ELEX - The Cleric Faction - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » ELEX - The Cleric Faction

Default ELEX - The Cleric Faction

September 12th, 2017, 09:53
You can learn more about the Clerics of ELEX in the following trailer:

ELEX - Gameplay Trailer - The Cleric Faction

loading…


The site of the meteor’s impact, Ignadon is driven by constant volcanic activity. Thought to be devoid of life, Ignadon was the perfect hiding place for the Clerics to grow in power. Followers of the god Calaan, the Clerics see the consumption of Elex in any form as a sin. Instead they use Elex to power their machines. Guardians of Magalan’s technology, the Clerics put their faith in Calaan, plasma weapons, mechs and the power of industry. From the ashes shall rise a new Magalan even more advanced than before.
More information.
HiddenX is offline

HiddenX

HiddenX's Avatar
The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#1

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NRW/Germany
Posts: 12,474
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

September 12th, 2017, 09:53
Hm… in this trailer the relase is announced for "2017" while in the cinematic trailer (from back in June) it was October 17th.
So perhaps they'll push it back?
Morrandir is online now

Morrandir

Morrandir's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#2

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,541
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Default 

September 12th, 2017, 11:26
I hope it got delayed. They could really use more time to spend on animation and inevitable bugs.
borovnica is offline

borovnica

Watchdog

#3

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default 

September 12th, 2017, 11:54
ELEX will be the greatest game of all time.
TheSHEEEP is offline

TheSHEEEP

TheSHEEEP's Avatar
Sentinel

#4

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 481
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

September 12th, 2017, 12:38
Under the Trailer is written:
ELEX, the Open World Action RPG, takes place in a post-apocalyptic Science-Fantasy Universe and will be released on Oct 17th 2017 for PC, PS4™ and Xbox One!
HiddenX is offline

HiddenX

HiddenX's Avatar
The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#5

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NRW/Germany
Posts: 12,474
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)

Default 

September 12th, 2017, 13:14
Originally Posted by borovnica View Post
I hope it got delayed. They could really use more time to spend on animation and inevitable bugs.
The community will be on bugs just like with Risen games. That includes me - I did the compiled list of R3 bugs on it's official site forum, it's gone now but everything I noted there was patched by PB. Risen games were not bugridden, there were a few bugs in each but PB didn't just leave games broken, they fixed everything (bugs, not poor design decisions like QTE in R2). At least on PC.
Expect the same thing here.

I'd be surprised if animations get any additional work. The game is not PC exclusive, it ain't a blockbuster project and Pluto13 is not CDpr when it comes to number of employees. Additionally, the publisher did not hire Platige to make a trailer, if they did and are holding it for release I apologize, but there is not a single word on that.

The game IMO already looks great, but three questions remain. And we won't know answers on those till it's released.
First one is humor. No or rare humor = -1 to score. You may disagree but I'm sick of dead serious garbage like Prey. I want and I need to laugh like crazy. You don't? Well, there are plenty of MMOs if you don't.
Second one is what crpgnut would call a sausage fest. I'm not saying the game has to be the last man on earth surrounded by amazons only, but cmon, at least some boobs should make a cameo. Yea, they promised…. Promises, promises.
The third one is connected to the second and is about generally hated here - romances. While I'll agree that it's better not having it than adding cheesy crap just because, I'm tired already of games of Wrex philosophy "shoot stuff and don't die". I need reasons to play through a game, and saving the world can be the major one but what's life without "distractions".
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#6

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 22,311
Mentioned: 178 Post(s)

Default 

September 12th, 2017, 16:19
The trailer was chock full of cheesy sci-fi jargon, that's for sure.
'By the forests of Magalan, deep in the caves of flurglewurgle, we stand alone in our manly armor - scorning desks, comfy chairs and the need to take a pee, devoted to saving the world. Now see me wield my not-a-lightsaber glowing sword +100!'
Madjack is offline

Madjack

Watcher

#7

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default 

September 12th, 2017, 16:39
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
The community will be on bugs just like with Risen games. That includes me - I did the compiled list of R3 bugs on it's official site forum, it's gone now but everything I noted there was patched by PB. Risen games were not bugridden, there were a few bugs in each but PB didn't just leave games broken, they fixed everything (bugs, not poor design decisions like QTE in R2). At least on PC.
Expect the same thing here.

I'd be surprised if animations get any additional work. The game is not PC exclusive, it ain't a blockbuster project and Pluto13 is not CDpr when it comes to number of employees. Additionally, the publisher did not hire Platige to make a trailer, if they did and are holding it for release I apologize, but there is not a single word on that.

The game IMO already looks great, but three questions remain. And we won't know answers on those till it's released.
First one is humor. No or rare humor = -1 to score. You may disagree but I'm sick of dead serious garbage like Prey. I want and I need to laugh like crazy. You don't? Well, there are plenty of MMOs if you don't.
Second one is what crpgnut would call a sausage fest. I'm not saying the game has to be the last man on earth surrounded by amazons only, but cmon, at least some boobs should make a cameo. Yea, they promised…. Promises, promises.
The third one is connected to the second and is about generally hated here - romances. While I'll agree that it's better not having it than adding cheesy crap just because, I'm tired already of games of Wrex philosophy "shoot stuff and don't die". I need reasons to play through a game, and saving the world can be the major one but what's life without "distractions".
I'm not opposed to poon but humor can be tough for a worldwide audience. For instance, Original Sin is just dumb to me. I loved the humor in the first two games though. The skeleton that dies when he asks about the logic of him being alive, etc. Putting flowers on the grave and getting the just rewards of that action. These were nice. Tough balancing act.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
crpgnut is offline

crpgnut

crpgnut's Avatar
Skyrim Worshipper
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#8

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA
Posts: 8,037
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

Default 

September 12th, 2017, 17:17
From what I have seen in the let's plays, the humor in the German version (yeah, I know… "humor" and "German" does not compute, right? ) is quite OK.
There are dialogue choices that are a bit of a "trap" (stupid questions) and the NPCs will react accordingly like "Are you even paying attention, fuckwit?".
I guess it all depends on the translation and English localization how much of that makes it over into the English version of the game.
It is certainly not dead serious and very similar in tone to previous PB games including some outright silly stuff, too.
Moriendor is offline

Moriendor

Moriendor's Avatar
SasqWatch

#9

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,113
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Default 

September 12th, 2017, 17:31
Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
(yeah, I know… "humor" and "German" does not compute, right? )
What are you talking about?
Hint: Toni Erdmann
What? Never heard? *sigh*

Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
There are dialogue choices that are a bit of a "trap" (stupid questions) and the NPCs will react accordingly like "Are you even paying attention, fuckwit?".
Can these result with an unwanted (but actually wanted for XP and loot) fight or like in FO2 if you push a certain dialogue tree - with forced marriage?
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#10

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 22,311
Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

September 13th, 2017, 02:06
That trailer looked really good. I dig the diverse settings in this game. One minute it looks like a classic fantasy setting, then fallout, then sci fi. Really looking forward to it.
DarNoor is offline

DarNoor

Keeper of the Watch

#11

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 713
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

September 13th, 2017, 02:12
I actually prefer no humor unless of course it's a comedy game like South Park.
wolfing is offline

wolfing

wolfing's Avatar
Dalek SasqWatch

#12

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tardis
Posts: 5,645
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Default 

September 13th, 2017, 02:43
Looks too "clean", in comparison with they're trying to convey. It's in the details that "sell" the world, this looks amateurish-ly crafted.
MEA had the same problem with Nexus.
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.
BoboTheMighty is offline

BoboTheMighty

BoboTheMighty's Avatar
SasqWatch

#13

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Croatia
Posts: 3,900
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

Default 

September 13th, 2017, 03:24
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
I actually prefer no humor unless of course it's a comedy game like South Park.


I can't believe you didn't like:
loading…


Bieeeeeeeeen!!!
--
Toka Koka
Last edited by joxer; September 13th, 2017 at 03:35.
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#14

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 22,311
Mentioned: 178 Post(s)

Default 

September 13th, 2017, 03:35
Originally Posted by TheSHEEEP View Post
ELEX will be the greatest game of all time.
For sure. And it will certainly be the best open-world RPG we've seen in a LONG time.

Deleted User

Guest

#15

Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
+1:

Default 

September 13th, 2017, 03:41
This is probably the faction I will go with in my first playthrough. Seems the most like the paladin faction from the Gothic series to me. Praise be to Innos er I mean Calaan.
Gabriel is offline

Gabriel

Gabriel's Avatar
Watchdog
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#16

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

September 13th, 2017, 14:09
Originally Posted by joxer View Post


I can't believe you didn't like:
loading…


Bieeeeeeeeen!!!
Yeah well, JRPGs are different, how can I take them seriously when a party member is a talking dog or a walking rabbit? I should rephrase it, I don't consider comedy important in a RPG.
wolfing is offline

wolfing

wolfing's Avatar
Dalek SasqWatch

#17

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tardis
Posts: 5,645
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Default 

September 13th, 2017, 18:32
Totally going with the Berserker faction … unless I get hooked on the Outlaws. Clerics are out - can't stand fanatics.

On a side note anyone know who the possible companions are? I know they have some in the game but haven't been able to find any information on them.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
wolfgrimdark is offline

wolfgrimdark

wolfgrimdark's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#18

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 2,510
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

September 13th, 2017, 18:34
This looks like my choice.

NewDArt

Guest

#19

Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
+1:

Default 

September 13th, 2017, 19:15
There are things about all three factions that I find appealing, but I'm leaning towards the Outlaws right now. I like the Mad Max vibe I'm getting from them. It just seems to fit.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#20

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 27,333
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » ELEX - The Cleric Faction
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:12.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch