Divinity: Original Sin II - Review by Ye Old Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a big topic to tackle and we've now destroyed this thread (I hope a mod will nuke all these posts, or move them elsewhere, I'm truly sorry for this) - but in general society is quite fragile at the moment in that anything is taken as an offense. When I said the thing about being sexist to this particular person was simply to contrast his classical "tough kid" approach to the situation, didn't mean to bring on a debate of this caliber.

I'm not feminist, and in fact I think feminists often do more harm than good.

I just wanna talk about games and have an escape from long work mornings now and then. I don't want to deal with political debates, or come to a mature site where I expect to find others with like-minded interests just to find the average trolls I can find by playing LoL or WoW in an off-school day. That's all.

Sometimes I wonder about you Alrik… ;)

As a teenager, I dveloped "Irritation as an art principle". Irritation also works very well in comminucations, for example, to break up discussions which have become "closed circles" - if one notices the "Irritator", of course. I have seen (elsewhere) threads having been closed, because they had become a "closed circle" discussion war, with no-one of those whithin that "closed circle" even neither noticong nor replying to ANYONE who was outside of that "closed circle discussion war".

So, I have irritated you, with success, and you have lost. ;) I win. ;)

I'm not feminist, and in fact I think feminists often do more harm than good.

It depends on the definition, of what you call "feminist".

I just wanna talk about games and have an escape from long work mornings now and then. I don't want to deal with political debates, or come to a mature site where I expect to find others with like-minded interests just to find the average trolls I can find by playing LoL or WoW in an off-school day. That's all.

I can understand that. Which is why I have withdrawn from most other game related forums, especially from MMOs.
MMO forums are especially grim in that regard.

As a teenager, I dveloped "Irritation as an art principle". Irritation also works very well in comminucations, for example, to break up discussions which have become "closed circles" - if one notices the "Irritator", of course. I have seen (elsewhere) threads having been closed, because they had become a "closed circle" discussion war, with no-one of those whithin that "closed circle" even neither noticong nor replying to ANYONE who was outside of that "closed circle discussion war".

So, I have irritated you, with success, and you have lost. ;) I win. ;)

I can't tell if you're joking here. I wasn't irritated with you in the least. Some of your posts are just a little confusing sometimes.

Indeed. When a jest about Super Mario Brothers and metascores incites a personal attack, things are fragile indeed.

What I sense "out there" is a HUGE dislike about colourful games. I often read - especially in PvP forums, reactions like "go play Hello Kitty !"

Which transports 2 things :

- A hearty dislike of anything colourful
- The notion that everything "cute" (or at least regarded as such, as this is to a part individual, too) is inferior - mostly even with the belief that "cute = childish or/and = woman-like -> inferior".

Ties in very well with what i call the "heavymetalization of games".

I can't tell if you're joking here. I wasn't irritated with you in the least. Some of your posts are just a little confusing somethimes.

Confusion = Irritation. ;)

Wanted to stop by sharing my opinions but then I realized it was agreed around here that my positive opinion about Piranha Bytes disqualifies me from having critical opinion about DOS and Larian. Pity, but perhaps I can try luck at some other, lower profile, discussion.

DOG-FIGHT-facebook.jpg

Everybody be cool.

Wanted to stop by sharing my opinions but then I realized it was agreed around here that my positive opinion about Piranha Bytes disqualifies me from having critical opinion about DOS and Larian. Pity, but perhaps I can try luck at some other, lower profile, discussion.

It doesn't disqualify you. It's somewhat confusing, because if you didn't want to participate, you just had to avoid posting, but instead you chose to spite the conversation by announcing your renounce to it.

Perhaps you just want to spite the fact that my opinion is different than yours and because you won't be able to change my mind, it's not worth your time, but it's still worth making sure that everyone knows that you think differently. Fine, then. But you are never going to convince anyone that your opinion is better than theirs, that is a crude reality of life. Opinions can change, as a slow process of feedback and implementation of new concepts and ideas, but it will never happen because someone you don't agree with preached a different view from yours.

Yes, I think PB is an overpraised mediocre studio that had a fluke a generation ago and has been living off it without anything to show for nearly two decades. You think differently, which aligns with thinking that the most successful CRPG since BG2, is really not that good. That is okay.

I personally enjoy the posts from people with radically different opinions, some of which are in this thread. It helps me expand my own views and sometimes become aware of things that I had missed as well as build empathy towards others, which I find to be a good thing.

I'm looking at you Mr. Super Moderator.:p

I'd rather not interfere in people's conversations, and just suggest that maybe things are getting silly. Perhaps you could help with that by knocking off the shitposting.

It doesn't disqualify you. It's somewhat confusing, because if you didn't want to participate, you just had to avoid posting, but instead you chose to spite the conversation by announcing your renounce to it.

Perhaps you just want to note the fact that my opinion is so different from yours and because you won't be able to change my mind, it's not worth your time, but it's still worth making sure that everyone knows that you think differently. Fine, then. But you are never going to convince anyone that your opinion is better than theirs, that is a crude reality of life. Opinions can change, as a slow process of feedback and implementation of new concepts and ideas, but it will never happen because someone you don't agree with preached a different view from yours, here and now.

Yes, I think PB is an overpraised mediocre studio that had a fluke a generation ago and has been living off it without anything to show for nearly two decades. You think differently, which aligns with thinking that the most successful CRPG since BG2, is really not that good. That is okay.

I personally enjoy the posts from people with radically different opinions, some of which are in this thread. It helps me expand my own views and sometimes become aware of things that I had missed as well as build empathy towards others, which I find to be a good thing.

I liked Gothic1 very much, it really impressed me, but I also found it too grim and too much … masculinity.
I never played it through.

But, every time I see questions like "where is the quest giver" in a forum, I point towards Gothic1. ;)

I never played the other Gothics, because of various reasons.

I'd rather not interfere in people's conversations, and just suggest that maybe things are getting silly. Perhaps you could help with that by knocking off the shitposting.
Nah I'll stop when you universal enforce the T.O.S and target a certain poster who provokes everyone. Still if my ahem.. shitposting bothers you, well then I'll stop.;)

OK, enough of this crap. I'm not targeting anybody. Please don't continue this line in other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom