VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Delayed to 2021

Yeah, people forget that the cult classic was a buggy release that got thrashed by reviewers for almost being nearly unplayable and as a result had horrible release sales. A bad release can kills sales and that's bad for everyone, whether players, developers, or publishers.

Well give credit to the Codex they sniffed out that some of the upper management left, and he went by the name of Director Martin Ka'ai Cluney. He left Hardsuit in July.

He was supposedly a friend of Mitsoda from Obsidian, and probably the one who proposed the project, and brought Mitsoda on board. So it doesn't sound good.

Bottom line the only developer with RPG experience at Hardsuit.

If you are waiting for some nice release next year, please keep in mind that any big company game delayed to 2021-2022 will suffer from the new real heavyweight virus arriving and dropping peeps en-masse, for real this time, (like flies) peaking around the month April 2021-2022.

Man, mercy is entertaining.

As to the delay, there was a time these sort of things bugged me but now... not so much. Fact is, in this golden age of RPGs and strategy games, there's almost always lots to play. My Steam Wishlist sits at like 70 games with another 10 or so unplayed in my library.

Man, mercy is entertaining.

As to the delay, there was a time these sort of things bugged me but now… not so much. Fact is, in this golden age of RPGs and strategy games, there's almost always lots to play. My Steam Wishlist sits at like 70 games with another 10 or so unplayed in my library.
While I like to agree I haven't played a big budget RPG in years. Yes we have indie and smaller budget RPGs, but the market is over-saturated with cheap SRPGs nowadays.

Seems the next game that I'm interested in that has a big budget is Cyberpunk 2077, and to the mix Wasteland 3 which by all means is not a big budget game.

I haven't seen such a dry spell for big budget RPG in recent times.:(

Last edited:
While I like to agree I haven't played a big budget RPG in years. Yes we have indie and smaller budget RPGs, but the market is over-saturated with cheap SRPGs nowadays.

Seems the next game that I'm interested in that has a big budget is Cyberpunk 2077, and to the mix Wasteland 3 which by all means is not a big budget game.

I haven't seen such a dry spell for big budget RPG in recent times.:(

I'm not sure there's such a drought as you think, or I'd like to rephrase that by saying that there may be a drought in games that fit specifically in your interest.
For one there was a time when there were very few small budget rpgs, and now there are so many that the amount of "big budget" rpgs seems smaller in comparison. There were never all that many big budget rpgs though. I remember there always being 2 or 3 new big rpgs a year, and I replayed them a lot, because that was all I had access to.
Also there are fewer story focused rpgs currently. Most big budget (non-turn based) rpgs are open world games. In fact especially when it comes to open world action games the lines have blurred so much as almost all of them have rpg elements.
What's really missing are big budget Bioware type rpgs that focus on story and companions.

Even if they delay it for 2025 this game will still be a left-wing tasteless abomination.

"Moving the launch is one of the changes we are making to ensure the best player experience"
Be interesting to know what the other changes are.

"…launch timing and other organisational changes"
Sounds like a restructure. Couchpotato already said one of the upper management left, which is never a good sign at this point in development - hope it's not the sign of further problems ahead.

As for big budget Rpgs, we have a few coming out within a years time, give or take. Cyberpunk2077, Fable, Baldur's Gate 3, Dragon Age 4, and very possibly some Bethesda stuff will be announced soon. Then it depends on how many rpg elements you need to consider something a rpg, but there are multiple souls-like games in the oven, things like AC Valhalla or Horizon Zero Dawn, Diablo 4… And that's just mentioning the obvious.

Pick your poison.

Even if they delay it for 2025 this game will still be a left-wing tasteless abomination.
What do you mean? Neymar? Mané? Ronaldo?

It's a developer making a game set in Seattle so it sounds about right given the city's political climate nowadays. Anyway hope it at least gets released in 2021 at this rate.

Last edited:
Whelp here's the bull-crap PR response from Paradox.:(

Link - https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/an-update-on-the-organizational-changes-for-bloodlines-2?fbclid=IwAR2643BlInumq0QfYm64mXDyR-Lwp3UvRKrTrRxXNTeYOIRb31xLQYGOjkI
Paradox Interactive and Hardsuit Labs have some important updates to share today. We recently shared that we were making some organizational changes to the Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 team, as promised, we will now give an update on what that means.

Lead Narrative Designer Brian Mitsoda and Creative Director Ka’ai Cluney are no longer part of the team at Hardsuit Labs. This was a joint decision made by the leadership of Hardsuit Labs and Paradox Interactive.

We appreciate, and value, the contributions of Brian and Ka’ai, which were instrumental in establishing the game's storyline and dark tone and have helped to ensure that we are making a true successor to the iconic Bloodlines. We wish them both the best in their future endeavors.

With that, we are excited to announce that Alexandre Mandryka has come aboard as Creative Consultant, filling the Creative Director role for Bloodlines 2, and will help us in the final stages of development. Alexandre is committed to following the vision that is in place, and successfully bringing Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 to the fans.

Alexandre has been in the industry for more than 20 years and has worked on iconic franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Warhammer 40,000, Far Cry, and more. With a long history of shipping excellent franchises, we are excited with what Alexandre brings to the game and the World of Darkness.

These changes to the team are focused on one thing: to bring you the best possible Vampire: The Masquerade game. We will share further updates as they occur.

We thank you all for understanding.

@yemeth; also spotted this reply from Brian Mitsoda on RPS.

Link - https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/08/19/brian-mitsoda-has-been-fired-as-narrative-lead-on-bloodlines-2/
"Until recently, I was the Narrative Lead on a videogame called Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 for Hardsuit Labs, Inc being published by Paradox Interactive (which owns 30% of Hardsuit Labs). After almost five years involvement with the studio, I was suddenly terminated on 7/16/20.

That this came as a shock to me is underselling it. I’ve worked on Bloodlines 2 for almost five years. The story and main cast was initially conceived in my living room. I helped develop the pitch for Hardsuit Labs and helped pitch the project to Paradox in Las Vegas.

I’ve been in charge of the narrative since the beginning, working long days and sometimes weekends to deliver a successor to Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, and I’ve never been led to believe that I hadn’t succeeded. Very obviously, I have also been involved in the PR and marketing side of things, even though it was one of the most difficult parts for me. I’m a pretty private person – press and crowds tend to heavily trigger my social anxiety (which, if you’ve ever wondered about the gloves, they are “armor” that make me feel less exposed in situations that trigger my anxiety).

I'm not sure there's such a drought as you think, or I'd like to rephrase that by saying that there may be a drought in games that fit specifically in your interest.
For one there was a time when there were very few small budget rpgs, and now there are so many that the amount of "big budget" rpgs seems smaller in comparison. There were never all that many big budget rpgs though. I remember there always being 2 or 3 new big rpgs a year, and I replayed them a lot, because that was all I had access to.
Also there are fewer story focused rpgs currently. Most big budget (non-turn based) rpgs are open world games. In fact especially when it comes to open world action games the lines have blurred so much as almost all of them have rpg elements.
What's really missing are big budget Bioware type rpgs that focus on story and companions.
Bravo you put in better words then I did. There are way less story focused RPG's nowadays. That's what I meant. Yet we have 100's of low budget SRPGs, Hybrids, and Soul-clones.

It's the same problem with the RTS genre. Developers went the online battle arena for a while. Now the RTS genre is in another golden age. Never thought it would again.

Back
Top Bottom