Colony Ship - New location: The Habitat

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The first two chapters of Colony Ship are now available!

New location: The Habitat

The first two chapters of the game are now available!

After a three-month delay, the Habitat is finally ready to be released. It's an important milestone that adds one of the most important and biggest locations to the game and marks the end of chapter 2. As of right now, 60% of the content is done.

In the Habitat you finally get to meet the three main factions (the Brotherhood of Liberty, Church of the Elect, and Protectors of the Mission) and see what they're all about, meet the faction party members who'll join one once you're ready to proceed to the ECLSS, and learn more about the machine you found in the Armory. Unlike the Pit, the Habitat is more about diplomacy (read scheming and plotting) and setting up the playing board for future branching.

While the current stage's content is done (you'll return to the Habitat once you're ready to deliver the machine, which will unlock new quests), we'll continue improving the visuals, adding minor conversations and expanding the existing ones throughout the development, so it will be an ongoing project. Anything you wish to see there (I assume you know by now what we can and cannot do), let us know.

The delay forced us to re-evaluate the remaining workload and update the 'roadmap':

End of Jul - ECLSS and the maintenance deck
End of Oct - The Pit (chapter 3 content)
End of Dec - Heart (the mutant town)
End of Feb - Hydroponics (Yellow and Red Zones), Mission Control (lower levels)
End of Apr - The Armory (level 3), Bridge and the end of chapter 3, all locations are done.
End of Jun - Endgame (chapter 4)

It's a safe schedule that gives plenty of time to each item. The only new locations on the list are the ECLSS, the mutant town (smaller than the Pit), and the Bridge. The other locations will be using the existing assets (and already animated creatures).

We apologize for the delay, of the Habitat and the final release. We did our best and worked non-stop since Christmas. We hope you'll like the end result and look forward to your feedback.
Thanks Pladio!

More information.

I'm still going to try to hold off on playing until all the chapters has been released.

Is it good, king arthur?
Yeah I like it quite a lot barring some niggles here and there.

I posted my impressions on one of the King Arthur threads. I can send you the link later when I'm home if you're interested.

Just let me know.

Anyone know if they ever updated the demo to include more?
I don't think the demo was touched. It was meant to just be a combat demo.

I can ask @VDweller; on steam if he doesn't see this.
He's quite responsive.

I think he would have to release the entire first chapter as a demo if anything because its all the branching that makes the game special.
Either that or just update the demo to be based on latest feats and stuff.

I think he would have to release the entire first chapter as a demo if anything because its all the branching that makes the game special.

They could simply stop the demo based on some criteria, like the time spent or how much has been performed in the game. It's not as robust from piracy as a partial content but since the game is not finished it's not a big deal, and I doubt that the game is a large target for piracy anyway.

They could simply stop the demo based on some criteria, like the time spent or how much has been performed in the game. It's not as robust from piracy as a partial content but since the game is not finished it's not a big deal, and I doubt that the game is a large target for piracy anyway.
They could do anything but I think it's a problem when they're working on main game for crazy hours already.

Demo is not a priority I think.

They could do anything but I think it's a problem when they're working on main game for crazy hours already.

Demo is not a priority I think.

That's understandable. With an Early Access, they must already get enough feedback. Actually, we can see that in the forums.

I also see a demo as a good way to be taken seriously, but they've already made one. And they've already made one game before.

We'd like to do that but it takes time and that's one thing we don't have right now, not after the 3 months delay.

Back
Top Bottom