Neverwinter Nights: EE - Interview with Trent Oster

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Trent Oster answered some questions from Techraptor about Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition.

Dungeons & Dragons is a long-running role-playing game, and Wizards of the Coast is sitting on a treasure trove of adventures that could be adapted to this new platform. Unfortunately, there is no current work underway for adapting any of WOTC’s modules to Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, but Trent Oster hasn’t ruled them out entirely, stating that they’d “love to bring some of the greats to the platform and we’re always talking with the Wizards of the Coast about the potential.” It’s crystal clear that Beamdog is in it for the long haul with this game.

As with all games, the first Neverwinter Night‘s had its fair share of cut content. Some bits of unused dialogue and code still remain in the game, and archives of a rumored original design document mean that there’s a lot of potential for restoration of missing material. Originally, Beamdog had no plans to tinker with the core games and simply upgrade them with the planned graphical improvements, but community feedback has led to them re-examining that stance. We may see some of the game’s missing bits brought back to life, though how exactly that will play out is still up in the air.

[...]
More information.

Yep, Bumdog are going to milk this cow til it drops.

The release is far too soon. Most I can see is putting in a little of the unused content. I can't see them recreating the original plot without paying change to whatever Interplay is these days, and Witch's Wake part 2 I doubt has even been started yet.

Yep, Bumdog are going to milk this cow til it drops.

I hope so. I cowculate that they need to hoof it and get mooving. Them's udderly nice teats!

I never got into NWN... I played a lot of NWN2, and loved it, but the crappy graphics, clunky UI, and lack of being able to create a party really turned me off.
I guess EE may change that!.. hopefully!

Well I'll keep buying their remasters as they play better then the originals. Yes I said that as modding infinity games takes to much time, and often leads to errors installing.

I never stopped playing NWN 1&2 due to all the mods, and love the facelift it's getting.

Beamdog is like the new Spiderweb to me, if they keep recreating games that I enjoy and work on my current machines, I'll keep buying them. And they are local folk, so even more incentive for me.

Back
Top Bottom