The TV Series discussion thread

if Hello Kitty and The Office had a baby it would be Aggretsuko.

It's an animated series on Netflix. 10 episodes and about 15 min each. It's about an office girl recently out of college and now working in an office. The only way she can escape the soul draining work environment is by singing Karaoke … Death Metal. The show has a lot of great characters and even the bad guys have dimensions that make them more understandable.

Lightning grant me your vengeance . . .

I was not into death metal before, but now I can understand and appreciate it.

OH, and the voice acting is great, yes even the English Dubbed. And it was really nice hearing the Death Metal in English.

Sanrio, went all out making an adult anime that did not suck. Kudos

I watched 2 episodes and was disapointed

The animated novels were excellent reads, and most of them were superior to the original series plots, in my opinion. It probably didn't hurt that some of them were written by some fairly decent authors.

The Animated Series

Ah ok. I forgot about that one. I've actually never seen it.

It's weird how the seriousness of the dialogue and music clashes with the animation in that clip. It's almost like some sort of parody to me. I'm sure it came off a lot differently in the 70's.

Stop to keep meaning and just do. ;)

I was never interested in the series when it originally aired, but binge-watched it years later and am very glad I did. It was very hard to get into when you hadn't seen everything from the beginning due to the overarching story line, contrary to Star Trek where every episode was pretty much self-contained.

Babylon 5 was expectionally good… It was a real phenomenon back then when it aired.

It's weird how the seriousness of the dialogue and music clashes with the animation in that clip. It's almost like some sort of parody to me. I'm sure it came off a lot differently in the 70's.

It sure did. The original series was unfairly cancelled in my young mind and TAS coming on only some 5 years later was like a miracle. And with basically the same cast. Plus it wasn't a silly Beatles or Archie or Scobby do show, it was a serious animated sci fi show, that to me carried on the tradition and canon almost perfectly. In spite of the Hanna Barbara type animation.

BTW, the DVD for TAS can be had for between 15 to 20 bucks just about anywhere.

In the nineties where I lived in the Annapolis area, they showed Deep Space Nine and Babylon Five back to back. We'd get together with our mates, whip up a huge batch of sushi and margarita's and watch them both, and between the four of us, we all agreed that Babylon Five was the superior show. Of course, we were simply pleased to have both to enjoy!

In the nineties where I lived in the Annapolis area, they showed Deep Space Nine and Babylon Five back to back. We'd get together with our mates, whip up a huge batch of sushi and margarita's and watch them both, and between the four of us, we all agreed that Babylon Five was the superior show. Of course, we were simply pleased to have both to enjoy!

There was a golden age of space sci-fi in the 90s, at the same time or very close together we had Star Trek TNG, DS9, Voyager, Babylon 5, Farscape and probably a few others I'm forgetting.

I tried, but I really couldn't get into Farscape, although I had friends that simply adored it. Another I'd add to your list would be X-Files, from close to the same time period.

There was a golden age of space sci-fi in the 90s, at the same time or very close together we had Star Trek TNG, DS9, Voyager, Babylon 5, Farscape and probably a few others I'm forgetting.

yeah quite a few, like Futurama, Earth Final Conflict, Sliders, Shatner's Tek War and probably the best show(.) of them all (at least in my top 3) Star Gate SG1

BTW, BBC America is running Star Trek and X Files all the time. Sometimes all day.,
also The El Rey Network is running Quantum Leap, and Star Gate, I believe everyday in the AM.

It's weird how the seriousness of the dialogue and music clashes with the animation in that clip. It's almost like some sort of parody to me.

Did you watch Sealab recently? Very similar animation, parody of 70's cartoons, quite funny and nonsensical / random, if you're into that sort of thing. There's also other parodies with similar 70's style animations, so when you see the "real thing" it's hard to take it very seriously..

I watched some american politicians the first time in Bad Lip Reading (very funny) on Youtube, later when i saw (or heard, rather) the real them i just laughed and couldn't take them seriously at all, they were comedy figures to me. First impressions last i guess.

Loved Babylon 5 but like NG it certainly suffers from early CG syndrome. As primarily a costume drama it’s still watchable. It alway had the best writing and best sense of “threat”. I’ve never seen a single episode of DS9 but it’s on my list certainly.

I tried, but I really couldn't get into Farscape, although I had friends that simply adored it. Another I'd add to your list would be X-Files, from close to the same time period.

Well I was mainly referring to space sci-fi that's why I didn't mention X-Files or even Stargate SG1 (though it comes close).

Just finished the first season of Cobra Kai.

I have no idea if it's 80s nostalgia from the original Karate Kid, but I though it was excellent. Felt like just the right balance of everything. Even the humour was just corny enough, to not be over the top. Looking forward to a 2nd season.

Just finished the first season of Cobra Kai.

I have no idea if it's 80s nostalgia from the original Karate Kid, but I though it was excellent. Felt like just the right balance of everything. Even the humour was just corny enough, to not be over the top. Looking forward to a 2nd season.

Glad to know that I wasn't the only one enjoying it! I was really surpised how enjoyable it turned out to be! They really found the perfect recipe. This is how an old classic should be revived. :)

Evil Genius on Netflix was a really great and interesting. Netflix really excels with these crime documentaries. Making a Murderer was best (and most shocking) so far, The Jinx was also really great with fantastic and quite shocking ending.

Anyone here caught Impulse set in the Jumper universe?

Back
Top Bottom