Selling old "big box" PC games, where?

I wouldn't sell the Ultima games or Arena and BaK.

I'd love to get my hands on a boxed copy of Arena if it was in good condition.

I doubt i'd find even 1 buyer in the whole of Sweden, its an extremely small market. But FB is probably good advice, there must be international groups too i bet.. gonna have a look, thanks for the suggestion!
I have been trading, buying and selling big box PC games for like 25 years. On e-bay, forums, game trading sites etc. Sweden is actually in top five markets in Europe for me. After Germany, UK, Spain and Netherlands. I don`t deal with Italian customers for obvious reason - worst post service in the world.

Ebay used to be a great platform for selling certain items, but the fees have become ridiculous.

I can remember when it used to be around 5% of the total sale to sell something on Ebay, but now it's something like 13% or more between Ebay and Paypal fees. I don't use them anymore unless it's a last resort.
That was like way in the past. It is actually better platform now since you don`t have to pay entry fee for listing an item at any price. No selling = no fees. And there is also 180 days paypal protection as I don`t use money transfer outside my country.
The biggest problem I see are not ebay or paypal fees but ridiculous international shipping rates around the world. They went up like 3x in the past dozen years.

That was like way in the past. It is actually better platform now since you don`t have to pay entry fee for listing an item at any price. No selling = no fees.

I can't agree. The listing fees were minimal and only amounted to a small % of what they took. Ebay takes a much larger % of your overall sale now than they did 10 years ago.

I have been trading, buying and selling big box PC games for like 25 years. On e-bay, forums, game trading sites etc. Sweden is actually in top five markets in Europe for me. After Germany, UK, Spain and Netherlands. I don`t deal with Italian customers for obvious reason - worst post service in the world.

That's interesting and good to know :) You have PM btw.

@JDR: you're interested in Arena?

I collect big box games and would be interested in at least some of them. I would perhaps be willing to take the lot if price and shipping don't get out of hand. I live in Copenhagen btw.

Sendt fra min SM-G935F med Tapatalk

That was like way in the past. It is actually better platform now since you don`t have to pay entry fee for listing an item at any price. No selling = no fees. And there is also 180 days paypal protection as I don`t use money transfer outside my country.
The biggest problem I see are not ebay or paypal fees but ridiculous international shipping rates around the world. They went up like 3x in the past dozen years.

I agree. Ebay can take their fees and you still make a bundle.

International shipping sucks. The prices are crazy. And when you have to declare items at high values, well, it can get ugly. It's still worth it, definitely, to ship worldwide. Just make sure you leave enough headroom to take care of the costs.

I collect big box games and would be interested in at least some of them. I would perhaps be willing to take the lot if price and shipping don't get out of hand. I live in Copenhagen btw.

Sendt fra min SM-G935F med Tapatalk

Sure, just PM me.

I could be interested in selling all (or a bunch of them), but keep in mind that some of these sells for a lot on Ebay (well, you already know this if you collect). Arena sells for around 80 to 190 euro (checked the recent "sold" listings there), but obviously i can give a better price if you buy a few or all though :)

We would spell it "Sven" ;) Common name for those who happen to be 80+ here..

Mohamed is a far more popular name now, so Mohamadlist or perhaps Gustavlist :D

Salaam Alaikum, Vurt.

May Allah bless your trades with many buyers. :)

Salaam Alaikum, Vurt.

May Allah bless your trades with many buyers. :)

Thanks, i'll be sure to let the Allah dude know if something not goes my way. "I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger!"

Back
Top Bottom