System Shock - Returning to Vision

Well, if publishers were interested why would they put the team on hiatus?

AKA a break or interruption in the continuity of a work, series, action, etc.

What they should have done is kickstart System Shock 3 and use the DOOM engine! (I mean the latest DOOM engine. Tech6 or whatever. I like how you can interact with the monitors and the fact that it's openGL and Vulkan means there can be a linux port)

Well, if publishers were interested why would they put the team on hiatus?

It could very likely be because they haven't yet found a publisher whose terms they're willing to agree to.

With all the crap games being published nowadays, I find it very hard to believe that no one would be willing to roll the dice on the remake of a cult classic.

We didn't know all the details. For one thing, how much did licensing this IP from EA cost them? Wasteland 2 couldn't have been cheap.

Who was the one publisher that used their kickstart to leverage financing right away? These guys may have waited too late, when all the money was spent.

Oculus used their position to finance a bidding war. Did any of these guys have a portfolio like Garriot or Molyneux they could point at, other than, we licensed SS2?

Maybe they could bring Chris Roberts to put the project back on track? :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom