Mirror's Edge Catalyst new trailer and beta

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
EA started Mirror's Edge marketing campaign. The game is slated for May 24th.

They released a new story trailer called I am Faith and opened up Beta sign-up for all platforms: XBox One, PS4 and PC (require Origin).

I have no idea why this game is getting a beta and can't find info about it either. The trailer make the game look less "arcade" than the first one, but it could be a lie.

Also, this game is $80 CAD for the base edition. Looks like my days of buy game new at release are done for. I'll just wait to get this one for extra cheap like the previous Mirror's Edge.

Anyone played the first one?
This looks pretty damn interesting...reminds me of Remember Me, first Dontnod title. Hugely overlooked game with some very interesting ideas packed into it.

This looks pretty damn interesting…reminds me of Remember Me, first Dontnod title. Hugely overlooked game with some very interesting ideas packed into it.

Not yet, but it is on my very loooong to play list!

*Raise Hand*

I liked it. It was pretty much a 3D runner platformer wit cool action and a story. Performing the actions did require timing though so it might not be for everyone. That's why a called it "arcade" in the first post. The vista and look of the city was pretty awesome.

The first game was entirely 1st person, Catalyst seems to bring some 3rd person views here and there. They also changed the map missions system for an open world city with main missions and side quests which should give you more freedom to complete objectives. The game also has multiplayer, but of the "change a billboard look and it will show changed in your friend's game" variety and also parkour race leaderboard.

Note this is a reboot of the franchise, the first game didn't sell too well and EA refused to make a sequel back in 2008.

Back
Top Bottom