Mass Effect - Trilogy HD Remake - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mass Effect - Trilogy HD Remake

Default Mass Effect - Trilogy HD Remake

May 10th, 2020, 19:31
Originally Posted by Ephiron View Post
Funny, I consider it the worst in all three aspects (well, certainly the first two). I don't think I've ever hated jumping as much as in Andromeda. Loot and character progression were utterly boring, I stopped caring about them very quickly.
Well, you're not alone at least. It seems most people disliked or outright despised the game - so there's that.

I stand firm in my opinion though. It wasn't that long ago that I finished my 80+ hour playthrough which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Before that, I would have said the first Mass Effect was the best one, but not so afterwards.

Then again, I'm the guy who doesn't really like Mass Effect 2 much - and I more or less despise Mass Effect 3.

There's no accounting for taste.

GlimpseDart

Mentioned: Post(s)

May 10th, 2020, 19:35
Originally Posted by GlimpseDart View Post
There's no accounting for taste.
That's true.

Ephiron

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

May 10th, 2020, 20:29
Eh? There's a lot not to like about Andromeda, but I don't get how someone could think the combat was worse than the previous games.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

May 10th, 2020, 20:36
If I'm not mistaken, the combat of Andromeda was more or less the entire foundation of Anthem.

Say what you will about Anthem, but even the most vehement naysayers acknowledge that the core combat gameplay is fantastic

GlimpseDart

Mentioned: Post(s)

May 10th, 2020, 21:38
Anthem had every problem, but the combat and physics were superb. The Frostbite engine is actually a quite fantastic building block, if the game itself was fun to play at all.

Nereida

Sentinel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

May 11th, 2020, 00:15
On one hand I'm excited but on the other hand I'm not buying them again
--
"We live in a stupid society where everything is racist and diversity/identity is our strength. I feel like humanity is lost, common sense is erased. Welcome to the United States of Idiocracy"

Couchpotato

Dreg of Society

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)

May 11th, 2020, 02:51
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Will they keep the limited number of installs ?
(My inner cynic says : "I bet so ! EA is a profit oriented company !")
Don't fret, you can always buy the "moar activationz" DLC by the small price of one full game!

axellslade

No Title Please

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

May 11th, 2020, 05:47
Never played a single one of them. I don't know if an HD/remake will interest me to finally jump in or not. Especially given the considerable time sink.

mbuddha

Sentinel

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

May 11th, 2020, 11:50
Originally Posted by Falksi View Post
Expecting a quick cash-grab, with naff all real significant changes of note to make it worth buying again.
That is pretty much where I am at - especially since it is being timed to allow release on 'next-next-gen' consoles.

And also the Switch.

So I expect some basic gameplay tweaks to streamline things across the trilogy, but otherwise graphics updates to enable them to resell it.
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

May 11th, 2020, 12:47
Creativity was squeezed and milked out to the point Bioware is not able to make good game anymore. Now is time to milk out history of the company. After they are finished with that, it will be end. All that will remain from once great great team of developers will be bunch of people unable even to remaster games from their own history properly. Corporate growth in action.

Andrew23

Sentinel

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

May 11th, 2020, 17:25
--
The delightful and ever novel pleasure of a useless occupation.

Winterfart

Passenger

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

May 11th, 2020, 18:51
Originally Posted by Andrew23 View Post
Creativity was squeezed and milked out to the point Bioware is not able to make good game anymore. Now is time to milk out history of the company. After they are finished with that, it will be end. All that will remain from once great great team of developers will be bunch of people unable even to remaster games from their own history properly. Corporate growth in action.
The fate of every developer in the end who gets bought by the EA Overlord. Just look at all the studio closures by EA. Anyway from what I remember a new Dragon Age is in devoplment.
--
"We live in a stupid society where everything is racist and diversity/identity is our strength. I feel like humanity is lost, common sense is erased. Welcome to the United States of Idiocracy"

Couchpotato

Dreg of Society

+1:

May 11th, 2020, 19:08
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
The fate of every developer in the end who gets bought by the EA Overlord. Just look at all the studio closures by EA. Anyway from what I remember a new Dragon Age is in devoplment.
Yeah, but its not just EA, all corporates work this way. My own fate is sealed by corporate acquisition, so I know well what Im talking about. Doesnt matter its completely different industry.

Andrew23

Sentinel

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

May 11th, 2020, 19:41
Yeah, but its not just EA, all corporates work this way. My own fate is sealed by corporate acquisition, so I know well what Im talking about. Doesnt matter its completely different industry.
Yep it's the same cycle I see every year at various jobs. Larger company buys smaller, outsources, and moves jobs. Happens everytime. Employee's get told lies and get laid off.
--

Couchpotato

Dreg of Society

May 11th, 2020, 19:47
Never played any of the Mass Effects, but I like some of the music. I'm not much into sci-fi, though I enjoyed Prey quite a bit.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Skyrim Worshipper
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

May 11th, 2020, 22:16
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Never played any of the Mass Effects, but I like some of the music. I'm not much into sci-fi, though I enjoyed Prey quite a bit.
Yeah, different genre but, Prey is really good and vastly superior to any of the ME games, imo.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

May 11th, 2020, 22:55
Prey's music is superior too.
--
The delightful and ever novel pleasure of a useless occupation.

Winterfart

Passenger

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

May 11th, 2020, 23:02
The company that gives me most of my hours was just acquired by a large Australian media company. They're saying that nothing will change except for the better, but I haven't been naive for a long time about such things.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

May 11th, 2020, 23:48
On a side note a lot of mods already upgrade the game, but since the games aren't mod friendly install errors happen. Anyway just a more you know post so goodday and carry on .
--

Couchpotato

Dreg of Society

May 12th, 2020, 00:19
I just hope it includes the DLCs of all three games, as those are still full price to this day. I have several friends that I've tried to convince to play it, but that's not happening regardless of how cheap the base game is if the DLCs are still full price, as some of them are more or less mandatory (such as Lair of the Shadow Broker, Arrival, Leviathan and Citadel).

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mass Effect - Trilogy HD Remake