Baldur's Gate: EE - 2.6.2.0 Patch

You'll not regret it, Vanedor, it's a fine game! I recommend getting it from either great old games or Beamdog themselves, unless you already own it, in which case I say, game on and enjoy!

I have just started a new game. You always forget how evil level 1 was in AD&D. Can't even go to -10 hps at 0 you are dead. Getting to lvl 2 actually takes some time. In modern games you would be lvl 5 in that time. I enjoy the difficulty at core rules but think death at 0 Hps is pretty harsh since that is one or two hits for most classes.

You really just have to play smart at the beginning, and not charge straight into fights without planning first. It gets much easier once you get a few more hit points for your folks. =)

You'll not regret it, Vanedor, it's a fine game! I recommend getting it from either great old games or Beamdog themselves, unless you already own it, in which case I say, game on and enjoy!

No worry, I have it already :) (on evil Steam, however :p ) . Last time I did play it was in 2014.

It's so one of the best game ever.

No worry, I have it already :) (on evil Steam, however :p ) . Last time I did play it was in 2014.

It's so one of the best game ever.
Steam is good in this case because it has the branch road_to_2.6, which should already be better than the previous version, for all the reasons in the article. I haven't encountered any issue, anyway.

Unfortunately they wouldn't put the beta on GOG, no idea why.

I have just started a new game. You always forget how evil level 1 was in AD&D. Can't even go to -10 hps at 0 you are dead. Getting to lvl 2 actually takes some time. In modern games you would be lvl 5 in that time. I enjoy the difficulty at core rules but think death at 0 Hps is pretty harsh since that is one or two hits for most classes.

Not only that, but I think they also changed how many HP you recover from resting in the EE version. I was playing it recently and noticed my party only got 1 HP from a standard 8 hour rest. I thought I remembered healing more than that in the original version.

I'm also playing on core rules now though as opposed to Normal difficulty, so maybe something is different there.

Good thing they only send their level 1 assassins to Candlekeep. ;)

Not only that, but I think they also changed how many HP you recover from resting in the EE version. I was playing it recently and noticed my party only got 1 HP from a standard 8 hour rest. I thought I remembered healing more than that in the original version.

I'm also playing on core rules now though as opposed to Normal difficulty, so maybe something is different there.
I have the same on Normal, it also surprised me how little they recovered.

Since I haven't played the original, I can't compare, but I checked both the original's and EE's manuals and they say the same, you don't recover much HP when camping in the wilds (no formula given, it must be in the D&D rules which I don't have).
You have to rent a room, and more comfy ones recover more HP. And priests can use healing spells (not sure if that's only the remaining ones but I guess so).

I have the same on Normal, it also surprised me how little they recovered.

Since I haven't played the original, I can't compare, but I checked both the original's and EE's manuals and they say the same, you don't recover much HP when camping in the wilds (no formula given, it must be in the D&D rules which I don't have).
You have to rent a room, and more comfy ones recover more HP. And priests can use healing spells (not sure if that's only the remaining ones but I guess so).

It's been awhile since I really played BG, so I'm probably just remembering it wrong. I also might have been using the "Rest until fully healed" option before.

You really just have to play smart at the beginning, and not charge straight into fights without planning first. It gets much easier once you get a few more hit points for your folks. =)

Play smart? What kind of crazy talk is that with my band of half-orc barbarians and dwarven berserkers. Crom, I have no time for your little mages in their silly hats. :biggrin:

Uhm, you aren't likely to find someone that eschews playing mage-types more than I do. My teams are usually 2-3 tanks, 2 rogues, one healer and maybe one mage/sorcerer. I tend to despise finger-wagglers, for the most part.

If they really do fix pathfinding then after the patch may be a good time to take that dive. The pathfinding is probably the only real gripe I have. 10/10 games.

I'm not really a modding guy but try the NPC Project for BG1 to make the companions chatty like in BG2.

kinda related, but i'm really excited to play the original baldur's gate on my vintage mac :biggrin: i know it's unpatched and all but i really want to experience it as they did back when the game came out. (also have several playthroughs of bg:ee and SoD too)

Back
Top Bottom