Anime Discussion Thread

Ok. I will concede that Steins;Gate 0 is not quite as good as the first. First act is almost always better because of character introductions. They did a great job of dealing with the ending and did not fully replicate that in the sequel. It does still have pacing problems and the dark themes do make it less fun but it is still top tier stuff.

I do watch Black Clover and it is a guilty pleasure thus "no comment" but its got some serious problems. I really loved the second arc opening credits though; great use of animation with killer soundtrack.

I'm saddest about Goblin Slayer already being over for now though I read that it might get a second series.

Steins Gate 0, is great,no doubt. Close to the end. And loving it.

I assume that you liked Goblin Slayer,then. Glad to hear that there is a plan for another season,so that is good news. Planing to watch that next. Seems like an interesting one.

Anime is my kind of drugs. I mean it heals me.
There was a time I was really afraid of films about zombies. Fortunately, I've tried to watch anime of the same genre. It wasn't scary at all! Since that time I've been not afraid of zombies anymore.
BTW High school of the dead is classic, but I like School-Live! most of all.

Just finished Clannad After Story for the first time today so that would be my answer. Very high 9/10's for both seasons.

I still have to buy an album of them. I should have done it earlier, since it's Irish music.

This thread is about anime, not about bands and not about certain one Enya escaped from. :)

WEll, there was the name Clannad … :lol:

Why do japanese artists so often have to use European names ? :lol:

I mean … Elfen Lied … Do the people in Japan even realize what that means ?

Anyway, I ordered Enya's very first album "The Frog Prince" yesterday. ;)

They do realize what words mean, but I'm not sure you should watch that particular anime. It's not peachy. Nor pacifist. ;)

I mean … Elfen Lied … Do the people in Japan even realize what that means ?

It's named after the song Elfenlied which is featured in the manga/anime…

And I don't think you should watch it...

Speaking of things Alrik probably shouldn't watch: The Promised Neverland...

Have to agree as it's horror. Can't say yet if it'll be any good though, but the first episode was promising. Another one with promising starting episode he shouldn't watch is Dororo - has somewhat yucky scenes and if his imagination is vivid, the fate of the one of mains is perhaps too much for him to take.

The one I'd give him as birthday present is (IMO overrated) Made in Abyss, but only if I'd be able to see his face during the 10th episode. ;)

Have to agree as it's horror. Can't say yet if it'll be any good though, but the first episode was promising.

Depends how they adapt the manga which is pretty good (although I feel like I read that story before). It's apparently only 12 episodes though, with the first covering the first chapter only, which means either they will be skipping lots of stuff or won't go far into it considering there is over 100 chapters available.

The one I'd give him as birthday present is (IMO overrated) Made in Abyss, but only if I'd be able to see his face during the 10th episode. ;)

joxer!

By stating "probably shouldn't watch",that implies = totally should watch it. Right? :)
Mr. Alrik does not like horror? If so,then I understand.

"...be able to see his face during the 10th episode."
Joxer,you little devil,you! :D :devil:

Well "the forbidden fruit always tastes the sweetest". ;)

Highly recommend looking up Lilium aka the Elfenlied Opening Credits on youtube (I like both original and Griffin Chorus versions) particularly if one also likes Enya (though only Orinoco Flow was only truly good work).

I'll stay out of the discussion regarding whether one should watch the anime. First ep is definitely one of note however.

--
I suppose can update on watching while here:
Finished Log Horizon which I thought was uneven but good enough to get caught up.
The Rise of the Shield Hero - Yet another gamers trapped in mmo. Surprisingly much better than expected (this is winter simulcast I think) but only 1 ep so far. Darker and more amusing than I expected.
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime - See Title. Just started watching and found better than expected (was avoiding this expecting to be kawaii). Surprisingly good given main char is a slime.

Last edited:
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime - See Title. Just started watching and found better than expected (was avoiding this expecting to be kawaii). Surprisingly good given main char is a slime.

A kawaii slime!

Hard to fathom that Ergo Proxy gets so little attention. Probably the best "serious", dark sci fi anime series in the last five years or so. It starts slow but by the 2nd or 3rd episode it really hooks.

That link you posted is a massive spoiler. You don't know what is going on until about half way through the series.
The debate about whether AI can be trusted to assume higher function authority & oversight in our lives is the theme - and how they react when they realize the job is temporary. They act like us with self preservation of power and authority. Imagine a self aware Tesla that knows you are going to junk the car. Perhaps it sends you through the windshield instead?

It's named after the song Elfenlied which is featured in the manga/anime…

I have never heard so far from a song called "Elfenlied". Interesting, that there isn't even any German-language Wikipedia page about that.

Besides, I wrote something similar long ago, but I will hide it, just in case someone cames and uses it. ;)

I still don't understand why this particuular title was chosen, since the series doesn't seem to contain any Elfen. Especially not singing ones.

I still don't understand why this particuular title was chosen, since the series doesn't seem to contain any Elfen. Especially not singing ones.

It's probably a metaphor about the main character, who isn't exactly human.

Back
Top Bottom