Hope of Humanity

Redglyph

SasqWatch
I spotted an ambitious KS that launched one week ago: Hope of Humanity.

Curious to see how far they go. The goal is 860k USD, no less, and 40 days to go.

They have a website: https://hopeofhumanityofficial.com/en/

We present HOPE OF HUMANITY, a third-person single-player RPG. Witness a world with no humans, when for a hundred years humans have been an extinct race. Head a troop or go it alone. Reestablish the truce between all races, return, the former greatness of the humans or defeat them, it's up to you to decide!

Three races, three backstories for the main character, an unexpected quest resolution and multiple ending choices in a world full of magic.

Game Engine: Unreal Engine 5

Estimated release date: 2023-2024

Plates: PC, PlayStation 4/5, Xbox One/Series S/X

That's a tall order. I like that they're asking for a more sensible budget, but I fear this will demonstrate why people don't do that.

TBH, this looks a bit pie in the sky, to me. They've got some characters running around some asset store locations, but although that can superficially look pretty good, it's a heck of a project to make full game in this style.

Finally a developer asked for a sensible budget but it probably wont get funded.

Looks ambitious but I doubt it will reach the goals - I, for one, am reluctunt to back devs with no notable past experience.

Since they are promising early access in March 2022, I assume some works been done - I reckon it would be better off selling early access on Steam and hope it will attract people rather than KS.

Nod, the days of garnering those kinds of funds via kick starter are likely five years plus in the past. It's pretty, yet looks super ambitious to me, I do wish them well and hope they get all the cheddar they need.

Yeah, I think you need a real demo and a chunk of content to even consider a pitch like this. Honestly, there's loads of hobbyists who show more developed examples on Reddit.

Witness a world with no humans, when for a hundred years humans have been an extinct race.

In Hope of Humanity, you can choose your sex and play as three races-Elves, Dwarves, and Humans.

whatamireading.png

I'll be surprised if this reaches 10% of its goal.

Maybe the purpose of this Kickstarter is simply to state that there is no hope for humanity.

Yeah, I don't bid early in any ks projects. Have a playable demo and I start to think about it. If your dev cycle is more than a year or so, it's too early to KS imo.

Well in two days it has garnered $991. Ouch! There is a difference between a dream and a fantasy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom