General News - Niche RPGs to watch in 2021 @ Niche Gamer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Niche Gamer watches out for these RPGs in 2021:

Niche Games to Watch in 2021: RPGs

Last time, I covered some of the cool shooters set to release throughout 2021. In today's article, I'll be highlighting some of the RPGs coming out this year. As with last time, I'll be focusing on some of the more niche, indie, or middleware RPGs releasing this year, as opposed to the big budget AAA extravaganzas.

Be they real-time or turn-based, first-person or isometric, chances are you'll find at least a few RPGs that will catch your attention here.

Here are Niche Gamer's selection of 20 of the promising RPG video games releasing in 2021:

• System Shock - Windows PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
  • Black Book - Windows PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
  • Magin: The Rat Project Stories - Windows PC, unspecified consoles
  • We are the Plague - Windows PC
  • Urban Strife - Windows PC
  • Cyber Knights: Flashpoint - Windows PC, mobile, unspecified consoles
  • Rise Eterna - Windows PC, Nintendo Switch
  • War of Ashird - Windows PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4
  • Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy - Windows PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5
  • Cris Tales - Windows PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Google Stadia
  • Gamedec - Windows PC, Nintendo Switch
  • Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Windows PC
  • The Iron Oath - Windows PC
  • Weird West - Windows PC
  • Alaloth: Champions of The Four Kingdoms - Windows PC, Xbox One
  • Death Trash - Windows PC
  • Colony Ship: A Post-Earth Role Playing Game - Windows PC
  • Dark Envoy - Windows PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
  • Black Legend - Windows PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
  • King Arthur: Knight's Tale - Windows PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X
[...]
Thank Rjshae!

More information.

Black Geyser is missing from the list.

Also, is Realms Beyond actually going to happen? There were no KS update since like March last year and I haven't heard any news about them finding any new investors.

Not sure I consider it an RPG, but I'm definitely looking forward to the System Shock remake. :)

Also, is Realms Beyond actually going to happen? There were no KS update since like March last year and I haven't heard any news about them finding any new investors.

Good question. Been awhile since I'd even seen it mentioned anywhere.

Black Geyser is missing from the list.

There have been updates on the Codex and Discord. Last-time I checked development was stalled due to finding a publisher. They had one lined up but haven't updated.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061618880&postcount=21

The project lead has stated if the deal fails they have to find other funding to finish.

Anyway this is a better list then most other sites.:cool:

I wouldn't consider the System Shock Remake sooooo niche, but I really liked the list. Lots of good RPGs incoming :)

But…. Where did you see that ELEX 2 will be released on 2021-07-01? Like, roughly 6 months from now???? (Not that I'm complaining)

Based on how mum PB has been about it, I'm really hoping Elex 2 is one of those games with a short turnaround between the date it's officially announced and when it's released. I'd love to see a Fallout 4 type of announcement -->release.

By far the more interesting list of the two posted :)

I have a lot of these games in my wishlist in Steam and others just following

They're still semi-active on their Discord forum, so I don't think it's dead yet. They haven't been forthcoming with much beyond that.

This is definitely on my wish list for this year or whenever it comes out. Particularly the toolset. Hopefully they can recover from their misfortunes and get it published.

Back
Top Bottom