Solasta - "Choose Your Path" Trailer and Interview

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Some new videos for Solasta: Crown of the Magister ahead of the Steam Summer Game Festival. Tactical Adventures also chatted with IGN about the game.

Hey there folks,

We have less than 24h before the Steam Summer Game Festival starts, and what is that? A new trailer?! Oh boy, time to feast your eyes on this video - you don't want to miss it!

Play the FREE DEMO starting June 16th and Wishlist Solasta: Crown of the Magister on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/10...
Build Your Party. Choose Your Path. Your Tabletop Awaits.

Solasta: Crown of the Magister is a Turn-Based Tactical RPG based on the SRD 5.1 ruleset. Wizards of the Coast has granted Tactical Adventures a license to use the Dungeons & Dragons SRD 5.1 content and rules in Solasta: Crown of the Magister.

We chat with Mathieu Girard, CEO and Creative Director of Tactical Adventures about Solasta: Crown of the Magister, a D&D RPG licensed by Wizards of the Coast. This is a classic tabletop RPG in video game form, and trying to give players the same amount of freedom they would have in a tabletop version can be a nightmare.

The Solasta developers at Tactical Adventures received a Dungeons and Dragons license from Wizards of the Coast to use the Dungeons & Dragons SRD 5.1 ruleset to make Solasta Crown of the Magister (their D&D video game).

This Solasta Crown of the Magister trailer shows off Solasta's new universe and world, complete with original lore. In the game, players are sent on a quest to find the ancient evil that could destroy all of Solasta. To make a D&D video game that felt just like its tabletop ancestor--once the game is started--Solsata Crown of the Magister made the game's four-player party unchangeable. During the game, players can't be added to or changed. So, It's crucial to keep your party alive throughout the whole campaign.

The gameplay featured in this Solasta gameplay trailer shows off the vertical tactical combat on which the game prides itself. Solasta Crown of the Magister gameplay will push players to think in three dimensions as they climb, jump, and fly around the digital tabletop board. For another Solasta trailer, Solasta gameplay and more about the Solasta Crown of the Magister game stay tuned to IGN.
More information.

Any news about a release date?
All I could find is an initial release date of September. Probably wrong and it will more then likely be another Early Access game for while. So basically I don't know.:(

I wonder if the free demo is the same as the previous demo or an updated one?

According to their latest KS Project Update (#43),
"This new Demo features two parts:
  • Character Creation Tool
  • Ruins of Telema v2.0"

Any news about a release date?

KS page says Jan 2021.

I wonder if the free demo is the same as the previous demo or an updated one?

Its the same demo but with updated features + a separate character creation tool. You can't play Telema demo with the party you created with the character creation tool but use pre-made party.

Last edited:
KS page says Jan 2021.
Yeah those dates on the page are never accurate either. Not kidding as most kickstarter projects ever deliver by that date given. Not joking or belittling you just a fact.

Though yeah 2021 was another date given.:)

Shut up and take my money! :D Very nice trailer!!!
MUSTHAVE!™© MUSTPLAY!℗®

Back
Top Bottom