The TV Series discussion thread

I've been watching the final season of Wellington Paranormal. One episode to go. I can't believe they're stopping there before it gets too stale. Feels like they could get away with several more seasons before that happened. Oh well.

Indeed, what they did with Madison absolutely killed the show for me. She was by far the best actor on the show and I've no idea why they did that, unless it was something she desired. And, if that's true, I guess I'd say she came to her senses. -p

.. and I still say the bitch deserved it. I don't understand why you want to keep such a horrible character around. My biggest beef with both shows was their habit of killing all the good characters and keeping the assholes.

I tried watching a few episodes of Lost in Space over the weekend. I remember not even finishing the first episode when it was released, but I watched the first four this time.

I can't say it does much for me. Parker Posey feels out of place as the villain and so does the obvious injection of woke they forced into it. The 1998 film was better than this.

I tried watching a few episodes of Lost in Space over the weekend. I remember not even finishing the first episode when it was released, but I watched the first four this time.

I can't say it does much for me. Parker Posey feels out of place as the villain and so does the obvious injection of woke they forced into it. The 1998 film was better than this.
The whole show seems overtly scripted if that's how I can put it. Every thing always happens at the exact right time. Nothing seems natural.

It's not a collection of stand-alone stories like Black Mirror, so that seems like an odd comparison. Maybe the overall tone is similar?

Hmm, kinda? It's long form and not an anthology, so in that sense it's nothing like it. But the subject matter certainly could be a Black Mirror episode. And the tone, like JDR suggested.

Yes, I think it was about the subject matter they referred it as.

Have you both seen it ? Is it good ?

Yes, I think it was about the subject matter they referred it as.

Have you both seen it ? Is it good ?

I've watched all of the episodes that have come out so far (there's one more to come in season 1) and I have enjoyed it a lot, albeit with a nagging feeling that it may not amount to as much in the end as I would hope. I got major Lost vibes watching it. Maybe it's more mapped out than it seems, but there are a lot of random details that feel like they were made up on the spot and will never be visited again.

But again, I like it a lot. It's an intriguing premise that they explore from several angles. It's got a thick vein of dark humor that can sometimes veer into absurdity, and at other times it's very bleak (especially if you really think about the implications). I do recommend you give it an episode or two and see what you think.

I've watched all of the episodes that have come out so far (there's one more to come in season 1) and I have enjoyed it a lot, albeit with a nagging feeling that it may not amount to as much in the end as I would hope. I got major Lost vibes watching it. Maybe it's more mapped out than it seems, but there are a lot of random details that feel like they were made up on the spot and will never be visited again.

But again, I like it a lot. It's an intriguing premise that they explore from several angles. It's got a thick vein of dark humor that can sometimes veer into absurdity, and at other times it's very bleak (especially if you really think about the implications). I do recommend you give it an episode or two and see what you think.
Thanks

I watched the first series of the Lost in Space show when I still paid for Netflix, it was barely watchable, though I did stick through just to see what happened. And yes, both the original series and the film are far superior, well, at least to the first series.

I liked Lost in Space for what it was and watched all three seasons. Season 2 was the weakest, in my opinion.

I haven't completely written it off yet. I might watch more just out of curiosity about the robot(s). So far, that's the only plot thread that seems remotely interesting.

One nice thing about Lost in Space was that the child actors all aged well. The kid who plays Will, obviously a pivotal role, ended up being quite good in season 3.

I liked Lost in Space well enough. It wasn't amazing, but it was entertaining. I haven't seen season 3 but I might give it a shot if it was better than 2 (which was ok but I was starting to lose interest).

I never saw the original series but I certainly thought the new series was better than the movie. Though that's not a very high bar to clear.

Ahh, I meant to imply that I no longer pay for nor watch anything from Netflix, as I don't agree with their philosophies as an organization. The sole exception I've made to date is Cobra Kai, as it existed long before Netflix acquired it. I was an original person that had a lifetime subscription to Netflix when they mailed you items to view, after I left Canada in 2018 I gave that to someone that enjoyed their content more than I.

I never saw the original series but I certainly thought the new series was better than the movie. Though that's not a very high bar to clear.

I enjoyed the movie a lot more than I'm enjoying the reboot so far. Gary Oldman as Dr Smith was a thousand times better. The series lacks a real villain.

I enjoyed the movie a lot more than I'm enjoying the reboot so far. Gary Oldman as Dr Smith was a thousand times better. The series lacks a real villain.

It's meant to be Dr. Smith early on. The third season has a more straightforward bad guy (or bad robot, anyway)

Ewww, reading bad robot makes me think of bad reboot, the deplorables that are currently making shows that they claim are Star Trek, yet certainly are not.

I watched the first episode of the newest Burns documentary last night, the subject this go around is Ben Franklin. I've not seen a Burns production yet that I've not enjoyed, and this one is no exception.

Back
Top Bottom