KotOR 2 - Character Analysis: Kreia

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
nerdSlayer analyses Kreia from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 and finds an interesting philosophy behind her.

A character analysis on my favorite character ever. Please note Kreia's motivations are very complex, and it is likely I will not have covered every leaf possible.
More information.

This might sound cold -- and maybe it is -- but after playing KOTOR 2 several times, and then percolating on it, I decided that Kreia was actually a mother figure following the Exile around; giving the Exile advice, wanted or not ('cause that's what good mums do) -- and always being there to save the Exile from any unexpected jams, fix the unexpected hurts, rush Exile to the hospital if necessary, and kill any bad guy/monsters that might threaten Exile beyond Exile's then current growth level.

Kreia's big picture role was to help Exile grow up; see the world for what it really was -- not black and white (like kids see things), but composed of many shades of grey and complex (as per the the adult way of viewing things).

Finally Exile grows up -- realizes mum isn't perfect (mum isn't god) -- Exile leaves mum, and mum leaves Exile, and Exile now all grown up proceeds on the lonely adventure of life.

Cold right? Or maybe cold wrong.

__

This might sound cold -- and maybe it is -- but after playing KOTOR 2 several times, and then percolating on it, I decided that Kreia was actually a mother figure following the Exile around; giving the Exile advice, wanted or not ('cause that's what good mums do) -- and always being there to save the Exile from any unexpected jams, fix the unexpected hurts, rush Exile to the hospital if necessary, and kill any bad guy/monsters that might threaten Exile beyond Exile's then current growth level.

Kreia's big picture role was to help Exile grow up; see the world for what it really was -- not black and white (like kids see things), but composed of many shades of grey and complex (as per the the adult way of viewing things).

Finally Exile grows up -- realizes mum isn't perfect (mum isn't god) -- Exile leaves mum, and mum leaves Exile, and Exile now all grown up proceeds on the lonely adventure of life.

Cold right? Or maybe cold wrong.

__

I like your analysis. Either mom is happy with you and decides you need to take her place or she decides you are a failure that needs to be destroyed, in either case it strangely leads to the same outcome.

Back
Top Bottom