Eador: Masters of the Broken World - New Game Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new Eador game has been announced.

Eador lives on! A new game is announced.

Hello!

Due to the lack of news and updates, you might be wondering what happens to our development plans. Have we forgot about the Eador universe at all or do we have something up our sleeve?

Well, as you may have already guessed - we have a bunch of surprises for our fans.

Although it was not an easy decision to make - considering all the "wonderful" events humanity had in 2020, we were always passionate about TBS and somewhere in August we began sketching new project. Hopefully this information will cheer you up a little!

Today we are ready to make a first official public announcement of the upcoming title in the Eador universe.

Because it is very early stage of development, there is not much we can show you, but so far you can be sure that:

The game will be based on the Unreal Engine.

• Astral, which was put aside in the Imperium is coming back with new features.
  • A new storyline campaign which will unfold some secrets.
  • And, of course, new masters, heroes and creatures!
We will do our best to keep you posted on our development progress - in the newsfeeds for Eador games, and, later we will welcome you to the dedicated project as soon as we setup one.

And while we at it, we would like to take opportunity and invite you to take a part in the Steam Autumn sale - you may buy Eador or other our games to support further development and keeping us alive :)

Also it is a good time to look back and check out previous Eador games:

We'll keep you posted!
Development team.
More information.

I really enjoy the Eador games. It has the slow burn where you start off not being able to kill goblins and orcs. Many hours later you are killing giants and dragons. Has a great variety of creatures to battle or join your army and the amount of buildings you can create is vast.

The end game doesn't drag on like other 4X games because if you capture the capital of an enemy they are eliminated. The problem with all the remakes are they were bug ridden and they left out features because of money issues. Imperium not having diplomacy was a major mistake. They added map making to Imperium which was a great feature but you couldn't form alliances or cease fires.

I would be happy if they just combined their games with all the features and squashed the bugs. Maybe add some new creatures and tune up the engine so the AI doesn't take so long on larger maps. Add modding and I would be the first to buy.

Agreed, I spent several hundred hours on Easor:MotBW and enjoyed the sequel as well although not quite as much since the campaign felt less interesting.

I found that as maps got bigger the game could really drag on and get repetitive. Still I got enough enjoyment from the earlier game that I’d totally check out another iteration. I can’t tell though from this if it’s a sequel or just dlc.

Hmmm... I'm only cautiously optimistic. While I enjoyed the original game (which is Eador: Genesis - not any of the games named the post), the subsequent games felt too slow to me.

Hmmm… I'm only cautiously optimistic. While I enjoyed the original game (which is Eador: Genesis - not any of the games named the post), the subsequent games felt too slow to me.

I didn't know about that one. I thought the original was Masters of the Broken Worlds which imo, is a great game.

I'm another one who felt MotBW was too slow. I gave it a try but bounced off hard due to the pace. Never tried the original Eador.

Back
Top Bottom