Spell Master: The Saga - Build Your Own Magic School

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Spellmaster: The Saga has been announced. It is an open world RPG, made by Russian developers, who like the Gothic games a lot. In the game you play a mage who roams the land and builds a magic school to educate followers.

1C Entertainment takes aboard SpellMaster: The Saga, a new open world fantasy RPG

Prague, Czech Republic - August 7, 2020 - 1C Entertainment is proud to announce their collaboration with developer Spellbook Creations on their upcoming project, SpellMaster: The Saga, an open world fantasy RPG where you take the role of a wizard set on founding his own Magic Academy and protect the world of Allyon from the impending catastrophe. The game is currently scheduled to be released via the Steam Early Access program during Q1 2021.

SpellMaster: The Saga is an open world role-playing game set in an epic fantasy universe filled with magic, monsters and mysteries. Take the role of an ambitious wizard who is looking for a way to improve and share his powerful knowledge. In the ruins of a forgotten land, where monsters prowl and robbers hide in the shadows, you will build your own Magic Academy, where you can develop your magic skills, create and manage new faculties and train powerful wizards.

Embark on an amazing adventure in the world of Allyon, explore unknown lands, ancient temples, caves and tombs. Search for ancient artifacts, create new spells, finish countless quests and most importantly - gather a group of faithful magicians like yourself and bring peace to the world of Allyon once again!

SpellMaster: The Saga will be available via Steam Early Access in Q1 2021. Find more information about the development of SpellMaster: The Saga via Steam.

More information.

Years ago I would have rolled at my eyes at another Russian clone, but times have changed, and some good games are being developed all around the world now.

I'll keep my eye on it and hopefully it's not to clunky, or has a bad translation.

That does sound like a pretty good concept and original. As long as the school of magic can be necromancy :evilgrin:

"Building a magic school to educate followers" ?

Yay ! The first non-violent approach for an RPG I've read in decades !

You might be educating them to perform better in combat.

"Building a magic school to educate followers" ?

Yay ! The first non-violent approach for an RPG I've read in decades !

Cause "educating followers" has such great connentations :)

Years ago I would have rolled at my eyes at another Russian clone, but times have changed, and some good games are being developed all around the world now.

From Russia especially. Amazing how many RPGs are coming out of there now.

From Russia especially. Amazing how many RPGs are coming out of there now.
True you have Atom RPG, Pathfinder RPGs, and don't forget Encased.:)

Only if I can make a rogue and then stab some mages. Now that would be appealing. If forced to play a mage, I'd likely give this one a wide berth.

Only if I can make a rogue and then stab some mages. Now that would be appealing. If forced to play a mage, I'd likely give this one a wide berth.
Well you are a wizard building an academy to train other apprentices so I'd say no.
Take the role of an ambitious wizard who is looking for a way to improve and share his powerful knowledge.
Unless the mage can train in other skill areas then maybe.

Of what game would that be a clone?
Oh selective quoting for the win again.:)

Re-read the news-bit my friend.
open world RPG, made by Russian developers, who like the Gothic.
So it will more then likely play like Gothic that's all I meant.

Should've just said Russian RPG's or games.

When I think of "mage building his own magic school", I think old white-(or at least gray)haired long-time magic practitioner finally settling down to impart his wisdom upon the next generation of mages in his ancient keep full of tomes and artifacts. The character here seems to be quite young and is himself just building up experience while roaming around the world.

Some Early Access game-play on ultra settings.:)

Back
Top Bottom