play for 60 days.
More information.

Pretty awsome price, but I fear this will be a fail anyway. I have to admit I know nothing about the game, but then again that's also what makes me think this way.

You know I've seen a bit of this game...I think it may find a nitch it falls into, I'm certainly interested.

Pretty awsome price, but I fear this will be a fail anyway. I have to admit I know nothing about the game, but then again that's also what makes me think this way.
That's an odd comment to make about a game you know nothing about.
The marketing on the game could have been done a lot better to give it more profile though. Especially as it isn't a bad game. Then again I might be biased as it's a Dutch company developing it :)

Curious, have you got to try it? I signed up for the beta but no go so far.

I'm not sure one is allowed to say he is playing in a beta version ;)

That's an odd comment to make about a game you know nothing about.
The marketing on the game could have been done a lot better to give it more profile though. Especially as it isn't a bad game. Then again I might be biased as it's a Dutch company developing it :)

I know it sounds arrogant. But over the past few years I developed a pretty good sense of what might or might not work. Of course that does not mean I could not be wrong on this one... after all it's just a feeling anyway. The game simply never really managed to catch my attention. Taking into account that rather prominent releases like AoC or WAR were not as successful as intended I'm not convinced that Spellborn will be able to get a lot of subscribers. The timing isn't overly brilliant either since WotLK was just released last week. Nonetheless I wish the team of Spellborn best of luck because more competition is exactly what the genre needs.

Well honestly I hope you are wrong.

Back
Top Bottom