S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Delayed to December

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Wccf Tech reports that STALKER 2 was delayed.

STALKER 2: Heart of Chernobyl Has Been Officially Delayed to December 2022

STALKER 2: Heart of Chernobyl has been officially delayed to December 2022, developer GSC Game World confirmed today.

In a new letter shared on Twitter, the developer revealed that their game will launch on December 8th, 2022, instead of April 28th as previously announced. The additional seven months of development will be needed for the team to fulfill their vision of their game.

[...]
More information.

It's not entirely surprising when you consider how little of Stalker 2 they've shown to the public. There's only been 1 trailer that I'm aware of that showed significant gameplay footage. I thought that was odd seeing how close to release it was.

I've always wanted to play something in the Stalker series as I quite enjoyed Roadside Picnic and the Tarkovsky film. I really should see how well they run these days.

I've always wanted to play something in the Stalker series as I quite enjoyed Roadside Picnic and the Tarkovsky film. I really should see how well they run these days.

I really liked the first STALKER.

Encased has drawn a good part of its inspiration from Roadside Picnic, though it's an "isometric" game with turn-based combat, so the gameplay is quite different than STALKER. They've also taken the concept of anomalies and artefacts you can wear to modify your stats.

They run fine on newer systems and OS, but I wouldn't recommend playing them without a basic mod that fixes additional bugs.

Well news to me as I didn't know it had a possible releases date. As the developer hasn't even shown concrete game-play yet. Classic example of bad game marketing.

Maybe delays due to being distracted by the NFTs they were planning to link into the game? :rolleyes:
Anyway since they've abandoned that nonsense I still have high hopes for this and am happy to wait if it means we get another bleak adventure in to the 'Zone'.

I'm not complaining. I might even have my new gaming computer by then. :biggrin:

somewhat good news since i want to play this on xcloud and probably by december it will be out of beta :D

Back
Top Bottom