The Witcher Adventure Game - Released on GOG

abharsair

Grumpmaster
Not sure if it qualifies as an RPG, but The Witcher Adventure Game certainly has some RPG-elements and we have plenty of The Witcher fans here (including me), so posting news about its release on GOG is probably warranted. The price in its first week is $8.99, after which it will increase to $9.99.

The Witcher Adventure Game takes players on a journey across the world of the Witcher as they assume the roles of four distinct characters known from the books and video games: Geralt of Rivia, monster slayer; Triss Merigold, cunning sorceress; Yarpen Zigrin, dwarven warrior; and Dandelion, roguish bard. Each character has unique skills and multiple ways of overcoming obstacles - the choice is yours: do you fight your way to victory, call on your charm or try your hand at diplomacy? It's the true spirit of board gaming brought straight to your computer screen. Set in the mature and brutal world of The Witcher the game features 4 unique heroes with different skills and approaches to problem solving. With clear, simple rules and intuitive mechanics, tons of quest cards allow players to tell a new tale every time they play. Look adventure in the eye in a world with which you'll fall in love!
More information.

It's a really great board game. If you're into board games and the Witcher universe, there's tons of content there and diverse games to be played.

If you're not playing with friends you have to play it with random people online, with which I have no experience.

I also saw it in the app store, perhaps i'll pick it up for my ipAd.

Anybody know if its any good?
It was a great game as I tested it at Gen Con with the Dev's. But like all good board games- it is better with friends I am sure. I have a friend who already bought it on the Steam sale and I almost pushed "buy" until you said it was in the App store. I prefer my board games on the Ipad- if I am going to be alone playing it I want to be in a coffee shop not at my PC lol-
Will try it with PC multiplayer- that may be the ticket for a cross country board gaming session.

Just an FYI, the video game version (at least on the PC) can be played single player against AI opponents. I have no clue how fun it is, and would assume playing against other players would be much better, but the option is there.

Is there an actual physical version of this, also? It looks neat.

There is a physical version, if It is not out yet it will be coming out. Version I tested was the physical version. It was interesting to play as each of the different major what your characters. Each one played completely different , each character having better advantages in certain areas.
I was chatting with the buddy online last night who was playing the computer version against the AI. He said he was having a blast, and it was a typically well-done fantasy flight game. In other words, fantastic artwork, great music, great gameplay. He said I was insane not to drop nine dollars on such a quality product so being Thanksgiving I generously open my wallet yet again .

I can do another post after I had a go at it. Please don't expect a detailed review,
I may be far too generous on fantasy flight as a company, as I am on many of their products, but I feel you can't go wrong with such , as they put out only quality products

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom