Are you Excited for Divinity: Original Sin 2?

Are you Excited for Divinity: Original Sin 2?

• Yes

Votes: 72 60.0%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 29 24.2%
  • Not really

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Absolutely Not

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I want Divinity 3

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
With the announcement of Original Sin 2, are you excited already

Somewhat - What I don't understand: Why haven't they released the Enhanced Edition first and started the Kickstarter with new momentum after that?

Since I still haven't played the original enhanced version yet, yet I kickstarted it way back when, I am a little annoyed with the delay of the enhanced edition, while they ask for more money...

not really, first one was boring and without atmosphere, couldnt finish it

Had to vote,not really,tried playing the first one a few times and got bored with it quickly..

Yeah I'm excited. They probably didn't want to launch a kickstarter too close to November/December due to all the new games being released.

Also If they delayed until January/February everyone is still paying off credit card bills for Christmas. Thats my theory, either that or they've reached a stage in development where they need to know where to take things aka the backer poll.

Very excited. To me D:OS was the best game of 2014, fairly above the single player mmo grind they called Dragon Age Inquisition.

Last edited:
I don't know. Should I be excited for it or for when they release the enhanced edition that is essentially a completely rewritten story and game?

Poll needs another option: Super-duper excited!

Well, I've watched the previous movie…pretty good, "actresses" and the scenes were varied and of top quality. But I'm hoping for better locations this time around, so we'll see…let's call it, (in)voluntarily suppressed optimism.

Maybe. Isomorphic is starting to wear thin but I did enjoy the first game a lot.

I voted yes, as I guess the question was really if I'm happy it's being made :)

I don't get too excited this far from release, but I think D:OS is one of the best cooperative games ever made - and it's a strong RPG, even if I don't personally like the approach to story telling and some of the more silly humor.

I don't think of games as either "gritty/dark" or "silly/juvenile". I think there's room for all kinds of games, and I prefer a story and world that I can get immersed in, which is hard with the Divinity games, for me.

My kind of humor/charm/warmth is more along the lines of games like Might and Magic, Fable and the old Kyrandia adventure games. I'd love a proper RPG in that kind of setting.

But I can't exactly expect them to change their entire approach just for me, so I'm expecting more of the same, really.

Meaning another fantastic cooperative game with a lot of meaty RPG mechanics. Even if they keep the silly unimmersive style, it'll be worth my time and more.

Voted "Somewhat" since I have not even played the first one yet even thought I am KS backer!

I went for not really. The beginning of the first one didn't grab my wife and me, and I'm waiting on the enhanced edition before making another attempt. Maybe that'll change my view. Seem strange for them not to wait to see how the EE does on consoles before saying 2 will have console versions.

Definitely - thoroughly enjoyed the first, insta-backed the KS ... but really won't think much more about it until much closer to launch. I am currently more interested in getting the EE of D:OS

Original Sin was so and so. Not bad, maybe good enough but inferior than Divinity 2.
They are making the KS early because they aren't very optimistic for the reception of the Divinity: Original Sin EE from the PC audience or maybe, the most likely, they are out of cash and they want to fund Divinity: Original Sin EE.
I could give them money only if I consider them trustworthy but I'm not very gullible.;)

I'd prefer a genuine sequel to Divine Divinity in all honesty (as it is my favorite of the Larian games) but considering the fantastic base combat system of Original Sin and overall role-playing and interactive possibilities in the game, it's difficult not to be at least somewhat excited at the prospect of a sequel. :)

Any company that perceives the importance of what Ultima VII did for RPGs and seeks to incorporate or improve upon those elements in their own game, has my respect. :)

Edit:
Conclusion: Voted Somewhat.

Last edited:
Something is inherently wrong with you if you are not excited about the notion of a sequel to one of the best RPGs of 2014 combat wise.

The combat was great at first, but not very well balanced. I was playing on hard difficulty and it initially provided a decent challenge, the combat soon became too easy. My party was obliterating everything and eventually I stopped playing midway through, because the other aspects of the game (i.e., the story) weren't holding my interest. I will give it another go with the enhanced edition.

I suppose I could've intentionally made things more difficult by not bringing along 2 companions or going to areas with higher level enemies... but neither one of those is very appealing from a role-playing perspective. I want to complete quests in an order that makes sense and not just because they are giving me the appropriate challenge...

I guess that's why I find open world RPGs overrated. Either they scale enemy levels, which is awful because it kills any sense of progression, or in the case of D:OS, the enemies have fixed levels and you end up deciding where to go based on the "suggested level" of a certain area... Until a developer can solve that dilemma, I'd prefer semi-linear RPGs with a strong story to the illusion of being able to go anywhere.

But the main issue I had with D:OS was not the combat but the awful random loot system... I'd prefer less frequent, hand-placed loot to finding (possibly slightly better) random crap found in every barrel, crate, and chest.

August 26th can't get here fast enough. I just hope the release is sometime in 2016.

Back
Top Bottom