Fallout: New Vegas - Teaser Trailer

At last a video about the game. Although video doesn't tell us much.

I'm not sure how to feel. The giant War of the Worlds robots felt a little out of character in the fallout universe, nothing was ever that big, everything was "human" sized. Though, from a 50s future standpoint, they would have fit right in with the fiction of the time.

New Vegas looked awfully intact and lit up.

Was that a ragged NCR flag at the end?

Yep, Las Vegas intact, NCR flag. I hope this means that there will be more politics in New Vegas. I enjoyed that aspect in Fallout 2. I also think that the intact Las Vegas is an interesting twist.

I agree that the trailer looks less like Fallout than what Bethesda put out for Fallout 3. It's funny that the people at No Mutants Allowed decided to like it even though they hated Fallout 3.

The giant War of the Worlds robots felt a little out of character in the fallout universe, nothing was ever that big, everything was "human" sized.

It looked roughly human sized to me. I think it's just the angle of where the camera rested that makes it look larger.

Was that a ragged NCR flag at the end?

Yeah, I would definitely say it was a New California Republic flag. :)

It looked roughly human sized to me. I think it's just the angle of where the camera rested that makes it look larger.
Yeah, I would definitely say it was a New California Republic flag. :)

Perhaps you're right, I watched it again, it may be just the camera angle.

Upon closer inspection in HD the flag is an NCR flag but it's a combination of the 2 flags at http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/New_California_Republic

It's the 2 headed bear but on Avellone's NCR background, the flag that more closely resembles the real California flag. You can clearly see the 1 bear head looking up.

I am hopeful that Obsidian will come up with some interesting writing, but since they are working with the limited, console-centric Fallout 3 to begin with I'm not sure how much freedom they were given to innovate.

I found the teaser disappointing. I was expecting something a little more original than that…

Well, it's only as vapid as the Fallout 3 announcement video, and unfortunately using the same kind of Inon Zur(-like?) music for the latter part.

...but since they are working with the limited, console-centric Fallout 3 to begin with I'm not sure how much freedom they were given to innovate.

OK I'll bite. What limitation are you referring too? The game world is huge, looks great, runs great. The Pep Boy interface is pretty clever and realistic considering how much of my life is on my Blackberry. Hot keys for most things. Is this a urination on tradition thing again?

Well, it's only as vapid as the Fallout 3 announcement video, and unfortunately using the same kind of Inon Zur(-like?) music for the latter part.

What annoyed me was the "War never changes" bit at the end. I would have thought they could be a bit more inventive than to recycle that.

I am hopeful that Obsidian will come up with some interesting writing, but since they are working with the limited, console-centric Fallout 3 to begin with I'm not sure how much freedom they were given to innovate.

What games are you referring to that make FO3 look mediocre? Boarderlands? DA:O? Ha! Throw some mods at FO3 and come back and say that. A mildly tweaked FO3 is more original than any game that I can think of that has come out in a long time.

I think its software companies that start with B...bioware and bethesda....hated by the zealots everywhere:)

I love it. This looks great btw. Loved part 3(yes I loved the 1st two as well.)

Looks good to me.

What games are you referring to that make FO3 look mediocre? Boarderlands? DA:O? Ha! Throw some mods at FO3 and come back and say that. A mildly tweaked FO3 is more original than any game that I can think of that has come out in a long time.

Crysis of course(but max out crysis make all games look mediocre), why do you need mod if you think the game look good anyway? may be it truly look mediocre and i can't stand moonwalking in Bethesda's games. Oh, and Borderland look better and more stylish than Fallout 3.

OK I'll bite. What limitation are you referring too? The game world is huge, looks great, runs great. The Pep Boy interface is pretty clever and realistic considering how much of my life is on my Blackberry. Hot keys for most things. Is this a urination on tradition thing again?
CENTER]

Lighten up, Francis - Fallout 3 is an action-centric shooter/RPG hybrid with a focus on delivering quick levels, quick achievements, and easy pick-up-and play. Those are limitations, just like the small areas of Dragon Age are limitations - whenever you enter the space of an existing game you have limitations. The fact that the game is console-centric and needs to continue the tradition of making sure everything is console-first sets further limitations. The further fact that the writing and story and characters of Fallout 3 were very limited and took a back seat to a huge open world (as fits with Bethesda's strengths) is yet another set of limitations.

Back
Top Bottom