Review of Mass Effect: Andromeda - Page 9 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Review of Mass Effect: Andromeda

Default Review of Mass Effect: Andromeda

May 2nd, 2017, 19:59
I actually liked it but you have to admit it Bobo that the same amount of info could be fitted into 20 to 30 minutes?
--
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." H. L. Mencken

zahratustra

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

May 2nd, 2017, 21:17
So is this a game worth playing ?

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)

May 3rd, 2017, 08:41
Worth playing, yes like plenty, required playing, not like all.

Myself I suggest wait at least next patch, or perhaps even more. The no save bugs and the spawning bugs can be very tedious even if not game breaking.

Dasale

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

May 3rd, 2017, 08:43
Originally Posted by you View Post
Depends on your preferences

But your question is short and lacking in detail, so my answer will be likewise:

Yes, I think it's worth playing.

NewDArt

Mentioned: Post(s)

May 3rd, 2017, 13:41
Originally Posted by Dasale View Post
bugs can be very tedious even if not game breaking.
I can confirm this.

There is a general problem in the game caused by the lead designer's decision to use trashmob respawns in the game instead of handplaced and finite number. What happens is that respawn triggers also switch states of quests (not toggle where you could move away then back to correct a borked variable!) whereas in plenty of quests happens a quest objective despawns or simply becomes irresponsive as if the quest was already finished.
Uggh, this sounds complicated and confusing now. I'm just not sure how to explain it better.

A few main story quests can be broken by a player because of the game base design. This outdated godlike trashmobs design is there to stay, and because of it being poor, fixing all possibilities where a queststopper and sometimes gamestopper bug can occur will be pain - I'm not even sure if Bioware will be able to deal with it completely. I know I wouldn't be, but then again, I wouldn't base my game on respawns anyway.

I never thought I'll say there is a lead designer worse than Josh Sawyer. Well, there is.

Originally Posted by you View Post
Yes. Buy.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Review of Mass Effect: Andromeda