Iratus: Lord of the Dead - Releases Today - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Iratus: Lord of the Dead - Releases Today

Default Iratus: Lord of the Dead - Releases Today

April 23rd, 2020, 18:08
The roguelike Iratus: Lord of the Dead is scheduled for elease today on Steam.

The Undead Are Unleashed in Iratus: Lord of the Dead - Full Release Today on PC
First Large Expansion to the Popular Roguelike RPG Announced for September

Hamburg, April 23rd, 2020 - Unfrozen and Daedalic Entertainment are delighted to announce that their popular dark fantasy roguelike RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead leaves Steam Early Access today. Additionally, thanks to a successful Early Access phase, the first large expansion Iratus: Wrath of the Necromancer has been announced for September.

If you like challenging tactical RPGs like Darkest Dungeon and you possess a dark sense of humour, Iratus: Lord of the Dead is the game for you. Iratus rises from the dead and rebuilds his undead army of monsters from the remains of his enemies. The necromancer and his mouldy minions have hundreds of different skills you must develop and combine effectively in order to fight your way out of your crypt and get your revenge on the good guys.

With the full release comes two new epic dungeon levels, more enemies, items, quests and the three levels that have been playable since Early Access launch also have additional content. Of course, the full release also contains all content and quality of life updates that have been implemented since last year.

Iratus: Lord of The Dead was Steam No. 1 at its Early Access launch and has been very popular with the community ever since, with about 90% positive user reviews. Fans can look forward to the large expansion Iratus: Wrath of the Necromancer, coming in September, where they can once more become a megalomaniacal necromant, with more story content, additional bosses, minions and more to enjoy.
Key Features:

• Play on the side of evil, embodied by the necromancer Iratus!

• Expand and improve your underground lair.

• Craft 18 types of obedient servants from the body parts of your conquered enemies: zombies, vampires, skeletons, mummies, banshees and many more!

• Each minion has six unique abilities for a total of nearly one-hundred abilities for you to command.

• Advanced combat system: to win you need to know both the strengths and weaknesses of your troops and enemies.

• Iratus can kill his enemies not only by magic or claw but also by draining their sanity!

• Four talent trees that alter the way you play: Alchemy, Magic, Ire and Destruction.

• Roguelike elements: minions that die are gone for good and the game saves automatically, making each choice irreversible.

• Detailed 2D graphics and a gloomy atmosphere of dark fantasy.

• Various difficulty levels, satisfying every type of player from novice to hardcore.

• Iratus himself is voiced by the voice-acting legend Stefan Weyte, famous for his performance as Caleb in the cult game series "Blood"

loading…

More information.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)

April 23rd, 2020, 18:33
Man, the iconic voice of Stephan Weyte still sends shivers down my spine

yemeth

Watchdog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

April 23rd, 2020, 18:41
So content complete and not a bugfest?
--
"We live in a stupid society where everything is racist and diversity/identity is our strength. I feel like humanity is lost, common sense is erased. Welcome to the United States of Idiocracy"

Couchpotato

Dreg of Society

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
+1:

April 23rd, 2020, 18:52
for some reason I never like playing games where I am the bad guy….it's weird I know.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

April 23rd, 2020, 19:37
I'm intrigued by this… hopefully some watchers will share their thoughts playing it. I enjoyed parts of Darkest Dungeon but ultimately it ended up feeling too much like a grindy slog whose only desire was to punish the player… not certain this game really changes that.

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

April 23rd, 2020, 19:48
Does this also use throw-away chars like Darkest Dungeon?

Darkheart

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

April 23rd, 2020, 21:54
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
for some reason I never like playing games where I am the bad guy….it's weird I know.
Yeah, I also like games being different from real life. The only "bad guy" game I've really enjoyed is Blackguards.

Nereida

Sentinel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

April 23rd, 2020, 21:57
Originally Posted by Darkheart View Post
Does this also use throw-away chars like Darkest Dungeon?
Yes, and I think to remember you even "combine" or "sacrifice" lower level units to make stronger ones. If you liked Darkest Dungeon you might like this one, though it didn't work for me. I probably burned out on the "genre" with Darkest Dungeon itself.

Nereida

Sentinel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
+1:

April 23rd, 2020, 23:22
I often enjoy being the bad guy, makes it a tad refreshing not to be the same old trope. I'll have to check this one out.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

April 24th, 2020, 00:40
I love roleplaying as the bad guy. Sadly not many players do. Just look at the MassEffect games only 10% of players played evil shepard. Some Fallout 4 mods let you play as a Bandit overlord.
--
"We live in a stupid society where everything is racist and diversity/identity is our strength. I feel like humanity is lost, common sense is erased. Welcome to the United States of Idiocracy"

Couchpotato

Dreg of Society

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)

April 26th, 2020, 18:22
I'm still on the fence with this game. I like playing an evil necromancer in games so this is a good setting to roleplay. However, I didn't play much Darkest Dungeon. I've come back to this thread a couple of times to see if anyone can tip me over the edge, lol.

zentr.

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Iratus: Lord of the Dead - Releases Today