Fallout 4 - A Final Goodbye

Obvious is that you need to come down pops… I tried reasoning with you but w/e .. Anger itself is not a problem…. The trouble arises when your anger becomes uncontrollable, and you lose control of your behavior. ..This loss of reason and rationality can result in all sorts of problems, including erratic behavior, violence, abuse, addictions and the inability to fully process reality.

I'm not the violent type. As for addiction and the inability to fully process reality it's my problem, I'll live with that.

You have a very odd definition of fan fiction if an established author of dozens of published works fits your definition. Just because someone is paid to write in an established mythos doesn't equate to being a fan fiction writer, you know?

Fan fiction != writing in a series established by others.

Of course, maybe I'm just defending the guy cause he was born in my home town… like Tim Seely.

That's why I said it's not quite fan fiction. But the work I know from Stackpole was really the guy being paid to write about universes not created by him (certainly he has his own works and I'm not familiar with them, but I cleraly remember the Battletech fiction).

I see lots of Bethesda Boys here defending their popcorn fun :devilish:

And I could say I see a lot of Bethesda haters defending their hate. See that cuts both ways :)

Make and argument and defend it, otherwise you got nothing.

And I could say I see a lot of Bethesda haters defending their hate. See that cuts both ways :)

Make and argument and defend it, otherwise you got nothing.
No, that would mean there are no other bad games to hate on. I equally hate all bad games :p

lol...

Van Buren seemed the only viable Fallout sequel after the amazing 1,2 and Tactics!

Somebody dared to say what I was saying from the beginning: "Fallout 4 destroys everything the Fallout series was built on."

How about F3 did that too?

Thsi comment in the article makes no sense:

The latest entry into the franchise bucked the trend, and bucked it hard. No longer was the story directed by the player. With a new found focus on linear narrative, Fallout 4 pushed and nudged the player forward.

Seriously? In Fallout 3, which the author says he liked, you had to find your father, no choice, you had to ally with the Bos, no choice, you had to destroy the Enclave, no choice. Yes, in Fallout 4 you are married and have a child, yet in Fallout 4, you can ally with various factions, and destroy various factions. all your choice. There is far more choice in Fallout 4 than Fallout 3. Did he even play these two games?

No, that would mean there are no other bad games to hate on. I equally hate all bad games :p

Your comment makes no sense whatsoever. What does that have to do that your own argument can be turned against you, and that you have done nothing to support any argument that you have made. It's not even responding to the argument I made, LOL!

Who?

Love this site but some of the "news" is plucked from absolute obscurity. Anybody can publish nonsense on the web - doesn't make it true or more worthy than any other opinion, regardless of whether the source is known or not.

I don't think FO4 is anything ground breaking. It's more of the same - but since that "same" was pretty good, I don't think it's a bad thing. Could they do more with it? Sure. Could they improve their wonky engine? One would hope. Could they stop designing for console peons and raise their standards? Of course they could but Bethesda seems content to design for the (very) least common denominator to chase dollars more than than rock the boat.

The game is still fun even if it's not some ultra amazing RPG. It has plenty of cool story lines and content and for me, it has far more enjoyable gameplay than a lot of other popular more FPSy games.

NV was clearly the best because it was done by Obsidian

Your comment makes no sense whatsoever. What does that have to do that your own argument can be turned against you, and that you have done nothing to support any argument that you have made. It's not even responding to the argument I made, LOL!
Maybe because I am not a native English speaker… what I wanted to say is that you cannot call someone a Bethesda hater for saying bad stuff about bethesda games because they are just another crap in the sea of crappy games and we talk same bad about all that crap.

Seems to me that some people have a hard time accepting change. If they liked a first version. any subsequent version which includes changes is bad by definition.

Distrust of change is nothing new ('Give me that old time religion.' 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it.' 'The pioneers get all the arrows.')

On the other hand, some don't like anything that isn't wholly composed of all new parts. Anything else is "Been there done that". Stale.

Others are willing to give a try to a new spin on an old hat. If it moves well, looks good and feels good, they're off and running even if they're not running with the same old duck.

There's a lot to be said for 'to each their own'. Variety is definitely the spice of life in my book; applied to both games and to gamers.

I have personally enjoyed FO4 in both its newness and oldness and despite various limitations. I particularly like the settlement building addition -- being able to make things better is a welcome addition IMO.

Happy to be playing this one.

__

Last edited:
Oh boy, more Bethesda hate. I can't get enough of it.

NV is one of the best RPGs ever.

FO3 is a good game, a very good game, nothing wrong with it, just that the environments are depressing … something about the colors, it's almost monotone looking, and the ending is the worst ending in a game of all time. That is my first Fallout game. I can't stand old school isometric overhead view games. I had to make an exception for DOS since it's such a fantastic game, and you can zoom in very close. And POE, it's ok too. But the older ones with the pixely graphics, can't do it.

FO4 is good. I have to go back and play more after I get done with Dragon's Dogma, man that game is addicting.

NV is made by Obsidian and it is a decent game but not because of terrible F3 engine but in spite of it.

I'm still knee-deep in F4 after 100+ hours, and while I'm having fun with some aspects of it, I really can't help but get an empty feeling with most of the game. I enjoy the settlement-building concept, but I'm hesitant to find out, as I progress, that it has absolutely no bearing on the game or story (don't tell me…) I really just hope I'm not wasting my time with all this if there is no resolution or point to it other than sandbox building shit. The rest of the game feels clunky and shallow, and I can't put my finger on it, because I still enjoy playing it. But it's apparent to me that it will be a forgettable experience overall, and it has virtually zero replayability. I'm trying not to read a lot of posts so as not to spoil the story/finale, but I'm hoping to figure out just what isn't right in a more tangible way.

Well for me it's the re-spawning enemies, loot, and radiant missions and shallow NPC interactions. If that had been cut out / deepened, I would have been a lot happier. Having 4 factions to play with is great though.

I just reached the point in the story that has me wondering, "WTF? What exactly is the point of this narrative?" Having a difficult time convincing myself to keep playing.

Back
Top Bottom