Divinity: Original Sin II - Modding Tutorial Video

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming Divinity: Original Sin 2 is beginning to develop a modding scene and now there is a video on how to mod the game.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 – New modding tutorial video shows how you can create your first level

Larian Studios has shared a new modding tutorial video in which the developers show how you can create your first level and place it into your GM campaign or onto Steam Workshop. As you may have guessed, Divinity: Original Sin 2 fully supports mods and according to the team, there are currently over 500 mods for it on Steam Workshop.

[...]

More information.

Just imagine NWN total conversion mod - where Tomi Undergallows won't die because of stupid AI.
Maybe I wouldn't talk about NWN so negative any more.

This is a great start! If Larian can keep these going in this way, as a series, then I think the prospect of a fervent modding scene for DOS2 is a definite possibility. I think the level of detail was perfect for new users, which is what we need. Once I finish the main campaign (probably half-way thru at the point), I plan to try a few "test" mods out to get my feet wet. And if that is successful, will do something a bit more elaborate. I might revisit some old ideas from NWN1.... hmm..... <rubs hands together vigorously in thought>

One thing I don't like about DOS2 is the overuse of surfaces. I get it, you can use surfaces for stuff tactically, but it is too frequent (as in... every battle), where I would prefer it to be much less frequent. I guess a mod that removes blood pools on hits (only on kills) would make it better for me.

A Divine Divinity mod would be great. It is even likely that Larian Studios would help out in that area.
Swen already mentioned a few years ago that the beginning of Divine Divinity was converted to the DOS 1 engine, just to see if it could be done and it resulted in a working prototype of sorts, so it should be possible.

Back
Top Bottom