Space Siege - Cinematic Trailer

Now this is shallow; just like some second-rate action flick. Next!

No surprise here, it is Dungeon Siege in space. Maybe it's like Mass Effect but with story and role-playing elements removed.

This is the one button game, right? The combat (especially animations) looks remarkably clunky on that video.

There is nothing about that trailer that makes me want to buy this game. In fact, it makes me want to stay as far away from it as possible.

One button? You mean Space Siege requires actual user interaction to play?! Sounds like they've increased the complexity of the series since Dungeon Siege then. Gas Powered Games should take care not to alienate their fan base with too many extra layers of functionality; they should stick to their winning insert-the-disc-then-sit-back-and-watch formula.

Sounds like a screensaver instead ... ;)

It's always good to see developers visiting this site.

Yes, that's absolutely true.

One button? You mean Space Siege requires actual user interaction to play?! Sounds like they've increased the complexity of the series since Dungeon Siege then. Gas Powered Games should take care not to alienate their fan base with too many extra layers of functionality; they should stick to their winning insert-the-disc-then-sit-back-and-watch formula.

Don't worry they have done away with inventory and, if anything, the game is even more simplfied than Dungeon Siege.

This game will be a commercial flop and then they'll blame it on piracy.

It has already been announced for consoles. That's why they have to dumb it down so much.

I don't think that this game will sell on consoles either. It's not getting any hype and hype is what sells on consoles.

Even poor-to-average games seem to sell on consoles. They even make sequels (i.e just cause 2 was announced today) for them so the sales must be good.

As for hype just cause is good example. Crappy all-platform game from 2006 I have never heard of. Still (thanks to consoles?) it sold so well they are making a sequel.

I won't buy this game and I doubt that Chris Taylor will ever make another decent game again. He says now that games should have absolutely no learning curve and on a podcast, I was listening to he used Peggle as an example of what games should be. Games should basically be a passive experience like movies. The guy has gone off the deep end in a major way.

I fear that this won't be.

DS sold relatively well, or am I wrong ?

Lets see...one addon and two sequels (if this is counted)? I doubt they would make sequels if its not a cash cow.

DS got good reviews though - I cant understand how though. Perhaps the game sends out rays that disable peoples brains.

Back
Top Bottom